Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anybody in the mood for large, high-quality logos?  (Read 7654 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Anybody in the mood for large, high-quality logos?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2003, 03:41:02 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 02:38 PM\'] What is 55.swf supposed to be? It looks like a unicorn on a coat of arms, but it's so blurry I can't make it out. [/quote]
 The \"Who Dares Wins\" logo.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2003, 03:42:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 02:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 11:48 AM\'] Is that "Fantasy" logo the same as the one used on the show? It's hideous! [/quote]
Yeah, that was about it. The colors were different, though...muted pastels that actually fit in very well with the lighthearted spirit of the show.

"Fantasy" takes a lot of crap, but it really wasn't all THAT bad. [/quote]
 Yah--I guess it's all that pink that kills it for me. Looks like it came out of Aladdin's lamp or something. I bet the real thing looked a heck of a lot better.

ITSBRY

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »
SimpsonGeek...thanks!  These are great.  The 100K Pyramid logo in particular is spectacular!!

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

zachhoran

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »
The Hollywood Connection logo is different from that seen on the 1977 show, and looks much more modern. I think the Play the Percentages logo is slightly different as well.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2003, 07:54:42 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 06:46 PM\'] The Hollywood Connection logo is different from that seen on the 1977 show, and looks much more modern. I think the Play the Percentages logo is slightly different as well. [/quote]
The only differences w/ the PtP logos is that the real one used \"Broadway\" font and the letters were bent a little bent.

I agree on HC though. Wasn't the 1977 logo simply \"The Hollywood Connection\" typed in said Broadway font? Couldn't be that hard to reproduce.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2003, 07:55:04 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

SimpsonGeek

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2003, 06:27:33 PM »
Thought I'd bump this up in case anyone missed it the first time around

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2003, 08:01:21 PM »
[quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Sep 21 2003, 03:27 PM\'] Thought I'd bump this up in case anyone missed it the first time around [/quote]
 There is nothing, nothing, NOTHING more irritating in the web-based message board world than bumping posts. (Well, okay, Donegan's lame jokes. But that issue's been moot since I bettered him. ;))

If it's important enough to be bumped, out Esteemed Hosts will pin it. Otherwise, it's not important enough to be bumped.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DJDustman

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2003, 08:48:57 PM »
I still can't get in to it...

zachhoran

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2003, 08:50:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 21 2003, 07:01 PM\']
There is nothing, nothing, NOTHING more irritating in the web-based message board world than bumping posts. (Well, okay, Donegan's lame jokes. But that issue's been moot since I bettered him. ;))
 [/quote]
 Just about every message gets bumped at the VH1 Classic message board(a channel that, unlike GSN, is willing to show rare materials)

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2003, 08:55:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 21 2003, 08:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Sep 21 2003, 03:27 PM\'] Thought I'd bump this up in case anyone missed it the first time around [/quote]
There is nothing, nothing, NOTHING more irritating in the web-based message board world than bumping posts. [/quote]
 Anyone up for a game of hat putato, with yur funi hoest bil kulin?

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2003, 09:35:01 PM »
Anyone up for a game of hat putato, with yur funi hoest bil kulin?

Sure, just as soon as somebody tells me how it was played.

(Ducks bottles, rotten tomatoes and feces)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2003, 01:35:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 08:05 AM\'] I got through on the first link, which is a good thing because when I'm in the mood for large high-quality logos, I will not rest until I get them. The logo for "Hollywood Connection" wasn't anything like I remembered, though. [/quote]
 Nontheless, it does look pretty snazzy.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2003, 01:42:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 21 2003, 10:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 08:05 AM\'] I got through on the first link, which is a good thing because when I'm in the mood for large high-quality logos, I will not rest until I get them. The logo for "Hollywood Connection" wasn't anything like I remembered, though. [/quote]
Nontheless, it does look pretty snazzy. [/quote]
 Yeah, but I'll confirm Jimmy's suspicion...that wasn't even remotely close to what the actual Hollywood Connection looked like. If I remember right, the probable reason they \"rolled their own\" was that the original logo was SO cheesy that it would have looked out of place even if they tried to clean it up from a print of the show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2003, 09:52:05 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 12:42 AM\']
Yeah, but I'll confirm Jimmy's suspicion...that wasn't even remotely close to what the actual Hollywood Connection looked like. If I remember right, the probable reason they "rolled their own" was that the original logo was SO cheesy that it would have looked out of place even if they tried to clean it up from a print of the show. [/quote]
 Unless, of course, Barry and Enright(or Enright himself in his later years), or, G-d forbid, Sony, tried to revive Hollywood Connection at some point after 1978, and did a pilot using that logo, though I've never heard anything about such a pilot.

Tommy Gun

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2003, 09:53:56 AM »
Well, I missed this thread the first time, so I'm glad someone bumped it!

Let me just say, after looking through a lot of the folders...

http://www.gameshownetwork.com/images/db/s...store/item4.jpg

What the hell? Is that 98 degrees?