Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: As Ken Jennings' reign of terror continues...  (Read 5079 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
As Ken Jennings' reign of terror continues...
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2004, 12:03:51 PM »
[quote name=\'rmfromfla\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 06:34 AM\'] I'm just still a bit upset:  it's just an article about Ken Jennings, not the
 innermost secrets of the CIA or the FBI.  And sure, schools will now be
 required to teach kindergarteners the basics in copyright law.   Chill!! [/quote]
 Telling someone to chill when they know the rules of this forum better than you makes you look like an idiot.

You Don't Post Copyrighted Articles Here. Period.

Still upset? Door's to your left.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2004, 12:25:26 PM »
[quote name=\'rmfromfla\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 08:34 AM\'] 2.  I thought Ken passed Kevin Olmstead's record on his first show?
  (wasn't Kevin's Jeopardy! total only $25,901?)
 [/quote]
 Reread the first post in this thread.  The record in question is the amount of cash won by Olmstead on WWTBAM.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

dzinkin

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2004, 12:28:03 PM »
[quote name=\'rmfromfla\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 09:34 AM\'] Two things:

1.  If I wanted to post the complete article, I would have had to print out all ten of those Final Jeopardy clues listed on that page.   Thanks for ruining my day!   :(
 [/quote]
 Your day would be far worse if someone were to come after you for copyright violation.

A very short excerpt is fine.  A summary is fine.  Posting the entire article is not, and I've deleted the contents accordingly.

bellbm

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2004, 02:00:29 PM »
My my my, some peopel just get a little too upset here.  Its an articel from People magazine.  Its just being shared, not reprinted.  Give the guy a break.  (Now let me get back to downloading some mp3s.)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2004, 02:17:45 PM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 01:00 PM\'] My my my, some peopel just get a little too upset here.  Its an articel from People magazine.  Its just being shared, not reprinted.  Give the guy a break.  (Now let me get back to downloading some mp3s.) [/quote]
You obviously don't have a very good understanding of copyright laws, then. 99% of articles have a notice similar to this:
"This article may not be reprinted, retransmitted, or copied in any form or media. Violaters of this may be subject to prosecution."

As a writer, I take offense to people who take the "liberty" of copying my article somewhere else, without giving (1)Me credit, or (2)My publisher credit, also, depriving advertisers of readership.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 03:20:48 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2004, 02:19:20 PM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 02:00 PM\']My my my, some peopel just get a little too upset here.  Its an articel from People magazine.   [/quote]
My my my, some people don't know squat about copyright law and why the moderators don't want to get sued for violating it.

Its just being shared, not reprinted.  Give the guy a break.
"Sharing" and "reprinting" are one and the same here.  Rmfromfla admitted to posting the entire article, and as we have explained many times, that is against the rules.

(Now let me get back to downloading some mp3s.)
What you do outside of this board is your own business.  What you do here is our business.

uncamark

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2004, 03:09:40 PM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 08:44 AM\']Art Fleming is whirling dervishly in his grave right now...[/quote]
No--he's just thinking, "Well done!"

I don't think he would ever begrudge an excellent player--and especially not on the air.  He just didn't seem to be that kind of guy.

DrBear

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2004, 03:29:49 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 01:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 08:44 AM\']Art Fleming is whirling dervishly in his grave right now...[/quote]

I don't think he would ever begrudge an excellent player--and especially not on the air.  He just didn't seem to be that kind of guy. [/quote]
 Agreed, he'd be praising Jennings like crazy by now...

And considering Fleming's respect for the language (he agonized over "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should) I really don't think he'd use "dervishly" as an adverb.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2004, 04:14:35 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 02:29 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 01:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 08:44 AM\']Art Fleming is whirling dervishly in his grave right now...[/quote]

I don't think he would ever begrudge an excellent player--and especially not on the air.  He just didn't seem to be that kind of guy. [/quote]
Agreed, he'd be praising Jennings like crazy by now...

And considering Fleming's respect for the language (he agonized over "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should) I really don't think he'd use "dervishly" as an adverb.[/quote]
Here's what the Perfesser thinks Fleming would be saying about now.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2004, 06:02:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 01:14 PM\'] Here's what the Perfesser thinks Fleming would be saying about now. [/quote]
 "Help! Help! Get me out of this coffin!" :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2004, 12:55:23 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 04:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 01:14 PM\'] Here's what the Perfesser thinks Fleming would be saying about now. [/quote]
"Help! Help! Get me out of this coffin!" :) [/quote]
 Reminds me of one of David Letterman's quizzes:

"If Abraham Lincoln were alive today, he'd be:
a-working to address the imbalance between poor and rich
b-trying to reconcile blacks and whites
c-desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

ObGameShow: Ken Jennings has appeared on David Letterman's show. (that may be the single lamest comment I've ever made on this forum)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.