Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Morning Schedule Change  (Read 16732 times)

Pyramid80

Morning Schedule Change
« on: July 29, 2004, 08:23:45 AM »
I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet.  Steve Beverly mentions some changes to the GSN schedule beginning August 23rd.

No new originals are being added but minor adjustments are being made to GSN's morning and weekend lineups beginning Aug. 23.
     The change which will brighten the eyes of '70s-era fans is the return of the Jim Perry version of Card Sharks from 9 to 9:30 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays starting Aug. 28.
     Star Search reruns move to 9 a.m. (M-F), replacing Let's Make a Deal and the early Family Feud, which both drop off the schedule.
     Todd Newton's Hollywood Showdown, which Sande Stewart produced for Game Show Network and PAX in 2000-01, returns in the 10 a.m. weekday slot, replacing Wheel of Fortune, which remains as a weekend offering.
     Match Game '90 with Ross Shafer goes in at 11 a.m. (M-F), followed by All New 3's a Crowd, a 2000-01 Phil Gurin Company production with Alan Thicke emceeing.
     Extreme Dodgeball, which is not a favorite of traditional fans but is drawing younger viewers, receives added runs at 3 p.m. Sunday and 4 p.m. Friday.
     A second run of Street Smarts goes in at 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and 5 p.m. Sundays, replacing the departing Kenny vs. Spenny.

TVGAMESHOWS.NET

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 08:46:30 AM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 07:23 AM\'] I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet.  Steve Beverly mentions some changes to the GSN schedule beginning August 23rd.
 [/quote]
 Well, that's a mix of interesting changes...to say the least...although I don't think "Star Search" is a good way to launch your day.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

catnap1972

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 09:23:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 07:23 AM\'] I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet.  Steve Beverly mentions some changes to the GSN schedule beginning August 23rd.

All New 3's a Crowd, a 2000-01 Phil Gurin Company production with Alan Thicke emceeing. (11:30)

[/quote]
 Wouldn't surprise me at all for them to dig Dirt Cruddin out of mothballs at some point if they're digging AN3AC up.

whewfan

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 10:18:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 07:23 AM\']

[/quote]

The change which will brighten the eyes of '70s-era fans is the return of the Jim Perry version of Card Sharks from 9 to 9:30 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays starting Aug. 28.

This I can live with

Star Search reruns move to 9 a.m. (M-F), replacing Let's Make a Deal and the early Family Feud, which both drop off the schedule.

Hit me with the .... oh hell, just hit me! Arsenio, go back to 10-10 commercials! (If he hasn't already)

Todd Newton's Hollywood Showdown, which Sande Stewart produced for Game Show Network and PAX in 2000-01, returns in the 10 a.m. weekday slot, replacing Wheel of Fortune,

Nothing against Todd Newton or Hollywood Showdown, but.... WHY?!

Match Game '90 with Ross Shafer goes in at 11 a.m. (M-F), followed by All New 3's a Crowd, a 2000-01 Phil Gurin Company production with Alan Thicke emceeing

Well, it could be worse... could be MG 98. As for 3aC, what exactly is GSN's strategy?! What's the purpose of bringing back GSN originals that stopped production about 4 or 5 years ago, when they've already ran those shows to the ground?!  

Hopefully this will be a very short phase and GSN might bring back game shows that haven't been on the schedule for a while... maybe stuff from the Barry Enright library like TJW and TTD? Basically the best thing to do is to not watch these offerings and GSN will eventually get the message and change it.

Don Howard

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 11:31:57 AM »
Oh, my gosh, a weekend Card Sharks hour from 9-10 Eastern time followed by Blockbusters. Outta sight!!
It's a longshot hope, but could the return of Hollywood Showdown signal the production of new episodes of that program? Still, it's great to have that skein on the sked (that phrase is my daily tribute to Variety magazine).
Adam, this is the stuff you want for your tape collection.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 11:33:00 AM by Don Howard »

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 01:01:26 PM »
Omigod, All New 3's a Crowd is back? Well, it could be worse. Extreme Gong and Love Buffet could awaken from the dead. By far the worst move from my point of view.

Not surprising to see KvS go. When it lost the prime time slot, the clock was ticking. No regrets from me. I thought the two frozen northerners were just boring.

I've heard good things about Hollywood Showdown but never seen the show. I'll try to catch it. Mr. Sajak will be happy that WoF's exposure is cut back.

Dodgeball's added exposure is no surprise after GSN gurgled about its ratings performance in the TCA press release. Hey, Mr. Steve, I like a lot of traditional shows but I like Dodgeball, too! Just wish I was one of those "younger viewers" you're always grousing about. Lordy, the Prof can do a real convincing imitation of a grumpy old man sometimes.

People will complain about LMAD, but this has always been one of my least favorite classics. Pure dumb luck has never been my idea of an engrossing show, no matter how many costumes and zonks they used to disguise the essential randomness of the gameplay. I am not sorry at all to see it go, and I realize this is heresy.

Do not like Card Sharks at all. I've caught untold grief for this, but the much more interesting gameplay on the Blackjack shows makes the higher-lower proceedings look brainless. But at least the Jim Perry fans, so vocal around the Internet, will be happy.

Street Smarts, with the huge number of eps in the library, looks like the all-round timeslot-holder for GSN right now. I like the show so it's nice to see the added exposure, though I think it will only be temporary.

MG 90? An okay version. No strong feelings one way or the other.

Star Search keeps getting shoved to earlier and earlier timeslots. The TCA press releases didn't breathe a word about the show, so my guess is its days are numbered. When a show gets infomercials for a lead-in, the prognosis ain't great. Unless it's Perry CS, maybe.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 02:01:10 PM by CaseyAbell »

GS Warehouse

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 01:18:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 08:23 AM\'] ... Hollywood Showdown, which Sande Stewart produced for Game Show Network and PAX in 2000-01 ...
... All New 3's a Crowd, a 2000-01 Phil Gurin Company production with Alan Thicke emceeing... [/quote]
 Who requested these additions, Randy West?

1978-Jeopardy

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 01:20:38 PM »
Horrible! I was hoping GSN wouldn't mess with the classic gameshows in their morning line-up.
I'm glad to see Jim Perry's card sharks returning, though. That's my favorite version.

adamjk

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 01:22:58 PM »
Me too. Especially syndie Dawson. Of all the shows they had to take off, that had to be one of them.

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 01:34:52 PM »
You've still got lots of Dawson Feud on the schedule. I like Feud and it's one of the all-time greats, but trimming it back is hardly a disaster. Another heresy: overall I like the Combs version better. Richard's ego is just overpowering sometimes...and the mumbles set in badly towards the end.

Come to think of it, my GSN watching has gotten more and more focused on the new stuff: Dog Eat Dog, Blackjack, Dodgeball, Street Smarts. Sure, I've watched some Feud and MG over the past few weeks. But they're starting to seem, well, old. I realize old=good for many posters, but it's nice to see some stuff that looks less frayed around the edges.

gameshowguy2000

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 01:53:51 PM »
Is Eubanks CS still on the schedule, or is it taken off?

Chelsea Thrasher

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 12:53 PM\'] Is Eubanks CS still on the schedule, or is it taken off? [/quote]
 Still there.

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 01:58:09 PM »
Looks like Eubanks Card Sharks is still on at 9:30. I assume the Prof would have stewed about GSN dropping anything with Eubanks. Grumpy old me (I can be like the Prof, too!) doesn't like either version of CS, but I realize there are lots of fans of both.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 01:58:29 PM by CaseyAbell »

Pyramid80

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 02:03:14 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 12:58 PM\'] Looks like Eubanks Card Sharks is still on at 9:30. [/quote]
 It is my understanding that Card Sharks will be limited to the Perry version from 9:00 until 9:30, (not 9:00 and 9:30).  I could be wrong, but that is how I interpret it.

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 02:09:39 PM »
What goes into 9:30 then?