Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Real Me...  (Read 5597 times)

gsfan85

The Real Me...
« on: July 22, 2003, 01:02:08 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I know I really haven't posted here, but it looks like it's getting to become a great group.  Now, I know most of you guys no that my past is not the best.  However, many of you also know that I'm a totally new guy.  I've put everything in the past behind me.  All the trades I had trouble with, I have fixed.  

However, just a few weeks ago I attempted to make a trade request post on the game show trading post on tv-gameshows.com.  For some reason, Mike banned me from using the trading post.  Apparantly, he hadn't heard that I'm a totally different person now.  

I'm not saying that all my trades always go smoothly now.  I recently had a trader who I had to bail out on.  We had a disagreement, but I did my best to settle that one.  Knowing that other people I have had problems with in the past had heard about this, people automatically went to thinking \"He's Scamming Again!\".  Well, I didn't scam anyone.  This trader got episodes from me, and I got the same back.  However, it was a continuous trade that I had to halt.

I have had successful trades with Chuck Donegan, Andrew Kudey, Anton Spivack, Brian Hilley and many more since my old days.  I'm a different man now.  I'm almost positive I owe nobody tapes, but once again, if I do, feel free to e-mail me.  

I'm not here to turn this place into ATGS.  I'm here because it's a place full of useful information, and I place where I can hopefully help people out.  

All I'm asking for is a chance.  Don't automatically think of me as some bad guy.  I was wrong back then, I'm a totally different person now.  

I will be posting information in the monthes to come that will hopefully help me out.  I also have a trade request that I will be posting.  I just want everyone to know that I'm only here to be a good person.  If you have any doubts about me, I can prove myself to you.  

Any Questions, You CAN E-mail Me Either At:
AMWBEATLE@aol.com
gsfan85@yahoo.com
AOL Screen Name-AMWBEATLE

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Real Me...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 01:10:05 AM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 10:02 PM\'] <blah blah tape trading blah blah>

I also have a trade request that I will be posting. [/quote]
 All I'm gonna say is that I strongly suggest that you read the Eligibility Requirements for this board before doing that, and it might not be a bad idea to run it past Matt or Chris, first.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

The Real Me...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 01:12:23 AM »
Adam,

Without going into specifics, it is not generally considered acceptable to tell one person you're too busy to finish a trade because you have to get ready for college, while at the same time telling others you have time to trade.

- David
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 01:16:33 AM by dzinkin »

tvrandywest

The Real Me...
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 02:22:50 AM »
Dear Chris and Matt,

You've done such a wonderful job of bringing together a community of articulate, respectful, interesting and interested people. Thank you. I hope you will continue to protect the integrity of your creation. I'd lose an enjoyable part of each day if I were to be confronted with news of who pooped their pants and what game shows Celia Cruz hosted.

Appreciatively,

Randy
tvrandywest.com

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
The Real Me...
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 05:57:11 AM »
Tape trading between private parties is not an appropriate topic of discussion on this board, period, end of subject.

gsfan85

The Real Me...
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 11:47:47 AM »
Hi everyone,

Not sure who I told I was too busy to trade, if you can give me a name (in e-mail because it is not appropriate for the group), that would be fine.  I remember telling a few people that I can't trade right now, but a few weeks later, I became less busy.  If anyone remembers going to college, you have to buy a lot of things.  I was constantly out at stores.  I seem to have gotten what I need.  I'm free for any trades until August 29th, the day I leave for school.

dzinkin

The Real Me...
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 12:05:06 PM »
Not sure who I told I was too busy to trade, if you can give me a name (in e-mail because it is not appropriate for the group), that would be fine.

Sent.  Now, Chris or Matt -- could you please close off, or preferably, delete this thread?  Discussions of trades between private individuals may not be appropriate for this forum (eligibility requirement #3), but neither is the false and misleading information which began this thread (requirement #7); both are technically inappropriate, and as such I'd be happy to take this discussion to private email with Adam.

- David

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
The Real Me...
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 12:15:52 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 08:47 AM\']Hi everyone,

Not sure who I told I was too busy to trade, if you can give me a name (in e-mail because it is not appropriate for the group), that would be fine.  I remember telling a few people that I can't trade right now, but a few weeks later, I became less busy.  If anyone remembers going to college, you have to buy a lot of things.  I was constantly out at stores.  I seem to have gotten what I need.  I'm free for any trades until August 29th, the day I leave for school.[/quote]
Did you not read the message I posted?

PeterMarshallFan

The Real Me...
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 12:16:45 PM »
False info? I didn't pick up on any unless he's lying about reforming.

dzinkin

The Real Me...
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 12:18:44 PM »
False info? I didn't pick up on any unless he's lying about reforming.

Email sent.

BrandonFG

The Real Me...
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 12:26:52 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 11:16 AM\'] False info? I didn't pick up on any unless he's lying about reforming. [/quote]
 Chris C. is referring to the fact that trades aren't to be conducted here.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

dzinkin

The Real Me...
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 12:33:17 PM »

I think PeterMarshallFan was referring to my comment about false and misleading info, not to Chris's admonition.

- David

PeterMarshallFan

The Real Me...
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2003, 01:00:09 PM »
I am thoroughly confused now.

And yes, I was responding to Dave.

BrandonFG

The Real Me...
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2003, 01:04:42 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 11:33 AM\']

I think PeterMarshallFan was referring to my comment about false and misleading info, not to Chris's admonition.

- David [/quote]
 My bad...I'll be in the Friend or Foe room. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Card Shark

The Real Me...
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2003, 01:26:47 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 11:47 AM\'] Hi everyone,

Not sure who I told I was too busy to trade, if you can give me a name (in e-mail because it is not appropriate for the group), that would be fine.  I remember telling a few people that I can't trade right now, but a few weeks later, I became less busy.  If anyone remembers going to college, you have to buy a lot of things.  I was constantly out at stores.  I seem to have gotten what I need.  I'm free for any trades until August 29th, the day I leave for school. [/quote]
 It's always interesting to see who gets membership on this board. As others have mentioned, you're not supposed to post trade info on this board system. I had completely forgotten about you and what happened on ATGS until I read your post. Post game show information here. But, keep in mind that Chris and Matt can and will ban you from this system if you pull the same antics.
Adam Strom