Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 1960's (B/W Primetime) Password  (Read 3074 times)

kurtinrod62

1960's (B/W Primetime) Password
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 08:20:51 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 03:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'RMF\' date=\'Jun 27 2004, 09:11 PM\'][quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 06:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 23 2004, 02:55 PM\'] In fact, the existence of "PDQ" and syndie "T or C," among other shows, is almost exclusively because of the demand of stations at that time for cheap color programming. [/quote]
Huh? Are you saying episodes of "PDQ" still exist? I thought they were all wiped. [/quote]
Uncamark meant (or, at least, I presume that he meant) "exist" in the "why was it made" sense of the term, with no connection to current survival.[/quote]
Bingo.

With everyone converting to color in the mid-60s, putting on "My Little Margie" reruns became less palatable--but no station wanted to spend a lot of money.  We all know one of the reasons people do game shows are that they're cheap to produce.  Hire H-Q to do "PDQ" for syndication and you have a half-hour of color daytime programming at an economical cost.

And Herbert Ziv all of a sudden had a justification for shooting "The Cisco Kid" in color on film back before there was even a color TV system. [/quote]
 Actually, Mr. Ziv's first name was Frederic or Frederick. Sorry to correct you.

uncamark

1960's (B/W Primetime) Password
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 12:56:48 PM »
[quote name=\'kurtinrod62\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 07:20 PM\']Actually, Mr. Ziv's first name was Frederic or Frederick. Sorry to correct you.[/quote]
The edit function is a wonderful thing.  :)

And I posted Mr. Ziv's obit to TVBarn--I have no excuse.

Well, hello there Patrick Wayne and Mr. Hip-Hop Dragon...