The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Big Brother Is Back

(1/8) > >>

cyberjoek:
ok, it's summer, it's past the year 2k, so it must be Big Brother time.  This years twist is the \"eX-factor\" (that is the way they want press to capitolize it), where 5 ex -boyfriends and -girlfriends were introduced into the house at the end of the first episode.  My question is did anyone here watch besides me?  If so what did you think?
-Joe Kavanagh

Brandon Brooks:
[quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 07:32 PM\'] ok, it's summer, it's past the year 2k, so it must be Big Brother time.  This years twist is the "eX-factor" (that is the way they want press to capitolize it), where 5 ex -boyfriends and -girlfriends were introduced into the house at the end of the first episode.  My question is did anyone here watch besides me?  If so what did you think?
-Joe Kavanagh [/quote]
 I haven't watched it past the first show the first season.  Why won't this beast die?

Brandon Brooks

PeterMarshallFan:
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 07:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 07:32 PM\'] ok, it's summer, it's past the year 2k, so it must be Big Brother time.  This years twist is the "eX-factor" (that is the way they want press to capitolize it), where 5 ex -boyfriends and -girlfriends were introduced into the house at the end of the first episode.  My question is did anyone here watch besides me?  If so what did you think?
-Joe Kavanagh [/quote]
I haven't watched it past the first show the first season.  Why won't this beast die?

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 Moonves is immortal.

..oh, you meant BB? Sorry.

And no, I don't watch it. Never have, never will.

TheInquisitiveOne:
Is this show still on? That is a shock to me. Watching this crap is as fun as having your wisdom teeth pulled...and I know how that feels.

It is shows like these that make me wish that whoever devised this type of \"reality TV\" be dragged out into the street and shot.

The Inquisitive One

Peter Sarrett:
I'm watching.  I find it compelling for the same reason I like Survivor-- the psychology is fascinating.  In the case of Big Brother, as the season progresses the manipulation and maneuvering becomes increasingly intense and dynamic.  It's pure game.

The \"X-factor\" this year bothers me, because it pollutes the game.  The great thing about past Big Brothers is that no contestants knew each other beforehand-- they all started with a clean slate.  So we get to see the relationships and incidents which influence players' game plans.  But with all the pre-existing baggage in the house this season, there's going to be a lot going on that has nothing to do with what's happened in the house.  As a viewer, I find that far less interesting.

I expect to be blogging about Big Brother throughout the season at Static Zombie.  My thoughts on the first episode can be found here.

- Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version