Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR MDS  (Read 1731 times)

Terry K

TPIR MDS
« on: April 18, 2004, 11:58:21 PM »
I was at the TPIR Teacher MDS yesterday, and I'll post a bit about it, however, as usual, no spoilers.

The set was tasteful. They've done some decoration that has never been done before on the TPIR set, and it looked VERY tasteful and nice.   The turntable was decorated differently as well, and it wasn't a mural/mosiac, it was something totally different, a bit generic but it looked very cool nonetheless.

Barker was at his best.  He was having fun and so were the contestants.  

Roger and Fingers were out there picking the contestants and I will say they did their job quite well.  (Better than the usual two)

The jury is still out on Mr. Fields.  His warmup leaves a lot to be desired, and he seemd to stumble a lot through some of the prize descriptions.

Skynet74

TPIR MDS
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 12:25:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 10:58 PM\']
The jury is still out on Mr. Fields.  His warmup leaves a lot to be desired, and he seemd to stumble a lot through some of the prize descriptions. [/quote]

This is the sort of report that's going to leave Randy West shaking his head while asking the question...... WHY?  

Then again, if Stuttering John can get the Tonight Show gig, then I guess anything is possible! What a crazy world Show Business is.

John
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 12:27:33 PM by Skynet74 »

SplitSecond

TPIR MDS
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 01:36:27 PM »
I say we should all make a concerted effort to remind Randy that he didn't get the job at every possible turn.  Who's with me?

cmjb13

TPIR MDS
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 01:39:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 12:25 PM\'][quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 10:58 PM\']
The jury is still out on Mr. Fields.  His warmup leaves a lot to be desired, and he seemd to stumble a lot through some of the prize descriptions. [/quote]

This is the sort of report that's going to leave Randy West shaking his head while asking the question...... WHY?  

Then again, if Stuttering John can get the Tonight Show gig, then I guess anything is possible! What a crazy world Show Business is.

John[/quote]
Randy was supposed to announce one of the weeks when I was there last year.

Turns out, the weeks were swapped and Mr. Richardson filled in.

Too bad, I'll never see Randy's warm-up. (or at least the TPIR one)

Damn you Burton!
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Timsterino

TPIR MDS
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 02:39:01 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 01:39 PM\'] Too bad, I'll never see Randy's warm-up. (or at least the TPIR one)

Damn you Burton! [/quote]
 Randy was a pro. I was fortunate enough (with no pre-planning) to just happen to be in the audience for Randy's first show as a TPiR announcer and it seemed like he was doing it forever. Randy is the best.

Tim :-)

PeterMarshallFan

TPIR MDS
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 06:21:56 PM »
The jury is still out on Mr. Fields. His warmup leaves a lot to be desired, and he seemd to stumble a lot through some of the prize descriptions.

Randy was a pro. I was fortunate enough (with no pre-planning) to just happen to be in the audience for Randy's first show as a TPiR announcer and it seemed like he was doing it forever. Randy is the best.

Here's a hint, guys.

RICH WAS HIRED. GET OVER IT!

If Fremantle tried to intentionally [or unintentionally] hire a bad announcer [like Daniel "Don Roseman" Rosen] Barker would probably have their heads before Rosen got the job.

Also, Randy has been doing game show announcing for 11 YEARS. Rich is a rookie. Of course it's so fun to beat up on the rookie.

If you guys want to stop watching TPiR just because Randy didn't get the job, go right ahead. I will continue watching because I like the show regardless of who's announcing [unless it's Rosen]

I think my new killfile will be used judiciously on "Fremantle made a mistake! Rich sucks! Fire him and get Randy!" posts in the future......

[Oh, and if I come off as surprisingly blunt in this post, please forgive me. I'm not feeling well tonight]

aaron sica

TPIR MDS
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 07:33:49 PM »
I don't think you came off as blunt......I agree with you....

I honestly think Randy's dealing with his not getting the gig much, much better than a lot of you are...

tyshaun1

TPIR MDS
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 07:57:34 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 06:33 PM\'] I don't think you came off as blunt......I agree with you....

I honestly think Randy's dealing with his not getting the gig much, much better than a lot of you are... [/quote]
 Yeah, and I'm sure we've all been turned down for jobs before because we're "overqualified"*. So this just happens to be on a public scale.

Tyshaun

(*Who knows what "overqualified" really means, but is just trying to make a point. :))