Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aussie Millionaire? - AXED  (Read 929 times)

TravisP

Aussie Millionaire? - AXED
« on: June 18, 2004, 03:14:50 PM »
I thought ITV in the UK was bad enough of axing Game Shows after a couple of shows have been aired.

It is now official that Channel Nine has now given up with their new quicker weekdaily version and will ditch it as of next Friday (25th June), due to that Seven's Deal or No Deal has beaten Millionaire in every state. The host Eddie McGuire will record the final week of shows on Monday.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...55E2902,00.html

The Price Is Right will expand to an one hour slot as of the following week, while the regular Monday edition of Millionaire will remain, which I reckon was a better idea just sticking with the Monday edition as it keeps the format fresher as they have only made around 215 editions so far since April 1999.

Of course if that also fails I wonder if Nine will bring back Burgo's Catchphrase or revive Keynotes?

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 05:33:00 AM »
Boy, you sure know how to spread bad news like that.  I guess my Aunt Louise will now go back to the weekly version again.  FOOEY!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 05:33:30 AM by Craig Karlberg »

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 08:06:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 04:33 AM\'] Boy, you sure know how to spread bad news like that.  I guess my Aunt Louise will now go back to the weekly version again.  FOOEY! [/quote]
 Heavens! Aunt Louise will have to....

watch something else!

What horrible news! GEEZ!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"