Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy /Wheel Credits  (Read 2200 times)

bellbm

Jeopardy /Wheel Credits
« on: June 02, 2004, 10:08:35 PM »
I noticed today on Jeopardy! that during the closing credits they did a split screen during a long credit roll?
Have they done this before?  I don't see why they would.  It's not like they are running ads in the other box.

Also, is Wheel of Fortune the only gameshow that doesn't end as soon as the gameplay ends?  Occasionally they used to if the show ran long, but do you think they will ever just play the bonus round, have Vanna come over, and say good bye?  They could probably get one more round in if they did this.

zachhoran

Jeopardy /Wheel Credits
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 10:12:23 PM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 09:08 PM\'] I noticed today on Jeopardy! that during the closing credits they did a split screen during a long credit roll?
Have they done this before?  
Also, is Wheel of Fortune the only gameshow that doesn't end as soon as the gameplay ends? [/quote]
 J! has done the split screens during full credit rolls for the last two or three years. On a couple occasions this season, the left side of the screen would have a clip from a J! "20th anniversary" great moment.

At this point, WOF is the only game show to have no game-related elements in the final segment.

uncamark

Jeopardy /Wheel Credits
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 02:56:15 PM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 09:08 PM\']I noticed today on Jeopardy! that during the closing credits they did a split screen during a long credit roll?
Have they done this before?  I don't see why they would.  It's not like they are running ads in the other box.[/quote]
It's also done to allow stations the opportunity to slip in their anchor on the left side of the screen to promo newscasts and then say before "J!" goes back to full screen "ABCBSNBC 109 Eyewitness Action NewsCenter at 4 starts NOW!"--goodbye credits.  Interestingly enough, in Chicago WLS still does a squeezeback every day on the J! credits, I guess for consistency's sake--they've also now cut out the "J!" audio completely when the anchor comes on and play a cut from whatever Frank Gari package they're currently using underneath the promo.  But that's why they do that--I've long assumed that "H2" does it for the same reason (in fact, someone on another board was surprised that there were outtakes during the "H2" credits, since their station runs promos instead).

And WLS does run "J!" until the Sony whatever-that-shape is stops its undulating.