Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Now we know....  (Read 4055 times)

WhammyPower

Now we know....
« on: April 21, 2004, 01:00:46 PM »

uncamark

Now we know....
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 03:12:44 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 12:00 PM\']News Article[/quote]
I guess you're referring to the tune-in promo boxes, but all-in-all, I kinda like the animation in the IDs--and the old graphics package was getting tired.

Also, do note that the logo bug's been made more translucent and unobtrusive as of late--the only time the non-translucent one's being used is on the letterboxed (and probably shot in HD) "Kenny vs. Spenny."

And something I found interesting--I saw "Spy TV" for the first time on the GSN repeats last week and noted that there was no laugh track on the show.  Interestingly enough, every NBC promo for that show had a loud laugh track on it, as does almost every NBC promo for the one-camera/no laugh track "Scrubs."  What's the matter, NBC--can't find another way to hint people that the show's supposed to be funny?  I'm not looking forward to the promos for "The Office."

ObGSN:  Not that "Spy TV"'s funny to begin with.

Mike Tennant

Now we know....
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 03:24:12 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 02:12 PM\']And something I found interesting--I saw "Spy TV" for the first time on the GSN repeats last week and noted that there was no laugh track on the show.  Interestingly enough, every NBC promo for that show had a loud laugh track on it, as does almost every NBC promo for the one-camera/no laugh track "Scrubs."  What's the matter, NBC--can't find another way to hint people that the show's supposed to be funny?[/quote]
At least we know old Mother MacKenzie still has a job.

tommycharles

Now we know....
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 03:24:28 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 02:12 PM\']

And something I found interesting--I saw "Spy TV" for the first time on the GSN repeats last week and noted that there was no laugh track on the show.  Interestingly enough, every NBC promo for that show had a loud laugh track on it, as does almost every NBC promo for the one-camera/no laugh track "Scrubs."  What's the matter, NBC--can't find another way to hint people that the show's supposed to be funny?  I'm not looking forward to the promos for "The Office."

ObGSN:  Not that "Spy TV"'s funny to begin with. [/quote]
 Hang on...is NBC airing the UK show or an American remake?

BrandonFG

Now we know....
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 03:38:12 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 02:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 02:12 PM\']

And something I found interesting--I saw "Spy TV" for the first time on the GSN repeats last week and noted that there was no laugh track on the show.  Interestingly enough, every NBC promo for that show had a loud laugh track on it, as does almost every NBC promo for the one-camera/no laugh track "Scrubs."  What's the matter, NBC--can't find another way to hint people that the show's supposed to be funny?  I'm not looking forward to the promos for "The Office."

ObGSN:  Not that "Spy TV"'s funny to begin with. [/quote]
Hang on...is NBC airing the UK show or an American remake? [/quote]
 Remake, which will probably be just as much of a failure as "Coupling" was.

ObGameShow: NBC ruined Weakest Link.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

Now we know....
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 04:06:24 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 03:12 PM\']
I guess you're referring to the tune-in promo boxes, but all-in-all, I kinda like the animation in the IDs--and the old graphics package was getting tired.
 [/quote]
 Yes, I definitely agree - considering that Game Show Network's old on-air look (with the exception of the "coming up next" with the 3 shows and some other things) had been the same since April 1, 1999....

familyfeudfan

Now we know....
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 11:17:14 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 03:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 03:12 PM\']
 [/quote]
Yes, I definitely agree - considering that Game Show Network's old on-air look (with the exception of the "coming up next" with the 3 shows and some other things) had been the same since April 1, 1999.... [/quote]
Their first graphic package the one with the first logo that is featured in JRJ's Body Language remake was cool.