Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weird-ass dreams ...  (Read 6512 times)

geno57

Weird-ass dreams ...
« on: October 28, 2004, 10:04:05 AM »
Yup, I had this very odd dream between 6 and 7 this morning:

I was in the audience at MG7x. Gene and the contestant were into the SuperMatch. The slip revealed the fill-in question. I can't remember what it was. But the player chose his celebs, one of whom was "...from Hello Larry, McLean Stevenson", as Johnny O intoned.

When it was time to reveal the $100 response, the panel slid partially open, but then the board had a small explosion and a smoky meltdown. Gene and the stars were in hysterics.

I left my seat and ran around to the back of the SuperMatch set. The entire thing was this huge iron machine. I witnessed several stagehands, frantically shoveling more coal into the flames! Others were manually pulling the huge, heavy question/answer unit out of its place, and attempting to roll another one into position. These things must have weighed three tons each.

Gene and the celebs made humorous small-talk to kill time, as if this was not the first time all this had occurred.

Then, I woke up ... scratching my head ...

ITSBRY

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 12:23:40 PM »
Game show dreams might be a fun thread.

I have only had one...years ago.  I was a celeb player on the $25,000 Pyramid (CBS version).  I remember the dream clearly and it's one of only two dreams that I've had in my life where I recall it being in VIVID color.

I can remember thinking ' this is so cool!, I'm on Pyramid'.  Strangely though, the contestant podiums had Blackout buttons and game play somehow involved them.  I sucked big time!  I was so confused by the blackout buttons!

Strange...

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 03:11:21 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 11:23 AM\']Game show dreams might be a fun thread.
[snapback]62265[/snapback]
[/quote]
I've had several game show related dreams....

One was my best friend (at the time) appeared on "Wheel of Fortune". He made it to the bonus round, but blew the puzzle. Idiot.
Another was I made it to the bonus on Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego....but I got stuck with friggin Asia as my map, and only got 4.
Then I had a dream that "The Price is Right" used bumpers after the 4th Pricing Game...with an inane quote attached to it.
And to finish things off--I've had several dreams about Remote Control.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 03:17:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 12:11 PM\']And to finish things off--I've had several dreams about Remote Control.
[snapback]62279[/snapback]
[/quote]
On a slightly related note, I've had dreams about Kari Wurher.... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 03:26:12 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 12:23 PM\']I have only had one...years ago.  I was a celeb player on the $25,000 Pyramid (CBS version).  I remember the dream clearly and it's one of only two dreams that I've had in my life where I recall it being in VIVID color.
[/quote]

I once read somewhere that people don't dream in color. I, too, can disprove this theory as I had a dream I was on WoF.  It was a show that took place outside, except the wheel was not a perfect circle - it was actually a little weird on the one side. I remember the wheel being in living color though.

Particleman

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 03:32:31 PM »
Oh gosh, back when I was working with the Family Feud software I wouldn't stop working on it until late at night.  Right afterwards I would go directly to bed and fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.  I think about almost every night I would see that darn answer board in my dreams.

Dreaming about game shows is fine as long as you wake up dry.  :)

sshuffield70

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 04:18:09 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 02:26 PM\'][quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 12:23 PM\']I have only had one...years ago.  I was a celeb player on the $25,000 Pyramid (CBS version).  I remember the dream clearly and it's one of only two dreams that I've had in my life where I recall it being in VIVID color.
[/quote]

I once read somewhere that people don't dream in color. I, too, can disprove this theory as I had a dream I was on WoF.  It was a show that took place outside, except the wheel was not a perfect circle - it was actually a little weird on the one side. I remember the wheel being in living color though.
[snapback]62283[/snapback]
[/quote]

I also dream in color.  Unfortunately, that's not the only thing I dream in. :) :) ;) ;)

mystery7

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 04:36:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 03:32 PM\']Dreaming about game shows is fine as long as you wake up dry.  :)
[snapback]62284[/snapback]
[/quote]
Dude, who's IN your game show dreams?!

My Pyramid and Price dreams are always in color. But they're also in a parallel universe where nothing makes sense.

Steve Gavazzi

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 05:24:03 PM »
You guys are lucky.  I have game show dreams occasionally (usually about Price), but they're never anything coherent.  The most vivid one I've had involved watching someone play some pricing game called "Travelers" that doesn't exist and whose board looked remarkably like Cliff Hangers.

I've also had one with...stuff spread out all over the stage in what I think was some bizarre setup for Take Two.  I swear it had more than one board for the game, and I think Janice was standing in front of one of them.

...like I said, nothing that makes any sense.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 06:22:43 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 02:26 PM\']that people don't dream in color. I, too, can disprove this theory as I had a dream I was on WoF.  It was a show that took place outside, except the wheel was not a perfect circle - it was actually a little weird on the one side. I remember the wheel being in living color though.
[/quote]
Was this before of after they had 1.4 million colors of light?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 06:29:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 06:22 PM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 02:26 PM\']that people don't dream in color. I, too, can disprove this theory as I had a dream I was on WoF.  It was a show that took place outside, except the wheel was not a perfect circle - it was actually a little weird on the one side. I remember the wheel being in living color though.
[/quote]
Was this before of after they had 1.4 million colors of light?
[snapback]62313[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well before. I think it was lucky if it had 1.4 single colors of light. ;)

urbanpreppie05

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 09:43:25 PM »
Ok...here are some of the ones I've had..

The Price is Right

The 30th year premieres with a new host, an new theme, updated set and new game: pricing Stairs. 5 3-digit prizes are shown. The center floor opens up, and there is are 5 stairs with prices on them. One of the models is then pushed down the stairs, and whatever she lands on the contestant must match that price with the right prize.

The Price is Right $1,000,000 spectacular for old people-Only old people in the audience, making fun of us "young folks". It was a, well, BAD show.

The New Price is Right- Think the 94' version with bonuses of $100 for coming on down, hosted by a black supermodel, the main theme was "more bounce to the ounce", and the only PG I remember was "Can you pull this bar apart?"

Family feud

The new set is lower, with a screen that comes down to show the answers, and the set is littred with..artwork. The area behind Richard Dawson is a statue of the thinker, and each family has a famous scenery painting behind it...

Another open I dreamed showed the 94 set, all dark with spotlights, and the camera showed the family's name light up, and then it zoomed to a side view of the doors, where the family was posed in a bedroom or living room....

Weird huh?
insert signature here

Craig Karlberg

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 05:14:14 AM »
I often have game show dreams too.  My favoritte one was where I was a contestant on Regis' WWTBAM?.  In that one, I answered the $125K question right, then I woke up & went back to sleep & it picked right up to where I left off at $250K, then got that one right too.  Woke up again & went back to sleep, you guessed it, I was going for a half-million dollars.  But the dream got messed up when it transitioned into something else.  I tried but couldn't get the $1M question part of my dream.  Man, game show dreams can cause some wild reactions.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 05:54:20 PM »
I dreamt that one time the Password Puzzle board broke down during a taping and Allen Ludden started screaming at the producer about not being able to decide what to do.

No wait, that really happened.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 05:55:50 PM by chris319 »

Jimmy Owen

Weird-ass dreams ...
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 07:41:13 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Oct 29 2004, 04:54 PM\']I dreamt that one time the Password Puzzle board broke down during a taping and Allen Ludden started screaming at the producer about not being able to decide what to do.

No wait, that really happened.
[snapback]62394[/snapback]
[/quote]
Someday you've got to write a book.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.