Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If The Better Sex were to come back...  (Read 8332 times)

kidsplash

If The Better Sex were to come back...
« on: December 20, 2004, 07:43:48 PM »
If Fremantle were to put "The Better Sex" back in syndicated (or maybe GSN) for new shows, what male-and-female duo would like to host the show? I've got the perfect answer:

Donny & Marie Osmond, of course!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 07:49:36 PM »
Sweet Donny and Marie in a show with "SEX" in the title??!!??
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 07:56:26 PM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 07:43 PM\']If Fremantle were to put "The Better Sex" back in syndicated (or maybe GSN) for new shows, what male-and-female duo would like to host the show? I've got the perfect answer:

Donny & Marie Osmond, of course!
[snapback]68009[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seriously, Fremantle actually did consider reviving this show, at least in title, in 2000. I don't believe a pilot was done for it, however.

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 08:53:12 PM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 07:43 PM\']If Fremantle were to put "The Better Sex" back in syndicated (or maybe GSN) for new shows, what male-and-female duo would like to host the show?
[/quote]
Tom Snyder and Rona Barrett.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 09:06:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 08:53 PM\']Tom Snyder and Rona Barrett.
[snapback]68021[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wow, there's a flashback...

tvwxman

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 09:07:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 08:53 PM\'][quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 07:43 PM\']If Fremantle were to put "The Better Sex" back in syndicated (or maybe GSN) for new shows, what male-and-female duo would like to host the show?
[/quote]
Tom Snyder and Rona Barrett.
[snapback]68021[/snapback]
[/quote]

Brilliant! And it's funny for us who get the joke! All 3 of us!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

SplitSecond

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 09:20:53 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 07:07 PM\']Brilliant! And it's funny for us who get the joke! All 3 of us!
[snapback]68027[/snapback]
[/quote]

Never you worry, Matt.  Tomorrow, there will be a coast to coast wave of knowing laughter.

DrBear

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 11:15:46 PM »
I'd switch it off and watch Letterman...

As for my duo, how about Dan Rather and Connie Chung? Neither one's doing much these days.....

"Connie, that answer's as crazy as a headless chicken on meth."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 02:23:58 AM »
Getting back to the serious replies (sometimes difficult here, I know :-))...
Why not a male & female duo comprised of established, compotent hosts, say, Tom Bergeron and Kennedy.
Or we could dust off some Nickelodeon hosts now that their contestants would be old enough to qualify; how about the duo of Marc Summers and Summer Sanders? Granted, having hosts named Summers and Summer would lead to some mind-blowingly awful pun-laden promos, but look at it this way...
1. We'd have two hosts who are both more qualified than Bill & Sarah for game show hosting;
2. You seldom have game show emcees who can make their own Chain Reaction bonus game puzzle (you'd have to fudge on one name, but still...)
2. Hopefully Summer Sanders would bring along her wardrobe coordinator from Figure It Out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 04:06:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Dec 21 2004, 02:23 AM\']Getting back to the serious replies (sometimes difficult here, I know :-))...
Why not a male & female duo comprised of established, compotent hosts, say, Tom Bergeron and Kennedy.[/quote]

You know, when you put the "Tom" in the wrong place in that sentence (in your mind), you start to wonder . . .

(Serious replies? Hah!)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

JayC

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 06:33:43 PM »
*dodges tomatoes*

Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey

The Pyramids

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 06:49:19 PM »
Tom Bergeron and Kennedy are a good idea.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 07:23:29 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Dec 21 2004, 04:49 PM\']Tom Bergeron and Kennedy are a good idea.
[snapback]68117[/snapback]
[/quote]
No! Putting Kennedy on TV is NEVER a good idea.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 07:26:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Dec 21 2004, 02:23 AM\']Getting back to the serious replies (sometimes difficult here, I know :-))...
Why not a male & female duo comprised of established, compotent hosts, say, Tom Bergeron and Kennedy.
Or we could dust off some Nickelodeon hosts now that their contestants would be old enough to qualify; how about the duo of Marc Summers and Summer Sanders? Granted, having hosts named Summers and Summer would lead to some mind-blowingly awful pun-laden promos, but look at it this way...
1. We'd have two hosts who are both more qualified than Bill & Sarah for game show hosting;
2. You seldom have game show emcees who can make their own Chain Reaction bonus game puzzle (you'd have to fudge on one name, but still...)
2. Hopefully Summer Sanders would bring along her wardrobe coordinator from Figure It Out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
[snapback]68050[/snapback]
[/quote]

But from one show I saw last week, nor her hair stylist from "Figure It Out."  (And the show wasn't even from the "Wild Style" series!)

From the promos I've seen for her current FSN show "The Sports List," her current wardrobe person will be good enough.

And I should point out that although Marc's "DD" contestants are now old enough, some of Summer's contestants would barely make it on--now.

Steve_Bier

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 10:49:42 PM »
Mark Summers and Paige Davis.