Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Frontgame success/bonus game advantages....  (Read 5382 times)

Craig Karlberg

Frontgame success/bonus game advantages....
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 05:04:01 AM »
In the Eubanks version of Card Sharks when it involved a car, a player automatically recieved a joker to use in the car round.  During the Noney Cards round, 2 more jokers were hidden in the deck, meaning a player can have as many as 3 shots(out of the 7 cards) to win the car.  The more jokers earned, the better the chances.

adamjk

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 08:40:11 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 16 2004, 11:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 16 2004, 07:15 PM\'] On H2 during it's 5th season, in the bonus round, each time a contestant got back to it, without winning it, they would get a bad key removed for each time they had not won it previously. I believe the Davidson Hollywood Squares did pretty much the same thing with their bonus round, but am not sure. Can someone clarify?

Also, Spilt Second (original) did something similar with their bonus game I believe, taking away a wrong car each time a contestant did not win. [/quote]

Which doesn't have anything to do with the question at hand.  Winning a game of H2 two games to one didn't give you a better shot at the prize du jour, which is the theme here.

[/quote]
 If you were a returning champ on said shows, then you it would.

tvwxman

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 09:07:23 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 07:40 AM\'] [quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 16 2004, 11:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 16 2004, 07:15 PM\'] On H2 during it's 5th season, in the bonus round, each time a contestant got back to it, without winning it, they would get a bad key removed for each time they had not won it previously. I believe the Davidson Hollywood Squares did pretty much the same thing with their bonus round, but am not sure. Can someone clarify?

Also, Spilt Second (original) did something similar with their bonus game I believe, taking away a wrong car each time a contestant did not win. [/quote]

Which doesn't have anything to do with the question at hand.  Winning a game of H2 two games to one didn't give you a better shot at the prize du jour, which is the theme here.

[/quote]
If you were a returning champ on said shows, then you it would. [/quote]
 Adam, go back and read the first post.....We'll wait.

(Waiting for Adam to read)

The original post asked for benefits in the bonus game that came to players for doing well in the front game. Your post, while correct in recognizing the format of H2 and Just Men, is INCORRECT in answering the original question.

You just can't handle rejection well, can you?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

adamjk

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 09:16:55 AM »
I'm okay with rejection. I just thought I was right about what I was saying in terms of the initial question. By what you guys are saying, the person who mentioned Classic Concentration is wrong too then. Yet you guys didn't even mention that.

Don Howard

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 09:31:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 04:04 AM\'] In the Eubanks version of Card Sharks when it involved a car, a player automatically recieved a joker to use in the car round.  During the Money Cards round, 2 more jokers were hidden in the deck, meaning a player can have as many as 3 shots(out of the 7 cards) to win the car.  The more jokers earned, the better the chances. [/quote]
 The Money Cards round was the bonus round, not the main game round.
And that's my 1000th post.

dzinkin

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 09:33:25 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 09:16 AM\'] I'm okay with rejection. I just thought I was right about what I was saying in terms of the initial question. By what you guys are saying, the person who mentioned Classic Concentration is wrong too then. Yet you guys didn't even mention that. [/quote]
No, the person who mentioned Classic Concentration was not wrong.  As you would have known had you bothered to read Chris's post, one of the prizes on the CC front game board in later episodes was five extra seconds for the bonus round.  Therefore, CC does fit into the category of shows in which doing well in the front game gives you an advantage in the bonus round.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 09:34:02 AM by dzinkin »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2004, 11:15:46 AM »
Well, if you do well in the front round of K!, I mean J!, you have more money to wager in the final round.  I never saw "Every Second Counts," but wasn't the whole premise to earn seconds to use in the bonus round?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 11:34:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 10:15 AM\'] I never saw "Every Second Counts," but wasn't the whole premise to earn seconds to use in the bonus round? [/quote]
 The team who earned the most points played the bonus game, and those points were converted to seconds, so yes.

National Lampoon's Funny MOney also subscribed to the points in the maingame=seconds in the bonus round theory.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 02:09:21 PM »
Are we forgetting Rayburn's Break the Bank?

If so, good for us! :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 02:09:37 PM by gameshowsteve »

adamjk

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 04:41:19 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 08:33 AM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 09:16 AM\'] I'm okay with rejection. I just thought I was right about what I was saying in terms of the initial question. By what you guys are saying, the person who mentioned Classic Concentration is wrong too then. Yet you guys didn't even mention that. [/quote]
No, the person who mentioned Classic Concentration was not wrong.  As you would have known had you bothered to read Chris's post, one of the prizes on the CC front game board in later episodes was five extra seconds for the bonus round.  Therefore, CC does fit into the category of shows in which doing well in the front game gives you an advantage in the bonus round. [/quote]
I did read that, but that wasn't there from the start. Most of the others were I think, sans the GSN version of Lingo.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 04:42:08 PM by adamjk »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 04:57:14 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 03:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 08:33 AM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 09:16 AM\'] I'm okay with rejection. I just thought I was right about what I was saying in terms of the initial question. By what you guys are saying, the person who mentioned Classic Concentration is wrong too then. Yet you guys didn't even mention that. [/quote]
No, the person who mentioned Classic Concentration was not wrong.  As you would have known had you bothered to read Chris's post, one of the prizes on the CC front game board in later episodes was five extra seconds for the bonus round.  Therefore, CC does fit into the category of shows in which doing well in the front game gives you an advantage in the bonus round. [/quote]
I did read that, but that wasn't there from the start. Most of the others were I think, sans the GSN version of Lingo. [/quote]
 Wrong. Take some responsibility for not reading the posts instead of some lame excuse.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

adamjk

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 05:03:04 PM »
But I did really read that. Seriously.

Frank15

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2004, 05:17:36 PM »
I'm almost afraid to stick up for Adam here, sticking my own neck out here, but I fear I must.  Dare I say that I do not see how Adam is wrong here.  I think it's all how you interpret the original question.

If a contestant wins the frontgame twice, and the bonus round is made easier the second time around, specifically due to the frontgame being won a second time, then isn't that directly related to how well the frontgame is played?  Namely, that playing the frontgame well enough to win it a second time makes the bonus round easier?

It may be a borderline call, but seriously:  how well the frontgame is played is a factor, namely, in the sense that the more times the frontgame is won, the easier bonus land gets.

dzinkin

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 07:57:43 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 05:03 PM\'] But I did really read that. Seriously. [/quote]
 Adam, do you remember when you insisted that Stacey's function was to make Lingo run faster, even when it was clear that it wasn't?

Do you remember when you insisted that you weren't obsessed with Family Feud, even when it was clear that you were?

Do you remember when you insisted that you had a legitimate reason to believe that Ray Combs was bipolar, or that Pat Sajak called a female contestant a b**ch, even when it was clear that you didn't?

No one expects you to be right 100% of the time; heck, we don't expect anyone to be right 100% of the time, because no one is perfect.  Admitting when you're wrong isn't fatal; refusing to admit it -- again -- just makes you look foolish.

adamjk

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 08:02:43 PM »
I do remember all those things, but I insist that this time, I really did read that 5 seconds square thing mentioned in Chris's post. I swear to God I did.  Nothing you guys tell me, is gonna make me say different. You may believe what you want, but regardless of what you guys think, I DID read the post.