Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: World's Most Outrageous Game Show Moment 2 Special  (Read 2475 times)

brianhenke

World's Most Outrageous Game Show Moment 2 Special
« on: November 08, 2004, 09:44:37 PM »
VH1 is again running The World's Most Outrageous Game Show Moments 2 right now even as I write. (The TV listing shows I Love the '80s Strikes Back instead of WMOGSM2.)

Brian

Poland is the nation directly south of Canada?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 09:47:05 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 8 2004, 09:44 PM\']VH1 is again running The World's Most Outrageous Game Show Moments 2 right now even as I write. (The TV listing shows I Love the '80s Strikes Back instead of WMOGSM2.)

Brian

Poland is the nation directly south of Canada?
[snapback]63359[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, considering the show is 3/4 over, that's great to know. Thanks.

tvrandywest

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 09:04:58 AM »
Well, considering the show is 3/4 over, that's great to know. Thanks.

No doubt it will be on another dozen times. Those specials refuse to die. I watched last night's airing in Shreveport with Todd Newton who had a quick "Whammy" clip in the show. He smiled   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 10:29:25 AM »
Gosh, the residuals on that one (for those who negotiated for them) must be huge!  Good going Scott Satin!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 11:18:02 AM »
With five editions already in the can, we can speculate until a decision is made one way or the other whether there will be a sixth.  About the only outrageous moments that are available are bad answers from the last season-plus on Family Feud.  At least there's been no shortage of those.  Speaking of Whammy!, I don't think this exchange (which has yet to surface on MOGSM) would qualify as outrageous, but I found it amusing: a contestant buzzes in during a question and answers, "What is the eucalyptus plant?"  Todd completes the question, about what pandas eat.  "Is the correct answer What-is-the-eucalyptus-plant, bamboo, or ..."

Based on Satuday's fast national ratings, Bob Eubanks clubbed a first-run Clubhouse 4.5 to 3.0, with the latter posting the worst 18-49 rating on any of the Big Three since the XFL.  This tells me two things: 1) The irrepressible game show fan is not extinct yet, and 2) it won't be long before CBS sends Clubhouse to the showers.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 12:05:59 PM »
That's great news to hear.

...now if someone at FremantleMedia North America can pitch a revived-high stakes prime-time version of Card Sharks, preserving the same elements from 78-81 with a $80,000 Money Cards payoff ($250 on the 1st level and $500 on the 2nd level), great opinionated survey questions that reflects what's going in the real world today, and a classy emcee who can build the excitement and suspense like Jim Perry did, as long as the networks and the American audience give it a chance, that would be great.

(Sorry...don't mind expressing a nice idea.  hehe ;))
-Sanford

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 01:14:52 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 9 2004, 10:18 AM\'] 2) it won't be long before CBS sends Clubhouse to the showers.
[snapback]63389[/snapback]
[/quote]
From USA TODAY:

CBS is dropping Clubhouse  from its lineup after the baseball drama received low ratings in its new Saturday time slot. The series, which starred Dean Cain, Christopher Lloyd and Jeremy Sumpter, had been moved to Saturday after failing to draw an audience on Tuesdays.

Doug
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 01:16:09 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 02:35:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 9 2004, 10:29 AM\']Gosh, the residuals on that one (for those who negotiated for them) must be huge!  Good going Scott Satin!
[snapback]63388[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's cable, son.  You don't get huge residuals on cable--and Marc Summers supposedly says that he gets nothing on "Double Dare"'s umpteen airings a day on Nick GAS.

And with VH1, if you can go several hours with what's on the screen matching what's on TV Guide Interactive, you're running ahead of the game.  In some cases, I've seen one program run with the split-screen credits shown for the *announced* different program.  With what I've heard about the Nick channels' constant presentation bobbles, it seems to me that the Master Control computer at the MTV/Showtime Networks Operations Center out on Long Island has one huge virus.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 03:25:15 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Nov 9 2004, 11:14 AM\']CBS is dropping Clubhouse  from its lineup after the baseball drama received low ratings in its new Saturday time slot. The series, which starred Dean Cain, Christopher Lloyd and Jeremy Sumpter, had been moved to Saturday after failing to draw an audience on Tuesdays.
[/quote]
That's a shame. I kinda liked it.

Ah well. One less Season Pass on the ol' Tivo.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe