Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 869 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Quick Question
« on: July 28, 2004, 04:41:25 PM »
I have been watching some of my TTD episodes that I have, and thought about this, I just need a quick confirmation that they did for one season tape 39 weeks and did the usual 13 weeks of summer reruns for all years they were in syndication, and I assume TJW had the same regimen as well.

Also, when did TTD and TJW generally have their season premieres, I would assume sometime around labor day.

Thanks!

uncamark

Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 05:17:35 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jul 28 2004, 03:41 PM\']I have been watching some of my TTD episodes that I have, and thought about this, I just need a quick confirmation that they did for one season tape 39 weeks and did the usual 13 weeks of summer reruns for all years they were in syndication, and I assume TJW had the same regimen as well.

[/quote]
That was the usual schedule for the syndication run--except in those markets that began running the show in mid-season, who would go into the next season without a break.

Also, when did TTD and TJW generally have their season premieres, I would assume sometime around labor day.

In the major markets that were on schedule--the shows were bicycled down to the smaller markets, who would usually begin a season sometime between the second week of September and the middle of October.  Nobody noticed, except perhaps for Thom McKee in 1980, where newspapers in those smaller markets probably went ahead and printed articles about the end of his run because they may not have known any different.