Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $otC Prize Distribution  (Read 1852 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

$otC Prize Distribution
« on: May 07, 2004, 04:28:23 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

I have a question regarding champions who were 11-0 during the "Winner's Board" era of $ale of the Century." When the champion retires, does he or she win the car during the week that he or she wins it all, or does he or she win the car that was offered the day that he or she won the car (assuming that it was done the week previous)?

Just curious. Thanks!

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Don Howard

$otC Prize Distribution
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 04:33:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'May 7 2004, 03:28 PM\'] Good afternoon everyone!

I have a question regarding champions who were 11-0 during the "Winner's Board" era of $ale of the Century." When the champion retires, does he or she win the car during the week that he or she wins it all, or does he or she win the car that was offered the day that he or she won the car (assuming that it was done the week previous)?

Just curious. Thanks!

The Inquisitive One [/quote]
 They get the car they won the day they won the car. Paraphrasing the great Jim Perry, "You'll keep all ten prizes plus THIS!!!! (cue Jay Stewart) $50,000".

starcade

$otC Prize Distribution
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 08:50:43 PM »
Yeah -- remember, Inquisitive, that you could win the car on the first day -- with a WIN card and the one CAR card.

So they would win _that_ car, regardless of when they end up out.  That was one of the announced perks of the WBMG...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
$otC Prize Distribution
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 12:37:42 AM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'May 7 2004, 07:50 PM\'] Yeah -- remember, Inquisitive, that you could win the car on the first day -- with a WIN card and the one CAR card.

So they would win _that_ car, regardless of when they end up out.  That was one of the announced perks of the WBMG... [/quote]
 That wasn't his question at all....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

$otC Prize Distribution
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 03:39:18 AM »
Let's clarify this one:

Say a new champion wins a car on a Friday.  Then s/he reels off 5 victories in a row while a diffrent car was shown the next week.  Another week later, s/he wipes the board clean & wins the $50K while yet another car appears.  Thus, the contestant keeps the car s/he won on his/her 1st day as champion while winning all the other prizes before claiming the $50K on his/her 11th (& final) victory.

Don Howard

$otC Prize Distribution
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 11:15:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 8 2004, 02:39 AM\'] Let's clarify this one:

Say a new champion wins a car on a Friday.  Then s/he reels off 5 victories in a row while a diffrent car was shown the next week.  Another week later, s/he wipes the board clean & wins the $50K while yet another car appears.  Thus, the contestant keeps the car s/he won on his/her 1st day as champion while winning all the other prizes before claiming the $50K on his/her 11th (& final) victory. [/quote]
 Like I said: "They won the car they won the day they won the car".

starcade

$otC Prize Distribution
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 01:10:22 PM »
And, to the poster three above now, what I said too...

I just explained _why_ they made the change -- ostensibly, to make it more exciting, since a 1-time champ could win the luxury car right away.