Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The part is gone.....  (Read 6574 times)

tyshaun1

The part is gone.....
« on: December 19, 2004, 11:49:37 AM »
Peter's hair is no longer parted on today's show, and the champion is different from who won on yesterday's show. It looks like GSN's skipped ahead about a week or so, but I figured my esteemed colleagues may be able to place the date. Any thoughts?

Tyshaun

roadgeek

The part is gone.....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 12:25:23 PM »
What a weird episode it was, too.  I noticed that during the next-to-last spin, the contestants' microphones were cut way down.  Turning the volume way up, it seemed like Donarae said "This is s***!" followed by laughter in the audience.  With hitting all those extra spins, I could understand why she felt that way.  :)

Rastaub

The part is gone.....
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 12:37:04 PM »
Peter also mentioned that it was the last day to enter the Home Player Sweepstakes, so possibly that could be starting on one of the next few shows. That would put the run in early October correct?

tyshaun1

The part is gone.....
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 01:55:18 PM »
Yesterday's show was 10-3-85 (a Thursday), so you would've figured that Peter would mention it being the final entry date on today's show, which would've given about a 2 week grace period before the sweepstakes began on 10-21-85. But with a different champion, they obviously didn't air the next taped episode. But I digress.....

BTW, she said "This is it!", but your version is much more interesting.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 02:11:01 PM by tyshaun1 »

roadgeek

The part is gone.....
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »
Whoops!  My imagination must've filled in a little too much there.  ;-)

Did today's episode seem to have been edited more heavily?  While I've noticed GSN cutting into the shows more and more, it felt like these were older CBS edits and not newer GSN edits.

tyshaun1

The part is gone.....
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 05:36:08 PM »
[quote name=\'roadgeek\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 04:08 PM\']Did today's episode seem to have been edited more heavily?  While I've noticed GSN cutting into the shows more and more, it felt like these were older CBS edits and not newer GSN edits.
[snapback]67881[/snapback]
[/quote]

All in-show edits, from what I understand, are from the original airing, not GSN. And upon further review, I noticed that the opening of the show was hacked as well, with a post-production Peter walking on to notify the home audience about the sweepstakes at the top of the show. So it's possible that this episode DID air on 10-4-85, it just doesn't explain what happened to the last game's winner, and why today's champion had over $10K to her credit.

Tyshaun

Pyramid80

The part is gone.....
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 09:18:45 AM »
Sunday was the first day that I watched PYL in a few weeks.  I noticed Peter was sporting his new doo and was surprised that no one had mentioned it earlier.  But considering Sunday's episode was the first one that GSN aired with the new haircut, now I know why.

snowpeck

The part is gone.....
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 12:25:21 AM »
This is completely speculation, but I do think they skipped a week's worth of shows.  Sunday's episode was #534 by my calculations.  We shall see in a couple weeks.  The first episode of the Home Player Sweepstakes is #540.  That we know for sure.  So, if we get to that show in the next 5 shows, then I'm right.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Rastaub

The part is gone.....
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 05:30:57 PM »
Does anyone out there know what PYL episode aired on Christmas Day ? I know they aired the  12/25/84 ep on Sunday, but I didnt see any mention of the Christmas episode.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
The part is gone.....
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 05:40:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Rastaub\' date=\'Dec 27 2004, 04:30 PM\']Does anyone out there know what PYL episode aired on Christmas Day ? I know they aired the  12/25/84 ep on Sunday, but I didnt see any mention of the Christmas episode.
[snapback]68803[/snapback]
[/quote]
The day before--12/24/84.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

zachhoran

The part is gone.....
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 06:43:09 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 27 2004, 05:40 PM\'][quote name=\'Rastaub\' date=\'Dec 27 2004, 04:30 PM\']Does anyone out there know what PYL episode aired on Christmas Day ? I know they aired the  12/25/84 ep on Sunday, but I didnt see any mention of the Christmas episode.
[snapback]68803[/snapback]
[/quote]
The day before--12/24/84.

Doug
[snapback]68806[/snapback]
[/quote]

WOuld have been nice to see the Xmas 1985  episode this weekend, which would have been seen for the first time since on CBS originally 19 years ago. Me wonders if the Xmas Eve and Xmas 1984 shows were aired because GSN doesn't have the Xmas 1985 show. But will they go back to October 1985 come Saturday?

Ian Wallis

The part is gone.....
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2004, 12:58:53 PM »
Me wonders if the Xmas Eve and Xmas 1984 shows were aired because GSN doesn't have the Xmas 1985 show. But will they go back to October 1985 come Saturday?

It could well be that they don't have it...but GSN has never been very generous in showing "previously unaired" shows during marathons, or special programming.  They could just be waiting for it to turn up in the regular rotation - it's obvious they picked up way more than 200 shows in this batch.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

cmjb13

The part is gone.....
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2005, 03:35:50 PM »
His new hair is back.

I'm curious if there was any announcement congratulating Rod on becoming the announcer on Price?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 03:36:34 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

The part is gone.....
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2005, 03:57:23 PM »
Probably not, since he didn't take over the job permanently until February.  ('Course, it'd help to know how the two shows' taping schedules matched up.)

tyshaun1

The part is gone.....
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2005, 08:08:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 03:57 PM\']Probably not, since he didn't take over the job permanently until February.  ('Course, it'd help to know how the two shows' taping schedules matched up.)
[snapback]69483[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, PYL taped every other Saturday and Sunday, and TPIR taped Mon-Tue-Wed, so their taping schedules didn't overlap at all. Which explains how Rod managed to do both shows at the same time. It doesn't account for why Charlie O'Donnell subbed for Rod for 2 tape days though, perhaps Rod did some work on Kennedy's TPIR, perhaps? Also, TTBOMK, Rod's other job was never mentioned, besides Peter's occasional wisecracks about Barker, on PYL.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 08:10:39 PM by tyshaun1 »