Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Canada...  (Read 4085 times)

uncamark

Meanwhile, in Canada...
« on: June 25, 2004, 05:53:48 PM »
Scroll down past reviews of the Peter Jennings doc and tonight's "Biography" in this Toronto Globe & Mail column and you'll find out "Kenny vs. Spenny" has started its second season on the CBC in a 10 p.m. Saturday slot similar to GSN's time slot, instead of the kiddie slot it was in for the first season.

You'll also notice that the critic sorta liked the show in spite of himself.

The ball is now in GSN and Nielsen's court here in the States.

(I happened to watch the show the other week--the "Who's the Better Actor?" episode--and had a few mild chuckles during the show.  The problem with me is that neither Kenny nor Spenny are that likable enough to me to make their little competitions that consistently engaging.  I have to admire in some preverse way the whole masquerade Kenny made of sneaking by the judge that mime to perform instead of him--and that the judge was taken in by his cheat.)

OntarioQuizzer

Meanwhile, in Canada...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 12:05:20 PM »
One correction to this:

It is not the start of Kenny vs. Spenny's second season in Canada; it is merely a continuation of the first one. The show was put on hiatus by CBC for 5 months (January through early-June) due to CBC's commitment to air the third and final season of the quiz show "Smart Ask", as well as the NHL playoffs.

Andy (a Spenny fan)