Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contestant calling a host the wrong name  (Read 4413 times)

cmjb13

Contestant calling a host the wrong name
« on: December 17, 2004, 02:43:57 PM »
Reading an article recently about Peter Billingsley where he said that he enjoyed playing Hot Potato with host Bill Cohen, got me thinking...

Any interesting names that hosts are called by mistake?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

whewfan

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 04:02:55 PM »
Pat Sajak was called Chuck on one daytime WOF. While not a host mixup, one contestant Monty picked on All New LMAD thought she was on The Price is Right when Monty asked what game show she was on.

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 04:27:50 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 02:43 PM\']Reading an article recently about Peter Billingsley where he said that he enjoyed playing Hot Potato with host Bill Cohen, got me thinking...

[snapback]67618[/snapback]
[/quote]

There was a TPiR clip I remember seeing where a contestant couldn't remember his name. Bob asked the contestant what HIS (meaning Bob's) name was, and he said "Charles", which was the contestant's name...If that counts...

Rastaub

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 09:27:13 PM »
I have an episode of TPIR from some time in the mid-seventies where a contestant calls Bob, Bob Baker.  In all honesty, it's really not that funny, but it cracks me up.  

Of course PYL fans can tell you about one famous contestant who told Peter she came to play TPIR.

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 09:50:44 PM »
I have an episode of TPIR from some time in the mid-seventies where a contestant calls Bob, Bob Baker. In all honesty, it's really not that funny, but it cracks me up.

Bob said that was a common occurance back in his ToC days, to the point where he finally got a dog, named him "Mr. Baker", and when someone came to his door asking to see Mr. Baker...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Johnissoevil

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 10:06:10 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 02:43 PM\']Reading an article recently about Peter Billingsley where he said that he enjoyed playing Hot Potato with host Bill Cohen, got me thinking...

[snapback]67618[/snapback]
[/quote]

I remember a few host mix ups, three notably from Feud...

From the Combs years, on the daytime run, Richard Dawson's name happened to be up there on the board.  Two minutes later, a member of the same family who revealed the answer said "Richard, I'm gonna say Pat Sajak."  Ray's reaction:  Well, Richard isn't hosting this anymore, but if you want to call me that, that's fine.

Another two occurances on the syndie Combs version, during the WWF VS. WBF special, on one episode, when Ray introduced the wrestlers, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan greeted Ray by saying "Hey, Wink!"  Ray's response was "Wink?"  Heenan then looked over to the audience, pointing at Ray, saying "Isn't that Martindale?"  The next day, Heenan was at it again, saying to Ray, "Zonk 'em, Monty!"
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 12:11:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Rastaub\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 09:27 PM\']I have an episode of TPIR from some time in the mid-seventies where a contestant calls Bob, Bob Baker.  In all honesty, it's really not that funny, but it cracks me up.
[snapback]67675[/snapback]
[/quote]

Something similar happened in 2000 or so -- a guy in Contestants' Row was telling Bob that his grandmother always used to call him "Bob Baker."  He went on about it for about twenty seconds, and then Bob started joking about, "does this guy think he's gonna get anywhere by telling me his family doesn't even know my name?"