Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Revivals  (Read 2244 times)

gsnstooge

Revivals
« on: July 30, 2004, 06:03:54 PM »
I would like some ideas on these following shows revived with these options:
Have at least 3 choices for host/announcer/model because Phil Donahue and Keith Olbermann turned down hosting Greed, now here are the shows:

Win, Lose, or Draw (with 2 celebs and one civie of each sex)
Cross-wits (with 2 celebs and one civie of each team)
Bumper Stumpers
Trivia Trap
and Super Pay Cards with the audience game (I will come up with more choices later eventually but to prevent from opening a can of worms just this much for now)
P. S. No Mo' Money Syndrome.

HairMetalLives

Revivals
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 06:50:30 PM »
I'd like to see a "Password +/Super Password" revival. But instead of a celeb and a civvie on each team, I'd have two civvies on each team. My first two choices for host would be Marc Summers & Bob Goen; I think they would do an equally good job. My third host would be Alex Trebeck. And if those three didn't want to do it, I'd give myself a chance! ;) Charlie O'Donnel would be my first choice for announcer. He would be great at saying "The password is..." in that bodatoius low voice of his, I think. My other choices would be Randy West & Art Sanders (who auditioned for "The Price is Right" this past season).

I've always thought Animal Planet should give "That's My Dog!" another shot ever since we started getting the channel. What do you guys think? I thought Wil Shriner did a fine job as host, so he would be my first choice. It's hard to think of a good host for this show, because to be so, you have to be a dog lover and I don't know who is. I know Bob Barker is, but is he really a logical choice? Again, I'd do it, but I'd probably suck! The ONLY other logical choice I could think of is Matt Galante who hosts "The Planet's Funniest Animals" on Animal Planet. Everything he says is scripted, though (I think), so I don't know how well he'd do adlibbing. I'd give him a shot, I think. This is a toughie. Any thoughts? For an announcer, Randy West, Art Sanders, or Burton Richardson. Or myself, again! ;)

EDIT: I originally said that Matt Galante did a bad job on "Planet's Funniest Animals." I then realized that it's the show and the scripts that are stupid, not Matt, so I changed my post.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 07:02:50 PM by HairMetalLives »

Winkfan

Revivals
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 07:14:07 PM »
Here's what should be revived:

Show: GAMBIT
Host: Wayne Cox
Announcer: Johnny Gilbert
Dealer: Yours Truly (Pipe dream, I know! But I think there should be a hostess who looks like the typical 'girl next door-type viewer' and not one of those 'off the fashion show runway-types')

Format: Stick with what made the original show a cult classic. Two married and/or engaged couples playing a 'blackjack' game. Bonus round should also be like the original version. Special 'family' weeks can feature 'parent and child' or 'sibling' teams.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Patti Deutsch of the Big Board!'

P.S. If for some reason the producers don't want me, hire either Caroline Rhea or Marcia Wallace as dealer.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 04:42:34 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Jimmy Owen

Revivals
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 07:17:29 PM »
In today's marketplace, the shows should be larger than life.  Studio bound shows are currently out of vogue.  If you did "Bumper Stumpers," for example, it would have to be played on the LA freeway.  Two guys from ESPN should host all new game shows.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Revivals
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 08:05:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 30 2004, 04:17 PM\'] If you did "Bumper Stumpers," for example, it would have to be played on the LA freeway.  Two guys from ESPN should host all new game shows. [/quote]
 You know, I think there are more than a few of us who wouldn't mind seeing Al Dubois standing out in the middle of the LA freeway. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

Revivals
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 09:24:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jul 30 2004, 06:14 PM\'] Here's what should be revived:

Show: GAMBIT
Host: Wayne Cox
Announcer: Johnny Gilbert
Dealer: Yours Truly [/quote]
 Yes! Absolutely! I can't believe that show and Password have been permitted to gather dust for so long. I'd love Gambit to come back. Wayne would do a great job. He did wonders with el cheapo Talkabout. Imagine how beautifully he'd do on a show with a budget. I'm always happy to hear Johnny as the announcer for anything. And sure, why not, give Tammy her big break as the "card holder" or whatever the official title for that job is.

Fedya

Revivals
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 10:53:49 PM »
How about a revival of Almost Anything Goes, on ABC Saturday nights?  It can't be much more expensive to produce than the current programming, and it can't get much worse ratings -- there would be a lot of promotional tie-in to the local affiliates.  (I know that when that New York horse nearly won the Triple Crown last year, the Albany stations were nearly orgasmic over it, since the horse was stabled in Saratoga.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Winkfan

Revivals
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 09:04:26 PM »
You know, I think there are more than a few of us who wouldn't mind seeing Al Dubois standing out in the middle of the LA freeway. :)
Just for that remark, off to the That's Amore viewing room with ye!

Another thing, I'm saving Al for the next PYL remake! Put Mark DeCarlo in the middle of the freeway instead!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Patti Deutsch of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:36:58 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

TwoInchQuad

Revivals
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 01:45:42 AM »
I don't know if there's any bigger fan of classic "Password" than me, but there's **no way** I want to see them try to revive it today.  Not that anyone would try, mind you... since "big payout" games are the only type that anyone wants to see these days, according to television executives.

(Not to mention the fact that the game doesn't lend itself to a smoky blue set and dramatic lighting, with ridiculous music stings and MTV-style direction to keep the audience's attention.)

-Kevin

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Revivals
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 02:57:11 AM »
I don't know if there's any bigger fan of classic "Password" than me, but there's **no way** I want to see them try to revive it today.

Do you see a pattern emerging from Match Game '98 and Card Sharks '01?

BrandonFG

Revivals
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 03:56:08 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 01:57 AM\'] Do you see a pattern emerging from Match Game '98 and Card Sharks '01? [/quote]
Host: In this round, the point values are DOUBLED!!! (audience cheers at the top of their lungs)
Host: Yeah, baby!...Now, for Ron Jeremy and his partner, you have to predict the outcome of our pre-taped street bit to get control. Determine whether or not our "street team" will get their password in 10 seconds or less.

Announcer: The Password is (whoosh!)Dominatrix!

Following in the tradition of Richard Karn, the host must be a second banana sitcom star who has absolutely no experience as a game show panelist, let alone a host. That means Brad Garrett is out of the question. I nominate Wayne Knight. Fremantle likes gratuitous excitement, and he'd be perfect from all the yelling he did on "Seinfeld." Besides, whenever he walks onto the set:

Wayne: Hello, everybody!
Audience: Hello....New-man!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 03:56:50 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

Revivals
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2004, 08:02:42 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 02:56 PM\']

Following in the tradition of Richard Karn, the host must be a second banana sitcom star who has absolutely no experience as a game show panelist, let alone a host. [/quote]
 Karn has no experience as a game show panelist..... in a game show studio. He was a videotaped guest on Scattergories one week.

sshuffield70

Revivals
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2004, 08:06:58 PM »
As for Wayne Knight, wouldn't that be Who-man, since he looks nothing like Newman now?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Revivals
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2004, 12:35:18 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 07:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 02:56 PM\']

Following in the tradition of Richard Karn, the host must be a second banana sitcom star who has absolutely no experience as a game show panelist, let alone a host. [/quote]
Karn has no experience as a game show panelist..... in a game show studio. He was a videotaped guest on Scattergories one week. [/quote]
 And Zach, only you would know this, and care enough about it to call Brandon being wrong.  Besides, would you consider the kids on "Small Talk" qualified as well, if somehow they ever hosted?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Revivals
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 02:31:16 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 07:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 02:56 PM\']

Karn has no experience as a game show panelist..... in a game show studio. He was a videotaped guest on Scattergories one week. [/quote]
 Well, that just shoots my theory straight to hell, doesn't it, Zach?

BTW, WHOOSH!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!