Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (Celebrity) Jeopardy -- The Movie!?!?  (Read 2467 times)

TimK2003

(Celebrity) Jeopardy -- The Movie!?!?
« on: November 01, 2004, 09:08:29 PM »
Interesting observation on tonight's 11/1 Jeopardy! episode...

Alex mentions during the contestant chat with Ken Jennings that there may be a Jeopardy! movie in the works starring Wil Farrell.  

Anybody hear anything else about this possible SNL sketch-turned-movie?  From the sounds of it, it could have potential!!!

Tim

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 09:37:22 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 07:08 PM\']Anybody hear anything else about this possible SNL sketch-turned-movie?  From the sounds of it, it could have potential!!!
[snapback]62724[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's been my experience that SNL bits that are funny in five minute increments are almost always utter flops when turned into a ninety-minute movie. And this is coming from someone who REALLY likes the Celebrity Jeopardy skits.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 09:45:50 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 09:37 PM\']It's been my experience that SNL bits that are funny in five minute increments are almost always utter flops when turned into a ninety-minute movie. And this is coming from someone who REALLY likes the Celebrity Jeopardy skits.
[snapback]62728[/snapback]
[/quote]

For examples of this,
"A night at the Roxbury"
"Ladies' Man"
"It's Pat"
"Superstar"
"Stuart Saves his Family"
"Coneheads".

Yeah. Bad idea.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 10:36:58 PM »
And how is that going to work? Make fun of it all the time?

I'll say no.

tommycharles

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 12:14:20 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 09:37 PM\'][quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 07:08 PM\']Anybody hear anything else about this possible SNL sketch-turned-movie?  From the sounds of it, it could have potential!!!
[snapback]62724[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's been my experience that SNL bits that are funny in five minute increments are almost always utter flops when turned into a ninety-minute movie. And this is coming from someone who REALLY likes the Celebrity Jeopardy skits.
[snapback]62728[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah I think the only successful adaptations of SNL skits were Waynes World and The Blues Brothers... and two out of god-only-knows-how-many (edit: aaron apparently knows how many) is a pretty poor record.

rugrats1

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 12:37:39 AM »
As for the concept of Jeopardy becoming a movie -- in the late-1980s, Mad Magazine had a parody of a videotape club ad, which includes alot of fake movies which, if actually made, would've been utter bores. One of the tapes offered -- "Jeopardy, The Movie".

If the movie does come true, I bet Mad would have a field day with that.