The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Just for fun....

<< < (6/7) > >>

Adam Nedeff:

--- Quote ---I was wondering if anyone on this group can come up with a premise for an original game show so incredibly stupid, it's laughable....
--- End quote ---

Once, while delirious from fever and attempting to fall asleep, I came up with a...um...brilliant, let's say...premise for a game show called \"All-Star Damn It!\" that was basically the same as \"Celebrity Sweepstakes, with the exception that if a contestant was behind, they were allowed one chance (and only one chance) to yell \"Damn it!\" The emcee would then read a series of true-false questions with correct answers worth $25 and wrong answers costing $100. Bonus game was the \"Balls Ahoy!\" round, where the contestant stood on a greased platform and tried to answer questions about the celebrities. If they gave a wrong answer, the celebrity threw a dodgeball at them. If the contestant could give 10 correct answers before the end of 45 seconds, or before falling over, whichever came first, they won one of 100 envelopes, which could be hiding anything from an oyster mallet to a somewhat larger oyster mallet.

It was, as I recall, a really bad fever.

J.R.:
Hey, I got this weird idea for a show.

You know shows are allways worried about someone discovering all of the answers and rig the game. Well, the show I've come-up with gives all the contestants the answers outright, but the wrinkls is that they must come up with the answer's question !! Ha-ha Brilliant ! No ?

And maybe we can get that drunk \"Concentration\" dude to host it ?
-Joe R

PeterMarshallFan:
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 07:17 PM\'] Hey, I got this weird idea for a show.

You know shows are allways worried about someone discovering all of the answers and rig the game. Well, the show I've come-up with gives all the contestants the answers outright, but the wrinkls is that they must come up with the answer's question !! Ha-ha Brilliant ! No ?

And maybe we can get that drunk "Concentration" dude to host it ?
-Joe R [/quote]
 I thought that dude did High Rollers.

clemon79:
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 08:17 AM\'] I predict this is going to turn into yet another really idiotic thread. [/quote]
 Yep. I was right.

GS Warehouse:
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 07:17 PM\'] You know shows are allways worried about someone discovering all of the answers and rig the game. Well, the show I've come-up with gives all the contestants the answers outright, but the wrinkls is that they must come up with the answer's question !! Ha-ha Brilliant ! No ? [/quote]
[Simon Cowell]Absolutely dreadful.  Wouldn't last 13 weeks.[/Simcow]

OK, here's my second attempt, also unoriginal: how about that American Goodson concept we batted around at ezBoard?  Right now, we're all losing.

Now if you don't mind, it's time for Hit the Buzzer, Win a Cookie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version