Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What happened to Greek Games?  (Read 4204 times)

SwohS Emag

What happened to Greek Games?
« on: July 02, 2004, 02:07:34 PM »
I was doing a little searching and noticed that Greek Games is not on tvguide.com, or on GSN's site.  It was originally slated to air July 6 at 11:00pm ET, but instead, two episodes of Street Smarts are in its place.  Indeed, Who Dares Wins is not on the schedule (as per tvguide.com) in its regular Tuesday and Wednesday slot, and another episode of Extreme Dodgeball replaces the usual Kenny vs. Spenny on Tuesday at 10:30pm ET!

To make things even stranger, the latest Average Joe promo I saw (around 12:30am ET "last night") showed it starting at 9:30pm ET instead of 10:00pm ET.  Maybe this is a 90 minute episode, but a quick search at tvtome.com claims that ep 4 of AJ1 is not.  Anyway, if it is 90 minutes, what could GSN be showing at 9:00pm ET?  Perhaps a 1/2-hr ep of WWTBAM?  

This is confusing the crap out of me.  Can anyone make sense of it?

Patrick "SwohS Emag"

bandit_bobby

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 08:24:02 AM »
It premieres on Tuesdays at 10:30 PM beginning the 13th.

Also, Star Search, effective immediately, has been moved from the 7:00 PM slot to the 6:00 PM time slot. Match Game and Lingo take its place at 7:00 PM.

melman1

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 09:11:06 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jul 4 2004, 05:24 AM\'] Also ... effective immediately ... Match Game and Lingo take its place at 7:00 PM. [/quote]
 Thanks for posting this.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

catnap1972

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 09:44:40 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jul 4 2004, 07:24 AM\'] Also, Star Search, effective immediately, has been moved from the 7:00 PM slot to the 6:00 PM time slot. Match Game and Lingo take its place at 7:00 PM. [/quote]
 Makes you wonder if Star Search may already be on it's way out.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 11:56:47 PM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Jul 5 2004, 09:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jul 4 2004, 07:24 AM\'] Also, Star Search, effective immediately, has been moved from the 7:00 PM slot to the 6:00 PM time slot. Match Game and Lingo take its place at 7:00 PM. [/quote]
Makes you wonder if Star Search may already be on it's way out. [/quote]
 That wouldn't surprise me.  But I'd like to see Dog Eat Dog go with it.  After all, it wasn't a big hit (heck, it was barely even a little hit) for NBC.  For that matter, Brooke Burns's current gig, Fox's North Shore, isn't doing too well, either.

ObGS: I'd even take the shortened second season of TTTT2K1 over those.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 03:17:44 PM »
Makes you wonder if Star Search may already be on it's way out.

"Star Search"; "The Mole",...these new "reality" type series don't seem to be working for GSN, especially if they keep yanking them off the schedule as fast as they have been.

Have you noticed that more and more cable channels are frequently changing schedules recently?  TVLand (for example) seems to have major changes each month now, rather than just a few times a year.  It's getting hard to keep up with.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

sshuffield70

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 05:51:56 PM »
Spike TV just had a change on their sked.  They've now acquired "Police Videos" which was on Fox for 4 seasons before moving to FX for two years.

(OT:  Wonders why someone else hasn't tried to bring it back in some form.  BTW, creator Paul Stojanovich passed away in a accident two years ago.)