Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Moments  (Read 4954 times)

tvrandywest

Game Show Moments
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2004, 11:15:29 AM »
WTF?

Not only did I see the first of those Game Show Moments specials on VH-1 last night (Thursday) in the wee hours. Now I see an episode from the repurposed NBC show will be repurposed back onto NBC... tonight (Friday). Can ratings for these specials be THAT good? Certainly there's no cheaper hour of TV to re-run except for the old Indian Head test pattern. Still, I don't get it.

But let's hope a bunch of new network game shows go into production, even if for no other reason than to create clips for future "Moments" specials.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Game Show Moments
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2004, 11:24:46 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'May 14 2004, 10:15 AM\'] WTF?

Not only did I see the first of those Game Show Moments specials on VH-1 last night (Thursday) in the wee hours. Now I see an episode from the repurposed NBC show will be repurposed back onto NBC... tonight (Friday). Can ratings for these specials be THAT good? Certainly there's no cheaper hour of TV to re-run except for the old Indian Head test pattern. Still, I don't get it.

But let's hope a bunch of new network game shows go into production, even if for no other reason than to create clips for future "Moments" specials.

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 You may have an outdated TV listing.  TitanTV.com shows that NBC is reairing the final episode of FRASIER followed by a 1:55 DATELINE tonight (USA TODAY's TV grid also reflects such).

Doug -- and the countdown to 500 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvrandywest

Game Show Moments
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2004, 12:45:50 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'May 14 2004, 07:24 AM\'] You may have an outdated TV listing.  TitanTV.com shows that NBC is reairing the final episode of FRASIER followed by a 1:55 DATELINE tonight (USA TODAY's TV grid also reflects such). [/quote]
 From Marc Berman of Mediaweek:

On the Air This Weekend:
Nights 16-18 of the May Sweeps

Friday 5/14/04

ABC:
George Lopez (original and repeat), Hope & Faith (one hour season finale), 20/20

CBS:
Joan Of Arcadia, JAG, Cold Case ®

NBC:
Most Outrageous Game Show Moments ®, Dateline (two hours)

Fox:
Movie: Little Nicky

UPN:
Movie: Angel Eyes

WB:
Reba (season finale followed by three repeats)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Jimmy Owen

Game Show Moments
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2004, 12:56:39 PM »
To borrow a line once said about ABC by the late great Alan King, the schedule changes so much "they are listed in TV Guide in pencil!"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

Game Show Moments
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2004, 12:57:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'May 14 2004, 12:55 PM\'] To borrow a line once said about ABC by the late great Alan King, the schedule changes so much "they are listed in TV Guide in pencil!" [/quote]
 These days, they're outsourcing and teaching the 5 and 6 year olds overseas to write "Various programs".....;)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Game Show Moments
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2004, 01:03:05 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'May 14 2004, 11:45 AM\'] NBC:
Most Outrageous Game Show Moments ®, Dateline (two hours)
 [/quote]
 I guess we'll find out at 8ET/PT.  :)  Nice use of the ® symbol, though.

Doug -- and the countdown to 500 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

sotcfan2004

Game Show Moments
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2004, 01:49:53 PM »
Go to NBC.com .  It sounds like a spur of the moment decision to re-run the series finale of Fraiser instead of MOGSM.