Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone hear from 'Millionaire'?  (Read 9648 times)

BrentW

Anyone hear from 'Millionaire'?
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2004, 05:21:44 PM »
That's very odd; I didn't see that before.  And why are they taking a full month break in between dates.  I mean they have dates for the end of August, then nothing till the end of September...and even then, those dates are for like 3 hours long.  

Well, at any rate, Pyrawoman, among others who passed the Celeb test, will find out before then anyway, because they did affirm that they will be sending out postcards WITHIN 4 weeks.  She took her test on August 16, so she should hear by Sept. 13, maximum.  

Brent

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2004, 06:27:50 PM »
They tape four episodes per day.  Not sure how many tape days per week.  Contestant order is determined randomly.  And I wouldn't count on them helping you out with extra travel expenses, since the rules explicitly state that they're the contestant's responsibility.

If you're going to tape the show, you may want to plan for the longest possible stay.  Assuming you're not scheduled for the last tape day of the week, that would be 2 nights and an evening return flight on the 3rd day.  If you're on the last tape day of the week, plan to be there for the weekend just in case.

Please also remember that getting a "good" postcard doesn't guarantee that you'll get called to be on the show.  In my case, I just barely squeezed in on the last 2 tape days of the season.  Others might be less lucky.

BrentW

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2004, 06:48:13 PM »
Thanks Peter!  Yes it does explicitly state, as others have mentioned, on the postcard that you're not GUARANTEED a spot, etc.  But, I'm feeling a lot better about my chances than if I got the "bad" postcard!  :)    LOL   Besides, the guy who was running the show at the audition was asked that question, and he said while it doesn't guarantee you, you have a *very* good chance.  He said it in such a way that anyone who got the posty should feel reasonably good.  Besides, once you're in the pool, you're always in, so if it was this year or next year...I'm just happy I made it this far.  I remember what it felt like the previous day when I didn't pass the Celeb test.  Argh.  :)

I am cautiously optimistic.  :)  

-Brent

goongas

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2004, 09:28:28 PM »
I will say that I wouldn't put much stock into thinking if you don't receive a postcard immediately that you're doomed.

All the evidence I have seen on another Internet board suggests the opposite.  Only people that have gotten a "good" PC got it almost immediately (within a week).  Also, if your interview goes long, it seems they are at least somewhat interested in you.

BrentW

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2004, 10:43:10 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Aug 29 2004, 08:28 PM\'] I will say that I wouldn't put much stock into thinking if you don't receive a postcard immediately that you're doomed.

All the evidence I have seen on another Internet board suggests the opposite.  Only people that have gotten a "good" PC got it almost immediately (within a week).  Also, if your interview goes long, it seems they are at least somewhat interested in you. [/quote]
 G-man:

So could you be a bit more vague about what other board you are referring to?  :)  LOL.  Just kidding.  But seriously, what other board are you talking about -- we'd all like to know.  ;)

I would normally agree with your theory, but my partner interviewed for about 8-9 minutes (long by Millionaire standards from what I saw), and he has heard nothing (good or bad).  His 4 weeks are up this Tuesday, so he should get SOMETHING by then.  

Plus, our very own Pyrawoman interviewed for Celeb Week, and her interview was longer-than-average, and she is *very* energetic, and photogenic.  It must be taken into account that they have a finite amount of slots for Celeb Scoop, so they are being a little more careful about who they choose for that week.

Finally, let's just be a bit more positive until some people at least get SOME news.  No sense trying to fulfill a doomsday prophecy, when in actuality none of us knows what's going on behind the scenes.  And i don't say that to be sh-tty...I hope it doesn't come off that way.  

-Brent

pyrawoman

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2004, 04:29:28 AM »
Hey Brent!

Thanks for all the kind words and wonderful support. I really appreciate your being so nice - especially because I"m feeling a little frustrated with waiting and not knowing what's going on. Oh well.... I guess the good news is that as far as we know no one else who has auditioned for Celeb week has heard either. (Meaning that I'm not being left out in the mailing of postcards to people who have made it or something.)

As far as your partner goes, that's weird that he hasn't heard yet. Maybe in tomorrow's mail! I certainly hope so. And I also really hope that that four week statement re postcards that they gave for my week of shows hasn't been amended as a result of adding those extra auditions at that strange time at the end of September. Hmmmm.....

Anyway, once again I really am so very happy for you. It's so encouraging and inspiring to see that your persistence paid off so nicely and so quickly!

Pyrawoman :)

goongas

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2004, 12:11:57 PM »
I would normally agree with your theory, but my partner interviewed for about 8-9 minutes (long by Millionaire standards from what I saw), and he has heard nothing (good or bad). His 4 weeks are up this Tuesday, so he should get SOMETHING by then.

Plus, our very own Pyrawoman interviewed for Celeb Week, and her interview was longer-than-average, and she is *very* energetic, and photogenic. It must be taken into account that they have a finite amount of slots for Celeb Scoop, so they are being a little more careful about who they choose for that week.

I had somewhat lengthy interview I felt the first time this year, and I got a bad PC, so the length of interview is not the only indication of how they like you.  But, if your interview is only 2 minutes long, I wouldn't hold much hope.

Your partner should get a postcard this week if he tried out for the normal version.  As far as the celebrity shows go, I think they are waiting till they have had all the celebrity tryouts before deciding, as someone suggested earlier in this thread.  They added two dates to the end of September as I think was previously stated here.  Those dates were not originally there and tells me they are having trouble getting enough contestants they want.  Somone else on the other board thought he had a great interview as well for the celebrity version and he hasn't heard anything either.

Finally, let's just be a bit more positive until some people at least get SOME news. No sense trying to fulfill a doomsday prophecy, when in actuality none of us knows what's going on behind the scenes. And i don't say that to be sh-tty...I hope it doesn't come off that way.

I am basing my statements on the results of 24 different auditioners who have gotten either a "good" or "bad" postcard.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 12:16:23 PM by goongas »

BrentW

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2004, 12:56:07 PM »
G:

Thanks for your thoughts...I still wanted to know, though, this other "board" you referred to in your previous post.  I'd like to check it out....

Brent
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 12:56:25 PM by BrentW »

Steve McClellan

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2004, 01:50:30 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 09:11 AM\']But, if your interview is only 2 minutes long, I wouldn't hold much hope.[/quote]
That's interesting. One of the guys in my tape group said he didn't think he had a chance: The interviewer flirted with the guy before him for 15 minutes or so, he said, and only talked to him for "a minute or two". I don't know what happened to the object of the flirtation, but as for the one who was only grilled for a minute or two, well ... he was in my tape group. :)

What I get from this is that they seem to be keeping you at the interview until they've made a decision either way. A longer interview seems to indicate that you're on the bubble. (Mine was of approximately average length, from what I can tell.)

BrentW

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2004, 02:42:21 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 12:50 PM\']
That's interesting. One of the guys in my tape group said he didn't think he had a chance: The interviewer flirted with the guy before him for 15 minutes or so, he said, and only talked to him for "a minute or two". I don't know what happened to the object of the flirtation, but as for the one who was only grilled for a minute or two, well ... he was in my tape group. :)
 [/quote]
 See, this is exactly what I mean (thank you, Steve!).  None of us knows what's really happening, so there's no sense trying to draw conclusions from NO NEWS.  I am firmly convinced that there is no direct parallel between time and you being an UP or a DOWN.  Let's just be patient.

Brent

And I'm still wanting to know from goongas what other board he is talking about.

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2004, 07:40:03 PM »
He's talking about

http://forums.go.com/abclocal/KABC/forum?f...&byThread=false

I participated there briefly, but the insanely high volume and horrible user interface ultimately got the better of me.

BrentW

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2004, 08:02:31 PM »
Thanks Peter.   YIKES.  I took one look at those "threads," if you can call them that, and came back here.  Talk about a 'terrible, horrible, no-good-, very bad' board.  :)

As Velma would say: "JINKIES!"

Brent

goongas

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2004, 09:30:20 PM »
Someone at the board posted who auditioned recently for celebrity BAM said they would let her know by the end of September.

One reason I didn't post the address is BAM is rarely talked about nowadays.  Second, I didn't want immature posters to spam the board.  It takes a good deal of time a day to read it just to get to posts that concern a show.

BrentW

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2004, 01:16:59 AM »
Hello all:

I said I'd post when:

Bad news; my partner got his postcard today...the wrong one.  :(  He said it was mailed on Monday, which is 4 weeks to the day from when he auditioned.  As you'll note from earlier in this thread, he had a great interview (so he thought) and spent a good bit of time with the guy.  It sounded very much like my interview, so I thought he was in.  I was wrong.  I tried to cheer him up..but I think all of us know how it is when you don't make one of these things.   :(  

So there is no consistency.  If you interviewed for 2 minutes or ten.  I talked a while and got a good PC.  He talked a while and got the bad.  Some people talk for 2 minutes and get good ones..others 2 minutes and not-so-good ones.  

The upside to all this is: no matter how your interview went, you ALL have a good chance.  I am more convinced than ever that, my interview notwithstanding, I don't know how they pick these things.  I just feel bad for him.  :(

I'll post some later on...

B.

pyrawoman

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2004, 03:38:36 PM »
So sorry to hear about your partner not making it, Brent. Maybe Super Millionaire is the one for him! Who knows....

As for the choosing process on the regular Millionaire, I'm thinking perhaps it comes down to each individual interviewer's personal viewpoint about each potential conestant- in other words perhaps there is no universal standard and it's quite subjective. I doubt we'll ever know though, so all we can do is do our best and then hope for the best. I'm on that second part now.... :)

Pyrawoman