Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN September Schedule (Adlink link)  (Read 8231 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
GSN September Schedule (Adlink link)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 12:29:03 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 09:27 AM\'] One last thing to add to speculation (or not)....

The Adlink schedule has, from 5:30-8:30 AM (EST) on Sundays, "TBA". Another classics block? [/quote]
 Not necessarily.  If you look at TitanTV's grids, sometimes it'll say "Programming Unavailable" for a few hours (which eventually gets filled in).  I would speculate that when all is said and done that it's most likely a continuation of paid programming for those hours.

Doug -- and the countdown to 600 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 12:33:13 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 12:29 PM\'] [quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 09:27 AM\'] One last thing to add to speculation (or not)....

The Adlink schedule has, from 5:30-8:30 AM (EST) on Sundays, "TBA". Another classics block? [/quote]
Not necessarily.  If you look at TitanTV's grids, sometimes it'll say "Programming Unavailable" for a few hours (which eventually gets filled in).  I would speculate that when all is said and done that it's most likely a continuation of paid programming for those hours.

Doug -- and the countdown to 600 continues [/quote]
 I would imagine that you're probably right, but it's nice to dream....:)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2004, 12:52:46 PM »
I would speculate that when all is said and done that it's most likely a continuation of paid programming for those hours.

Ever since Cronin took over have they ever had slots where they rotate a lot of "vault programming?"  I doubt they'd do an about face now....unfortunatly.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2004, 03:57:05 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 11:19 AM\'] By the way, BW&O for the week of 9/20/04 lists a showing of Number Please! [/quote]
 Yet another reason for me to look forward to that week...

bellbm

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2004, 04:52:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 01:05 AM\'] All New 3's a Crowd, effective with this September schedule, will air more weekly than any show on the network besides Match Game and Street Smarts.

I just don't understand what on Earth could be gained from airing an original that produced it's last first run episodes four years ago and that got kicked off the network TWO years ago... [/quote]
 They probably don't have to pay anything to air this show, since they produced it, so its the next best thing to paid programming.

uncamark

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004, 05:05:14 PM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 03:52 PM\'][quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 01:05 AM\'] All New 3's a Crowd, effective with this September schedule, will air more weekly than any show on the network besides Match Game and Street Smarts.

I just don't understand what on Earth could be gained from airing an original that produced it's last first run episodes four years ago and that got kicked off the network TWO years ago... [/quote]
They probably don't have to pay anything to air this show, since they produced it, so its the next best thing to paid programming.[/quote]
Bingo!  After paying out a nickel an ep residuals to Thicke and Randy, it's all profit.

Not to mention that there are 130 episodes, so they can play it out for 26 weeks before repeating in the time slot.  Probably the one thing that keeps us from seeing reruns of "Throut and Neck" and "Burt Luddin."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2004, 07:18:17 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 02:05 PM\'] Probably the one thing that keeps us from seeing reruns of "Throut and Neck" and "Burt Luddin." [/quote]
 If she knows what's good for her career, Rebecca Grant might be the other thing keeping us from seeing repeats of "Throut and Neck". :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Michael Brandenburg

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2004, 12:56:32 PM »
My two cents…

If any of those Match Game episodes they are going to have on the new schedule are going to be the ones that Ross Schafer hosted on the ABC-TV network during 1990, these will be totally "new to me" episodes because "MG90" as we call it never aired in the Cincinnati area.  (WKRC-TV, the ABC affiliate in Cincinnati at that time, knocked it off for their daily midday newscasts.)

As for Weakest Link, thanks to GSN, it is great to be seeing the Anne Robinson/U.S.-produced episodes the way they were meant to be seen -- in their full 60-minute length!  (You may recall that toward the end of WL's original run on NBC, that network would slot the show right after their late Sunday afternoon NBA basketball game telecasts, but the games would invaribly run past WL's 8 P.M. Eastern starting time, with the result that the program for that week would get a zero audience rating for its first 20-25 minutes while NBC was carrying the last part of the basketball game.)

I'm sure it's now doing considerably better on GSN in that regard!

Michael Brandenburg
(But if GSN then makes the mistake later on of slotting Weakest Link after some sports-related program of theirs like Extreme Dodgeball…)

aaron sica

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2004, 01:04:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Michael Brandenburg\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 12:56 PM\'] If any of those Match Game episodes they are going to have on the new schedule are going to be the ones that Ross Schafer hosted on the ABC-TV network during 1990, these will be totally "new to me" episodes because "MG90" as we call it never aired in the Cincinnati area.  (WKRC-TV, the ABC affiliate in Cincinnati at that time, knocked it off for their daily midday newscasts.)
 [/quote]
That's one reason I like the 1990 episodes as well, as they are "new to me".

WNEP-16 in Scranton aired noon news, so no MG.
WPVI-6 in Philly aired noon news, so no MG.
WTXF-29 aired the previous ABC noon occupant ("Perfect Strangers" reruns) on a one-day delay at 10am, I thought they would have aired MG-  but no go. "What's Happening!" reruns took the 10am slot.

WHTM-27 in Harrisburg did air it until September, when they bumped it to air "Trump Card", and when TC flopped, replaced it with reruns of "People's Court" until June, when they aired the last 3 or 4 weeks of MG.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 01:05:06 PM by aaron sica »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2004, 12:26:22 PM »
The ABC affiliates in Western New York State didn't air the '90s "Match Game" either, so they were "new to me" when GSN first went on the air in 1994.  I've seen most of them several times since then, but it's still refreshing to see this version.  I thought it was a decent remake....unlike the '98 version!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 12:27:07 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!