Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Phone Game 5/16  (Read 971 times)

Esoteric Eric

Millionaire Phone Game 5/16
« on: May 16, 2004, 09:31:55 PM »
Yes, folks; yours truly, "Esoteric" Eric Smallman, got through all five questions on this Sunday afternoon in Seattle.  I picked the 5/20 (Thursday) tape date, so I'll be waiting for a call from New York from 6 - 9 AM PDT on Tuesday.

Granted, my stack wasn't particularly difficult (see further below for my misses on previous nights,) but I'm still fairly psyched about the accomplishment!

Tonight's questions (paraphrased; who's got time to write it all down when you're playing?)

Q1.  Arrange words to form name of group that studies weather:

The - Organization - World - Meteorological

(The World Meteorological Organization)

Q2.  Historical events, from the earliest:

Joan of Arc burned - Roman Empire falls - Spanish Armada defeated - Nagasaki bombed

(Roman - Joan - Armada - Nagasaki)

Q3.  Music venues, east to west:

Preservation Hall - Hollywood Bowl - Carnegie Hall - Grand Ole Opry

(Carnegie [New York City] - Opry [Nashville] - Preservation [New Orleans] - Bowl [Los Angeles])

(Lucked out on this one; I blanked on Preservation Hall.)

Q4.  Settings of TV series, east to west:

Homicide: Life on the Street - Full House - Northern Exposure - ER

(Homicide [Baltimore] -  ER [Chicago] - Full House [San Francisco] - Northern Exposure ["Cicely", AK])

Q5.  Books in reverse order of publication:

"On the Road" - "Of Mice and Men" - "Snow Falling on Cedars" - "O Pioneers!"

("Snow Falling..." - "On the Road" - "Of Mice and Men" - "O Pioneers!")

Esoteric Eric, with his now - final stats for this series:

Q1.  6 / 7
(Thought attorney known as "The King of Torts" was "King of the Torts." Ouch.)

Q2.  4 / 6
(Got the kids on Home Improvement mixed up, marked the oldest one as younger than the Olsen Twins.  Also erred on severity of National Weather Service notices.)

Q3.  3 / 4
(Missed on USDA grades of beef: Commercial - Prime - Standard - Select.  Thought Commercial was below Standard.)

Q4.  2 / 3
(Ballet productions in reverse order?!?!?  Not this boy...)

Q5.  1 / 2
(Organs by weight in average human, highest to lowest:  Kidney - Liver - Spleen - Skin.  I had Skin - Liver - Spleen - Kidney.)

Total  16 / 22
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976