Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One-shot GS hosts  (Read 3638 times)

Chief-O

One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2004, 09:32:16 PM »
>> Hmm...did that Steve Edwards guy ever do anything besides...uh...whatever that one unsold pilot was? I seem to remember that back when GSN did that marathon, no one had the slightest clue who he was.
"Get Rich Quick" was the pilot they showed. I remember reading on Randy Amasia's site long ago that he did a pilot for Jay Wolpert.....forgot what it was, though.
.....and it goes like this!!!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2004, 09:41:05 PM »
I remember reading on Randy Amasia's site long ago that he did a pilot for Jay Wolpert.....forgot what it was, though.

"Pandemonium." And it was reported here he hosted a pilot for a syndicated version of "Scrabble" around when it went off on NBC.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Craig Karlberg

One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2004, 05:25:16 AM »
I certainly know at least 3 from the NBC ranks:

Vicki Lawerence-Win, Lose or Draw!

Amad Rischad(sp?)-Ceasar's Challenge

Billy Bush-Let's Make A Deal

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2004, 01:11:14 PM »
[quote name=\'kurtinrod62\' date=\'May 6 2004, 02:37 PM\'] Besides Hugh Downs, Betty White, Robert Earle, Henry Polic III, and Elaine Joyce, how many people have hosted only one game show? [/quote]
 Tom Bergeron, Frank Nicetero...that clown that originally hosted "Chain Reaction" on USA, Mike Darrow....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2004, 01:25:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'May 7 2004, 10:11 AM\'] Mike Darrow [/quote]
Wrongo! Mike had the original "Dream House" on ABC long before the "Jackpot" gig. My EOTVGS has a picture of him behind his DH podium welcoming a special guest to the studio, a gentleman named Monty Hall (wearing a sweatshirt with "MONTY" on the front of it in those iron-on letters) who was about to debut a new show on ABC, a little game about trading. It was, um, moderately successful. ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 01:28:04 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2004, 01:27:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'May 7 2004, 12:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'kurtinrod62\' date=\'May 6 2004, 02:37 PM\'] Besides Hugh Downs, Betty White, Robert Earle, Henry Polic III, and Elaine Joyce, how many people have hosted only one game show? [/quote]
Tom Bergeron, Frank Nicetero...that clown that originally hosted "Chain Reaction" on USA, Mike Darrow.... [/quote]
 Mike hosted at least two others. The 1960s Dream House and the first season of The $128,000 Question.
By the way, Don, calling Blake Emmons a clown is an insult to all clowns.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2004, 01:52:48 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 7 2004, 12:25 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'May 7 2004, 10:11 AM\'] Mike Darrow [/quote]
Wrongo! Mike had the original "Dream House" on ABC long before the "Jackpot" gig. My EOTVGS has a picture of him behind his DH podium welcoming a special guest to the studio, a gentleman named Monty Hall (wearing a sweatshirt with "MONTY" on the front of it in those iron-on letters) who was about to debut a new show on ABC, a little game about trading. It was, um, moderately successful. ;) [/quote]
 Damn, didn't know it was the same Mike Darrow.  That game you mentioned?  You must be talking about "Its Anybody's Guess". :)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

David Lawrence

One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2004, 02:22:36 PM »
Add Wally Bruner to the list.

adamjk

One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2004, 03:49:42 PM »
Amad Rischad(sp?)-Ceasar's Challenge

Actually he's hosted more then one game show, if you count the celebrity Mole Hawaii as a game show.

uncamark

One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2004, 03:55:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 7 2004, 12:25 PM\'][quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'May 7 2004, 10:11 AM\'] Mike Darrow [/quote]
Wrongo! Mike had the original "Dream House" on ABC long before the "Jackpot" gig. My EOTVGS has a picture of him behind his DH podium welcoming a special guest to the studio, a gentleman named Monty Hall (wearing a sweatshirt with "MONTY" on the front of it in those iron-on letters) who was about to debut a new show on ABC, a little game about trading. It was, um, moderately successful. ;)[/quote]
Call me Horanic ("YOU'RE HORANIC!"), but that little game wasn't new--it was just new to ABC and moving over from NBC.

Carry on.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2004, 04:40:08 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 7 2004, 12:55 PM\'] Call me Horanic ("YOU'RE HORANIC!"), but that little game wasn't new--it was just new to ABC and moving over from NBC.
 [/quote]
 I had no idea. Perhaps I would do well to actually READ the text accompanyting the pictures in the EOTVGS. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2004, 10:24:55 PM »
And let us not forget John Bartholomew Tucker
(Who? I forgot. Oh, "Treasure Isle.")
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Jimmy Owen

One-shot GS hosts
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2004, 05:36:09 AM »
Would you consider "Supermarket Sweep" and "The Honeymoon Race" the same show?  If so, add Bill Malone to the list of one show hosts.  Also, David Ruprecht of "Supermarket Sweep."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.