Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy  (Read 3790 times)

adamjk

Jeopardy
« on: July 15, 2004, 12:14:45 PM »
I have a question regarding next season's TOC. Let's say, that the TOC rolls around, and Ken is still champ. Then in the TOC Ken wins. My question is, would they add the $250,000 to his total as champ, or would that be separate from his other winnings?

aaron sica

Jeopardy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 12:19:04 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 12:14 PM\'] I have a question regarding next season's TOC. Let's say, that the TOC rolls around, and Ken is still champ. Then in the TOC Ken wins. My question is, would they add the $250,000 to his total as champ, or would that be separate from his other winnings? [/quote]
 Unless I'm misunderstanding you, it almost sounds like you're saying Ken is in the TOC while he's still champ?

I don't think Ken would be eligible for the TOC until he loses, but I could be wrong..

adamjk

Jeopardy
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 12:21:42 PM »
I would assume seeing how much he has won, that if he is still champ when the TOC rolls along, he would be allowed to play. After all, other shows have allowed their current champs to play in the TOC. The $100,000 Pyramid comes to mind.

aaron sica

Jeopardy
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 12:24:04 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 12:21 PM\'] I would assume seeing how much he has won, that if he is still champ when the TOC rolls along, he would be allowed to play. After all, other shows have allowed their current champs to play in the TOC. The $100,000 Pyramid comes to mind. [/quote]
 I don't know - I can't say one way or the other for sure, but someone will know...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Jeopardy
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 01:28:26 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 09:14 AM\'] I have a question regarding next season's TOC. Let's say, that the TOC rolls around, and Ken is still champ. Then in the TOC Ken wins. My question is, would they add the $250,000 to his total as champ, or would that be separate from his other winnings? [/quote]
 I don't see where the hell it makes a difference. Spends the same either way.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

adamjk

Jeopardy
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 01:29:59 PM »
I know, I'm just curious is all.

clemon79

Jeopardy
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 01:51:24 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 10:29 AM\'] I know, I'm just curious is all. [/quote]
 Well, explain why it matters first, and then we might be able to give you an answer. So far I for one have no damn idea what you're getting at.

adamjk

Jeopardy
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 01:56:03 PM »
Look, this may not be important or matter to you, but to me it does matter. All I was asking, is if Ken is still champ when the TOC begins, and he wins it, would the $250,000 be added to his winnings as champ, or would the $250,000 be separate from his total winnings as champion?

Jimmy Owen

Jeopardy
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 02:03:01 PM »
I don't think Ken will be on the show much longer, so it will be a moot point. The whirlwind press tour all of a sudden is a dead giveaway.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

Jeopardy
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 02:06:23 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 10:56 AM\'] Look, this may not be important or matter to you, but to me it does matter. All I was asking, is if Ken is still champ when the TOC begins, and he wins it, would the $250,000 be added to his winnings as champ, or would the $250,000 be separate from his total winnings as champion? [/quote]
 Yeah, I know what you're asking, I can read. What you STILL haven't explained is what the hell the difference is.

Would Jeopardy cut him a seperate check for the TOC winnings aside from the check he gets from regular play? Probably.

Would it count towards qualifiying for the following year's Tournament? I doubt it. Assuming that's the system they have in place. Which we can't.

Would the money count towards the "record"? Well, there's no official record bood or governing body over such things, so that's for you to decide.

Does he claim it seperately on his taxes? Of course not.

So did I stumble upon your question, there, or would you like to try to articulate it in a language we ALL understand?

clemon79

Jeopardy
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 02:08:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I don't think Ken will be on the show much longer, so it will be a moot point. The whirlwind press tour all of a sudden is a dead giveaway. [/quote]
 The whirlwind press tour says nothing other than the fact that the show is trying to capitalize on Ken crossing the $1 Million line, which is a number of interest to most people.

uncamark

Jeopardy
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 03:20:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 01:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I don't think Ken will be on the show much longer, so it will be a moot point. The whirlwind press tour all of a sudden is a dead giveaway. [/quote]
The whirlwind press tour says nothing other than the fact that the show is trying to capitalize on Ken crossing the $1 Million line, which is a number of interest to most people. [/quote]
 And if they do it two weeks from now, the show would be in reruns of tournaments and you wouldn't be able to see Ken at all--they're striking while the iron is hot.

sshuffield70

Jeopardy
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 03:56:11 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 02:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 01:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I don't think Ken will be on the show much longer, so it will be a moot point. The whirlwind press tour all of a sudden is a dead giveaway. [/quote]
The whirlwind press tour says nothing other than the fact that the show is trying to capitalize on Ken crossing the $1 Million line, which is a number of interest to most people. [/quote]
And if they do it two weeks from now, the show would be in reruns of tournaments and you wouldn't be able to see Ken at all--they're striking while the iron is hot. [/quote]
 Plus, we still don't know if he's lost yet.  I mean, how long ago did the last episode tape?  April something?  He may have won all of those.  In which case, the current press tour doesn't tell you a damn thing.

uncamark

Jeopardy
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 04:42:59 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 02:56 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 02:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 01:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I don't think Ken will be on the show much longer, so it will be a moot point. The whirlwind press tour all of a sudden is a dead giveaway. [/quote]
And if they do it two weeks from now, the show would be in reruns of tournaments and you wouldn't be able to see Ken at all--they're striking while the iron is hot. [/quote]
Plus, we still don't know if he's lost yet.  I mean, how long ago did the last episode tape?  April something?  He may have won all of those.  In which case, the current press tour doesn't tell you a damn thing.[/quote]
Except to keep "J!"'s name in front of the public--and every little bit of publicity helps.

Besides, it's not like he add to eat horse rectums to get all this attention.  :)

sshuffield70

Jeopardy
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 05:05:14 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 03:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 02:56 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 02:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 01:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I don't think Ken will be on the show much longer, so it will be a moot point. The whirlwind press tour all of a sudden is a dead giveaway. [/quote]
Plus, we still don't know if he's lost yet.  I mean, how long ago did the last episode tape?  April something?  He may have won all of those.  In which case, the current press tour doesn't tell you a damn thing.[/quote]
Except to keep "J!"'s name in front of the public--and every little bit of publicity helps.

Besides, it's not like he add to eat horse rectums to get all this attention.  :) [/quote]
 Exactly, but the first poster didn't seem to have a clue.