Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Adlink: Name's the Same on BW&O 9/27-10/1  (Read 3773 times)

CaseyAbell

Adlink: Name's the Same on BW&O 9/27-10/1
« on: August 25, 2004, 11:17:18 AM »
Looks like GSN continues to rotate some "new" shows into B&WO. Adlink shows five eps of Name's the Same the week of 9/27. Don't know if this is a one-week shot or a longer run. Plenty of eps exist for a long run if GSN wants it:

http://adlink.com/resource_center/programm...04&endtime=1770

Kinda liked the show when I saw a few episodes on GSN a couple years back, though the same-name gimmick ran thin after a while.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 08:13:48 AM by CaseyAbell »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 11:52:18 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 08:17 AM\'] Kinda liked the show when I saw a few episodes on GSN a couple years back, though the same-name gimmick ran thin after a while. [/quote]
Especially when they started going to the well to get anyone whose first name started with A and whose last name was a noun onto the show:

"Her name is Adelaide Terrier. So what?"

"Don't you get it? A. Terrier! A terrier! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Oh. Um. Hahaha."

Far and away the schmaltziest moment on that show was the "secret wish" that one of the cast members of the broadway musical "Fanny" had, to give away a free ticket to the show to anyone named Fanny. And lo and behold, a number of women line up from the audience, and the dude whips a fistful of tickets out of his coat and starts distrubiting them with great aplomb. The Parmesiano-Reggiano consortium doesn't make cheese like that.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 11:52:27 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

michaellinn

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 03:15:46 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 10:17 AM\']Looks like GSN continues to rotate some "new" shows into BW&O. Adlink shows five eps of Name's the Same the week of 9/27. Don't know if this is a one-week shot or a longer run. Plenty of eps exist for a long run if GSN wants it:

http://adlink.com/resource_center/programm...04&endtime=1770

Kinda liked the show when I saw a few episodes on GSN a couple years back, though the same-name gimmick ran thin after a while.[/quote]
Casey, do you know what time B&W Overnight comes on in Central time (which is my time zone)? This Adlink schedule looks like the times may be posted in Pacific. If so, how many hours do I need to add for Central? I think I will start recording these shows. Thanks.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 03:48:47 PM »
2-3 ZM Central (Moves to that slot the week before)

What...They don't teach time zone conversions in school anymore?

Winkfan

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 07:39:19 PM »
From the desk of Professor Steve:

"The 1950s era Goodson-Todman game The Name's the Same rejoins the Black and White Overnight lineup on GSN beginning Sept. 27. One of the livelier of the classic panel games, TNTS featured five different emcees and showcased radio actress Joan Alexander, who was Lois Lane to Bud Collyer's Clark Kent on Superman. Robert Q. Lewis launched the series and was later replaced by Clifton Fadiman, Bob Elliott and Ray Goulding and Dennis James as emcee."

Actually, the host succession was the other way around.

"The Name's the Same goes into the 3 a.m. (EDT) slot Tuesday-through-Saturday. Sunday and Monday mornings, Beat the Clock retains the time slot."

That's the 'good' news, however:

"After a short break for Play Your Hunch repeats, What's My Line? returns to the 3:30 a.m. half-hour. The opening show will be the series' debut broadcast from Feb. 2, 1950, with only Dorothy Kilgallen among the original panelists. The second broadcast features the debut of game show legend Arlene Francis on the panel."

I thought for sure they were gonna retire WML from B&WO. But it looks like they don't want to repeat that 'mistake' from two years ago.

It looks like the 'been there, done that blues' strikes me again!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Ann Elder of the Big Board!'

P.S. At least I can't wait to see Geno get his game show feet wet!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 08:07:24 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)