Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You're dead meat, Jennings!  (Read 2246 times)

uncamark

You're dead meat, Jennings!
« on: October 04, 2004, 06:15:48 PM »
Aaron Barnhart posits a spoiler-free theory on his TV Barn web site that today's "J!"--the first show of Ken Jennings' reign to be taped *after* his run on the show began--will find things a little different for Ken (but not that different for at least another month, if recent rumors can be believed).

FWIW.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 09:17:09 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 4 2004, 05:15 PM\']
Aaron Barnhart posits a spoiler-free theory on his TV Barn web site that today's "J!"--the first show of Ken Jennings' reign to be taped *after* his run on the show began--will find things a little different for Ken (but not that different for at least another month, if recent rumors can be believed).

FWIW.

Well, Aaron was right that Ken came about as close to losing on Monday's show as he has in the past.

starcade

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 02:39:07 PM »
About as close as he came, yes...

This was something which interested me -- this was the first show of "new" tapings, and, though a lot of people might've been freaked out that he was still champ, the real question would be how he would get the timing back down after a couple or three months off.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 03:09:27 PM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Oct 5 2004, 02:39 PM\']About as close as he came, yes...

This was something which interested me -- this was the first show of "new" tapings, and, though a lot of people might've been freaked out that he was still champ, the real question would be how he would get the timing back down after a couple or three months off.
[snapback]59623[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ken still had the enormous advantage of having PLAYED fortysomething previous games, regardless of how long ago it was, whereas his two opponents were playing their first.  I'm sorry, a lot of people bring this up as if it was a disadvantage to poor Ken, though I know Ken would never use it as an excuse.  Whatever rustiness Ken might have felt does not begin to equal the advantage of his experience.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.