Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Price is Right game online  (Read 16977 times)

Lidos

Price is Right game online
« on: July 21, 2003, 03:12:20 PM »
Wondering if anyone has seen this yet.

www.thepriceisright.com

I liked it well enough, wondering what you guys thought.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 03:55:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Lidos\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 12:12 PM\'] Wondering if anyone has seen this yet.

www.thepriceisright.com

I liked it well enough, wondering what you guys thought. [/quote]
 It's an interesting idea, but I don't think I'd pay to play it, which is the ultimate intent. Espeically 'cuz it crashed on me during Danger Price. THAT better not happen when I'm paying for it.

Bob's certainly looking well, tho!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 04:08:36 PM »
Very engaging.  I'm sure a lot of you will harp on all the differences in design between this and the real thing, but it was probably the most perfect play-at-home adaptation I've ever seen, mostly because it uses real prizes and prices.

It sucked me in, but I'm with Chris.  I don't see it catching on to be a big nationwide sensation, because I can't imagine people paying to play, even at a quarter a shot.  Something to keep an eye on, though.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 04:26:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 02:55 PM\'][quote name=\'Lidos\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 12:12 PM\'] Wondering if anyone has seen this yet.

www.thepriceisright.com

I liked it well enough, wondering what you guys thought. [/quote]
It's an interesting idea, but I don't think I'd pay to play it, which is the ultimate intent. Espeically 'cuz it crashed on me during Danger Price. THAT better not happen when I'm paying for it.

Bob's certainly looking well, tho![/quote]
Ahh so it didn't just happen to me...I was wondering for a minute. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

LA the DJ

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 06:14:05 PM »
I won three prizes (and fairly easily, I might add)...Too bad I don't live in Stamford, CT...
Maybe if I ever get to work for Vince...

Doesn't matter someone called and disconnected me as I was pondering the prizes anyhow...

INteresting, but there's NO WAY this thing will go off the way they have it planned.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 10:58:36 PM »
Quite fascinating.  I was expecting a crash, after Chris's experience, but had no problem.  It _is_ a pretty strong adaptation.

I don't expect it'll take off in a major way, but I think it could be met with a measure of success.  Not my quarter, though.  Not today, anyway...

-C
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 11:37:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 07:58 PM\'] Quite fascinating.  I was expecting a crash, after Chris's experience, but had no problem.  It _is_ a pretty strong adaptation.
 [/quote]
 Let me add, though, that I was connected through work, and the proxy server we get out on will never have the phrase \"rock-solid reliable\" in it's description. I just played here at home and got all the way through, no problem.

It IS kinda neat. I still dunno about the (potential, as it seems very much like this is still in demo stages) playing fee, it seems like the concept is aching to be sponsor-supported...

HOWEVER, I tell you what...while I wouldn't pay to play for prizes, I WOULD play for free for money-off coupons. Keep my credit card out of the picture, and they may have something.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe