The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

CBS announces TPIR Model Status

(1/3) > >>

cmjb13:
Nothing new here that hasn't been reported back in May, but it's interesting nonetheless:

From CBS.com

\"After almost a year of searching for Barker's newest Beauties, the show found it necessary to continue their search and rotation of a select few models. This constant search and rotation allows the show to introduce new faces and also allows models to accept other assignments. Exposure on The Price Is Right generates interest in these models from other shows. In the past, models were unable to accept most of these offers because of their commitment to appear on every PIR show. Now, models can seek and accept such assignments because there is a pool of Barker’s Beauties readily available for every show.\"

Robair:
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 03:57 PM\'] Nothing new here that hasn't been reported back in May, but it's interesting nonetheless:

From CBS.com

"After almost a year of searching for Barker's newest Beauties, the show found it necessary to continue their search and rotation of a select few models. This constant search and rotation allows the show to introduce new faces and also allows models to accept other assignments. Exposure on The Price Is Right generates interest in these models from other shows. In the past, models were unable to accept most of these offers because of their commitment to appear on every PIR show. Now, models can seek and accept such assignments because there is a pool of Barker’s Beauties readily available for every show." [/quote]
 I mean, that's a good move, I believe, because it allows the Beauties to branch out and grow. You wouldn't have Claudia doing \"Simone\" or Shane doing that extreme sports show or the other girls do their things. Let the girls get out and make their names. I mean, before the girls could multitask gals like Dian, Janice, Holly and Kathleen were virtually married to the show -- and they couldn't do anthing else.

The show is very lucky to have Claudia, Shane, Penelope, Lisa and Brandi as the core rotation. It's good to see different faces up there every once in awhile.

PeterMarshallFan:
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 04:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 03:57 PM\'] Nothing new here that hasn't been reported back in May, but it's interesting nonetheless:

From CBS.com

"After almost a year of searching for Barker's newest Beauties, the show found it necessary to continue their search and rotation of a select few models. This constant search and rotation allows the show to introduce new faces and also allows models to accept other assignments. Exposure on The Price Is Right generates interest in these models from other shows. In the past, models were unable to accept most of these offers because of their commitment to appear on every PIR show. Now, models can seek and accept such assignments because there is a pool of Barker’s Beauties readily available for every show." [/quote]
I mean, that's a good move, I believe, because it allows the Beauties to branch out and grow. You wouldn't have Claudia doing "Simone" or Shane doing that extreme sports show or the other girls do their things. Let the girls get out and make their names. I mean, before the girls could multitask gals like Dian, Janice, Holly and Kathleen were virtually married to the show -- and they couldn't do anthing else.

The show is very lucky to have Claudia, Shane, Penelope, Lisa and Brandi as the core rotation. It's good to see different faces up there every once in awhile. [/quote]
Don't forget Janice was supposed to be the new \"Better Sex\" hostess..... :D

LA the DJ:
I like some of the new models and I'm iffy on the others...Though I really don't know any of their names...Where might I find the names of the girls from last season (Well the core group who was at the end of the season)?

goongas:
It sounds to me like spin.  They probably want to save money on models, so having part-timers is probably cheaper than having full-time models.

Goongas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version