Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Beat The Clock may be coming back.  (Read 8680 times)

TalkingHeadsFan

Beat The Clock may be coming back.
« on: July 09, 2003, 03:51:34 PM »
That's right, PAX has been listening. Ever since PAX was flooded with calls and email's concerning the removal of the show from the schedule, Beat The Clock has been considered for a second season. But still, we need your help! Contact pax at http://www.paxtv.com/contact and let them know how you feel! With you're help, Beat The Clock will be back before you know it!

Thanks!

Douglas

Winkfan

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 06:52:39 PM »
And if PAX still won't renew BtC, there's always ABC Family!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Annette Cash of the Big Board!
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 06:54:33 PM »
Tammy just wants somebody to run the Collyer episodes in prime time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 07:52:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 12:51 PM\'] Contact pax at http://www.paxtv.com/contact and let them know how you feel!
 [/quote]
 Um, that it sucked?

Do you really think that will have a positive effect on renewal?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 11:22:57 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 06:52 PM\'] Um, that it sucked?
 [/quote]
 That's exactly what I did.

Brandon Brooks

Fedya

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 11:31:16 PM »
Chris Lemon wrote:
Do you really think that will have a positive effect on renewal?

Well, it did for Cagney and Lacey twenty years ago, without which we probably wouldn't have gotten Robert Hegyes on the $100K Pyramid.  ;-)

Besides, with the number of viewers PAX has overall, it may not take that many emails for them to be convinced to bring it back....
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 02:19:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 08:31 PM\'] Well, it did for Cagney and Lacey twenty years ago, without which we probably wouldn't have gotten Robert Hegyes on the $100K Pyramid.  ;-)
 [/quote]
 Very well, I'll go tell 'em it sucked. If this is how they operate, no wonder they're in the dumper...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TonicBH

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 04:25:49 AM »
If they shoot for Season 2, I still say a more viable format towards the classic days might be more suitable.

Watch as this becomes a \"How would you revive BtC\" thread. :P
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

dmota104

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 06:54:30 AM »
It's good PAX is reacting to viewers' complaints.  But the future of the network itself isn't encouraging.

I get PAX via cable.  Most of the broadcast day's is program-length commercials.

I'd be really surprised if we're talking about Supermarket Sweep, BtC, et al, *on PAX* this time next year.  

If we are, perhaps PAX will be the subject of a segment of its own \"It's A Miracle\" series.

If not, the smart money says move the games to GSN.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 03:49:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 10:31 PM\']Well, it did for Cagney and Lacey twenty years ago, without which we probably wouldn't have gotten Robert Hegyes on the $100K Pyramid.  ;-)

Besides, with the number of viewers PAX has overall, it may not take that many emails for them to be convinced to bring it back....[/quote]
Twenty years ago, the Internet wasn't a mainstream thing. Cagney and Lacey got back on the air, like many other shows, because people actually HANDWROTE letters. I seriously doubt e-mail campaigns are EVER effective. Besides, how does PAX know that it's not just the same person sending 1,000 e-mails.

Besides, like Chris and Brandon B. said, the show plain and simple sucks.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ChuckNet

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 12:17:57 PM »
It's good PAX is reacting to viewers' complaints. But the future of the network itself isn't encouraging.

I get PAX via cable. Most of the broadcast day's is program-length commercials.

Exactly...and the further cutbacks on orig. programming for next season make the network's fate look pretty much sealed.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

LeeEck339

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2003, 12:06:23 PM »
Hey guys! I searched the internet and found PAX's corporate mailing address and phone and fax numbers. They're below:

Paxson Communications Corporation
601 Clearwater Park Rd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Phone: 561-659-4122
Fax: 561-659-4252

Please folks, I really encourage you to write or call PAX. They read their snail mail, and some emails that you send may not be read (due to the enormous amount they get everyday anyways). I can't stress that enough folks. It'll only take a few minutes, and for our younger fans, please get your parents permission before calling!

Lee
www.angelfire.com/tv2/beattheclock

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2003, 07:58:23 PM »
I hate to say this, Lee and all, but I don't see PAX BtC coming back, at least on PAX. Maybe Fremantle would want to try doing it as a GSN original given the moderate success of Whammy!, as the show's prize budget is somewhat in line with WHammy's, usually around $5K-$10K a show on average.

TonicBH

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2003, 09:01:28 PM »
hate to say this, Lee and all, but I don't see PAX BtC coming back, at least on PAX. Maybe Fremantle would want to try doing it as a GSN original given the moderate success of Whammy!, as the show's prize budget is somewhat in line with WHammy's, usually around $5K-$10K a show on average.

Either GSN or Syndication. At least with Syndication you could try to add more glitzier prizes. Maybe a car? That'd be cool.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

ChuckNet

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2003, 05:20:03 PM »
I hate to say this, Lee and all, but I don't see PAX BtC coming back, at least on PAX. Maybe Fremantle would want to try doing it as a GSN original given the moderate success of Whammy!, as the show's prize budget is somewhat in line with WHammy's, usually around $5K-$10K a show on average.

Yeah, it could work in that regard...BtC rarely saw a grand total of over $10K, at least until mid-season, when they added the \"Golden Ticket\" that doubled a team's cash if grabbed.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")