Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune attire  (Read 889 times)

bellbm

Wheel of Fortune attire
« on: June 29, 2004, 10:15:25 AM »
I was wondering, were the men always required to wear a coat and tie on the show?  I seem to remeber this always being the case of the evening version, but the daytime version was maybe a bit more casual.  I know sometime Vanna would wear shorts.

Also, when the show was still taped at NBC, did the nighttime version have darker lighting?  As I watch the reruns on GSN, I seem to remember the daytime version feeling a little less formal.  Was this the case?

tyshaun1

Wheel of Fortune attire
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:13:51 AM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Jun 29 2004, 09:15 AM\'] I was wondering, were the men always required to wear a coat and tie on the show?  I seem to remeber this always being the case of the evening version, but the daytime version was maybe a bit more casual.  I know sometime Vanna would wear shorts.

Also, when the show was still taped at NBC, did the nighttime version have darker lighting?  As I watch the reruns on GSN, I seem to remember the daytime version feeling a little less formal.  Was this the case? [/quote]
 Back in the days, most game shows had their male contestants wear suits, unless they had a required outfit (Trivia Trap) or came straight from the audience (TPIR). Women's wear seemed to be more liberal, as I've seen many women wear sweaters or T-shirts.

Tyshaun