Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Uh Ohhhhh! Super Millionaire Ratings (5/17)  (Read 1450 times)

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Uh Ohhhhh! Super Millionaire Ratings (5/17)
« on: May 18, 2004, 01:21:36 PM »
Source: Zap2It.com, Fast National Neilsens...
1st Place: "CSI: Miami" scored a 14.5/23 on CBS.
2nd Place: "Super Millionaire" averaged 6.6/11 on ABC.
3rd Place: "Crossing Jordan" rerun came in at 4.2/7 for NBC.

Sanford's Opinion:  The ratings could've been worse.  But it's still early.  Sometimes I often wonder if ABC could at least move this show earlier, to at least 9:00/8:00 Central.   But I know it's a lead-in to late local newscasts.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 01:21:56 PM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

SteveRep

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 01:30:21 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' date=\'May 18 2004, 01:21 PM\'] Source: Zap2It.com, Fast National Neilsens...

Sanford's Opinion:  The ratings could've been worse.  But it's still early.  Sometimes I often wonder if ABC could at least move this show earlier, to at least 9:00/8:00 Central.   But I know it's a lead-in to late local newscasts. [/quote]
 Another factor was that this episode of CSI: Miami was a "crossover" that introduced the characters for next season's CSI: New York series.

But I agree -- 10:00 seems to be a touch too late for Millionaire. I guess they thought it had a better shot against CSI than the second hour of the luke-warm Motown special would have.

weaklink75

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 01:30:37 PM »
I'm not that suprised, because CBS was hyping the CSI episode/pilot for CSI:New York in the fall most of the month. It did beat NBC by a pretty wide margin, but part of that might have been the last minute replacement of The Resturant with a Crossing Jordan rerun. The 6.6 is one of the better numbers ABC has had this month in that timeslot, so I would think they're happy with it.

Timsterino

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 01:31:03 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' date=\'May 18 2004, 01:21 PM\'] Source: Zap2It.com, Fast National Neilsens...

Sanford's Opinion:  The ratings could've been worse.  But it's still early.  Sometimes I often wonder if ABC could at least move this show earlier, to at least 9:00/8:00 Central.   But I know it's a lead-in to late local newscasts. [/quote]
 It did go up against CSI: Miami which happened to introduce the cast of the new series CSI: New York. I am not too surprised at the ratings for Monday. I think many shows would have been clobbered against CSI: Miami last night. ABC probably knew that would happen. Maybe that is why NBC conceeded to CBS with the Crossing Jordan re-run.

Tim :-)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 02:03:05 PM »
During the regular season, ABC is pathetically weak at 10pm virtually every night.  If this had been anything but a filthy little game show, ABC brass would be doing backflips at those numbers opposite a heavily-hyped episode of a popular series.

Right now, it's not about getting the best rating ABC can get for Millionaire.  Obviously, Millionaire would pull better numbers earlier at night.  Right now it's about getting some kind of number at the 10pm hour, and Millionaire takes care of that for them better than their regular shows.  I'm not sure if some of their 10pm slots currently even have regular shows.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 06:56:34 PM »
3rd Place: "Crossing Jordan" rerun came in at 4.2/7 for NBC. [/quote]
 To give some perspective, the New York crossover turned in CSI: Miami's highest rating of the season.  (No doubt CSI: New York will be the biggest hit of 2004-05 season--unless Team Eye slots it Wednesday at 10, at which point, all bets are off.  But I digress.)  But Matt the O has a point.  The last time Team Alphabet rated that high on a Monday was Peter Jennings's expose' on religious figures back in early April.