Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Studio 7  (Read 5754 times)

ChuckNet

Studio 7
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 07:48:52 PM »
It's PAINFULLY obvious that "I'd like to answer..." is trying to capitalize on that.

Much like "My answer is..." from the 1st-season Russian Roulette bonus round.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Studio 7
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2004, 01:43:58 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 28 2004, 04:48 PM\'] Much like "My answer is..." from the 1st-season Russian Roulette bonus round.
 [/quote]
 Not really. Like I said, "Final Answer" (and to a lesser extent, "My Answer Is" were necessary to delineate an actual response from out-loud thinking.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Studio 7
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2004, 02:46:18 AM »
If I didn't know you better, I'd call you a grumpy old man with no love for game shows any more, but happily I do know you better and so wouldn't do that; just as happily there need be no "canning" of "ass" around here :-)
OK Mr. Koon, or if I may, Dic, you have to help out this grumpy old man who hasn't seen the show. Is the pool merely a decorative set element or is it part of the game a la Russian Roulette where contestans who answer incorrectly get their ASSES dunked? More importantly, is the water properly chlorinated for the health of contestants, cast and crew alike?

And to set the record straight, I still love game shows, provided they were, with certain exceptions, produced any time prior to approximately 1990.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 03:09:31 AM by chris319 »

dickoon

Studio 7
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2004, 11:32:03 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 07:46 AM\'] Is the pool merely a decorative set element [/quote]
 Every little bit of it, in all its inch-and-a-half-height-rippling-wave glory.

clemon79

Studio 7
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2004, 11:33:04 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 28 2004, 11:46 PM\'] OK Mr. Koon, or if I may, Dic, you have to help out this grumpy old man who hasn't seen the show. Is the pool merely a decorative set element or is it part of the game a la Russian Roulette where contestans who answer incorrectly get their ASSES dunked? [/quote]
 It is for the most part a decorative set element. Players who ask for help from another player are asked to remove the ring-on-a-lanyard around their necks and throw it into the pool in a "wishing well"-style gesture before they do so.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Studio 7
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2004, 11:36:53 AM »
Players who ask for help from another player are asked to remove the ring-on-a-lanyard around their necks and throw it into the pool in a "wishing well"-style gesture before they do so.
Um ... okay. That's five rating points right there.

But what I want to know is, is the water chlorinated? I'm going to send Harvey Levin over to investigate.

Don Howard

Studio 7
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2004, 01:56:33 PM »
I missed the premiere episode, but I did catch last night's (July 29th) offering. I made it for 35 minutes before I turned that crap off. That show is a POP=Piece Of Renal Waste.

clemon79

Studio 7
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2004, 02:54:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 30 2004, 10:56 AM\'] I missed the premiere episode, but I did catch last night's (July 29th) offering. I made it for 35 minutes before I turned that crap off. That show is a POP=Piece Of Renal Waste. [/quote]
 See, I thought last night's show was an improvement, at least a little. The memorization round has to go, tho.

I was particularly encouraged by the lightening up of host Pat Kiernan, who was downright FUNNY during parts of last night's game. My favorite moment came when one player who had already denied help to two others found himself at the wrong end of the same rope when his turn came. Player says "Well, after what I just did, I'm effectively without a ring here." Pat deadpans right back "Well, it would be fun to see what would happen." Classic.

uncamark

Studio 7
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2004, 03:29:33 PM »
My view on "Studio 7," as someone who has never held to the tenets that all game shows have to have primary-colored sets, peppy music and smiling hosts, is that to me it's a fascinating experiment.  It's nowhere near being successful, but it's got some interesting things going for it--and last night's show had a lot more drama to it and did let Kiernan show his subtle sense of humor (which may've gone on the cutting room floor last week).

It needs to be tweaked a lot (we could start with cutting out most of the "I'd like to answer..." responses), but considering how it frittered away the  larger-than-normal WB audience that had tuned in to "Blue Collar TV" last night (with, granted, some possible help from "Reba" in between), I have the feeling that it may not get the chance to be tweaked.  It looks like a goner come the playoffs on Sept. 9 (or sooner, if The WB wants to take the chance of going hot and heavy against the "Apprentice" season premiere on that date).

Question: Did anyone hear those pieces of music that were supposedly "featured on tonight's show" in the plug at the end durign the show itself?  I thought I heard the last cut used as the win cue at the end.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 03:32:25 PM by uncamark »

Don Howard

Studio 7
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2004, 11:22:53 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 30 2004, 01:54 PM\'] See, I thought last night's show was an improvement, at least a little. The memorization round has to go, tho.

[/quote]
Hmmm. OK. I'll try watching tonight's rerun while sober this time. Perhaps that'll give me an improved perspective.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 11:23:18 AM by Don Howard »

clemon79

Studio 7
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2004, 02:37:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 08:22 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 30 2004, 01:54 PM\'] See, I thought last night's show was an improvement, at least a little. The memorization round has to go, tho.

[/quote]
Hmmm. OK. I'll try watching tonight's rerun while sober this time. Perhaps that'll give me an improved perspective. [/quote]
 Just make sure you get there in time so you don't miss the first three rounds. The players were a fair bit cattier than last week's bunch, and Pat was pretty fun, while staying in his stoic character.