Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Premiere of ESPN Trivial Pursuit 9/27/04  (Read 7371 times)

Jimmy Owen

Premiere of ESPN Trivial Pursuit 9/27/04
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2005, 12:34:06 PM »
I wonder if John has considered giving "Rubik's" a whirl on the i network?  He'd need to round up some sponsors or run per-inquiry ads to pay i, but there is the chance to make it happen.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

jrjgames

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2005, 01:40:42 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 13 2005, 05:38 AM\'][quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 13 2005, 12:12 AM\']This won't happen with Rubik's, I alone retain those rights and we're getting some great interest in it!!!
[/quote]
Yeah, "great interest" doesn't mean jack unless a check comes after it.

Good luck with that.
[snapback]94074[/snapback]
[/quote]

Youre just an asshole...if you guys have any idea on what it takes to sell something instead of sitting there commenting on other people you'd know it's not easy to get a show launched...and as usual you guys talk out of your asses...Rubik's was a craze 20 years ago but it's still hotter than ever...I have all the sales data and reports that the toy sales all over the world is up in some places more than 300% so don't talk about what you dont know!!

And thanks clemon79 you just remined me why I don't post on here anymore...because of ignorant people like yourself.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 01:42:16 PM by jrjgames »

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2005, 02:10:14 PM »
John while I do commend your efforts, I think on behalf of the more intellectually sound posters on this board (and it's not hard to consider myself one of them compared to some other folks around here with bowling buddies and alteregos and such), you have to admit it's an uphill battle and a half.  Yeah, it may well be a craze.  But, the argument can be made with Trivial Pursuit in the early '90s.  It was very popular then (though not in its ultimate hey dey of its release), and hence Family Channel/Wink Martindale/et al tried to turn it into a game show format and it was about as effective as an anorexic kid in the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest.  And, if I were to place a bet, the same may well hold true in at least this country with Rubik's Cube.  I hope I'm wrong for your sake.  After all, you've been trying for...what...well over a decade to get something sold.  You've procured partnerships with those in the biz...always good.  You've had pilots done...good.  But, the toughest thing as you well know is to get a shark to bite, and the guppies ain't biting.  I wish you well, but just have other offerings on your plate, my honorable friend.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2005, 02:24:54 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 14 2005, 01:40 PM\']Rubik's was a craze 20 years ago but it's still hotter than ever...

I have all the sales data and reports that the toy sales all over the world is up in some places more than 300% so don't talk about what you dont know!!
[/quote]
In what markets is the Rubik's Cube "hotter than ever"?  Bulgaria?  Azerbaijan?  Uruguay?  Certainly not in the United States.  I haven't seen a Rubik's Cube in at least a decade, and I used to work in a toy store.

I wish you all the luck with this endeavor but my calendar says 2005, not 1982.

And thanks clemon79 you just remined me why I don't post on here anymore...because of ignorant people like yourself.
Develop a thicker skin.

jrjgames

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2005, 02:57:57 PM »
You guys are just clueless...you think up an original idea, you get an agent, you go into a pitch meeting and you try to sell something THEN come to me!

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2005, 03:21:33 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 14 2005, 01:57 PM\']You guys are just clueless...you think up an original idea, you get an agent, you go into a pitch meeting and you try to sell something THEN come to me!
[snapback]94160[/snapback]
[/quote]
Why are you so defensive?  Why do you care so much to say "you guys are so mean to me... I don't want to play anymore?"  I don't think anything that Foxsportsfan (I'm sorry I forgot your name) deserved an f-you from you.  Just do your thing and prove everyone wrong.  But you can save that f-you mentality.

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2005, 04:43:14 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 14 2005, 11:57 AM\']You guys are just clueless...you think up an original idea, you get an agent, you go into a pitch meeting and you try to sell something THEN come to me!
[/quote]

"Waah! My ego didn't get stroked! You're all clueless! Formats based on toys that people haven't seen for two decades are the FUTURE!"

Yeah. THIS attitude will sell some games.

You ARE aware that some of your would-be "clients" read this, right?

Give my best to Chartier. I'm sure they'll fawn over you all you like over there.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 04:45:08 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2005, 01:26:59 AM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 14 2005\'](profanity and name-calling snipped, which wiped out the entire post)
[snapback]94160[/snapback]
[/quote]
Bill Rogers, who is Revlon's next guest?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2005, 03:09:47 AM »
Chris is the ignorant one?
Rubik's was a craze 20 years ago but it's still hotter than ever...I have all the sales data and reports that the toy sales all over the world is up in some places more than 300% so don't talk about what you dont know!!
Since sales data isn't typically confedential information, care to share some with us?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 07:05:50 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

melman1

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2005, 02:18:51 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 14 2005, 11:10 AM\']I think on behalf of the more intellectually sound posters on this board (and it's not hard to consider myself one of them[/quote]Oooh, please don't be doing that.  I mean, no matter which side of this argument that you're on (and to be honest I don't even give a rat's ass what the argument is), please please please don't pretend to speak for anyone but yourself.  Ever.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 02:45:12 AM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 01:18 AM\'][quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 14 2005, 11:10 AM\']I think on behalf of the more intellectually sound posters on this board (and it's not hard to consider myself one of them[/quote]Oooh, please don't be doing that.  I mean, no matter which side of this argument that you're on (and to be honest I don't even give a rat's ass what the argument is), please please please don't pretend to speak for anyone but yourself.  Ever.
[snapback]94289[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think I can speak for everyone when I say THAT'S something on which we can ALL agree.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.