Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pretty Good Proposal  (Read 3534 times)

Jimmy Owen

Pretty Good Proposal
« on: December 17, 2004, 07:24:16 PM »
Three contestants compete to read copy without stumbling.  There are three rounds, "Clarity," "Speed" and "Tongue Twister."  Overall winner goes on to compete against a pre-taped professional announcer.  If the contestant delivers the lines faster than the professional without stumbling, the contestant wins the $1,000 prize.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DrJWJustice

Pretty Good Proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 07:33:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 07:24 PM\']Three contestants compete to read copy without stumbling.  There are three rounds, "Clarity," "Speed" and "Tongue Twister."  Overall winner goes on to compete against a pre-taped professional announcer.  If the contestant delivers the lines faster than the professional without stumbling, the contestant wins the $1,000 prize.
[snapback]67651[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hosted by Donald Trump and Ben Stein, no less.  Excuse me while I roll over and go back to sleep while watching this.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pretty Good Proposal
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 07:34:58 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 05:33 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 07:24 PM\']Three contestants compete to read copy without stumbling.  There are three rounds, "Clarity," "Speed" and "Tongue Twister."  Overall winner goes on to compete against a pre-taped professional announcer.  If the contestant delivers the lines faster than the professional without stumbling, the contestant wins the $1,000 prize.
[/quote]

Hosted by Donald Trump and Ben Stein, no less.  Excuse me while I roll over and go back to sleep while watching this.
[snapback]67654[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm guessing there was a certain amount of humor in this idea. I'm HOPING there was, anyhow.

And if you casted anyone but John Moschita in the host's role, you just weren't thinking! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

Pretty Good Proposal
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 08:06:46 PM »
NBC's "Games People Play" had something similar to this already in one of their early segments.  It was the "Fastest Talking DJ Contest".  One of our local legends, who is still active more than 20 years after that show, finished in 2nd.

Jimmy Owen

Pretty Good Proposal
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 09:09:28 PM »
How bout this:  Make it a game where you pick prizes off the board, and if you can read the fee plug without stumbling, the retail price of the item is added to your total and you would win the prize if you have the highest total at the end.  Cmon, can you say "rack and pinion" without your nerves getting to you?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DrJWJustice

Pretty Good Proposal
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 09:16:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 07:34 PM\'][quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 05:33 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 07:24 PM\']Three contestants compete to read copy without stumbling.  There are three rounds, "Clarity," "Speed" and "Tongue Twister."  Overall winner goes on to compete against a pre-taped professional announcer.  If the contestant delivers the lines faster than the professional without stumbling, the contestant wins the $1,000 prize.
[/quote]

[snapback]67654[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm guessing there was a certain amount of humor in this idea. I'm HOPING there was, anyhow.

And if you casted anyone but John Moschita in the host's role, you just weren't thinking! :)
[snapback]67656[/snapback]
[/quote]

And after grading 90 essay exams over the past three days, I don't want to think!  Anyways, we'll have Moschita host, Ben Stein to be the professional (since this idea bears a striking resemblance to the bonus round of his show), and The Donald available to get rid of anyone who can't read better than Stein.

But, I'm still not going to watch this borefest.  I'll just use it to cure insomnia.