Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 100 Mexicanos Dejorn(sorry for mistakes) question  (Read 1799 times)

adamjk

100 Mexicanos Dejorn(sorry for mistakes) question
« on: April 10, 2004, 04:25:46 PM »
I was just wondering if the Mexican version of the Feud, could ever come to the States, with english subtitles. I would really like to see it.

rugrats1

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 04:43:11 PM »
It's already in the states, on the Telefutura channel -- weeknights at 7PM ET (a full hour). No subtitles, though.

adamjk

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 04:44:38 PM »
I know, but I meant besides that.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 10 2004, 01:44 PM\'] I know, but I meant besides that. [/quote]
 It COULD happen, in the sense that the technology exists for them to do so. I wouldn't hold my breath, tho.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

starcade

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 05:44:37 PM »
No, but, just like me, you have to learn some Spanish...

Of course, my question is:

Doesn't it seem like "Dinero Rapido" is a lot more difficult on 100MD than it is/was on American FF???

jdhernandez

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 06:00:41 AM »
Ya know, with all these requests, I am OH SO TEMPTED to translate an upcoming episode in full, and maybe some others I already DVD'ed. Also, I don't know if it would ever include subtitles, because this is primarily....A Mexicano show. I guarantee, some of the questions...you probably won't get at all unless you lived there, or really know your Mexican geography. =P

...and heck yes, Dinero Rapido can get extremely tough, since it seems moreso on this version that a few of the numero uno responses are in the 15-25 Mexicanos range.

Besides, chances are if you watch this show enough...you're bound to learn SOME Spanish, and pick up a few choice phrases. =D
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 09:54:28 PM »
Translated DVDs?  That would be interesting...if the project takes off, let me know!  BTW, how many eps. do you have on DVD, and which seasons?

Regarding DR...while there are some "smaller" #1 answers, I've noticed that some questions have #1 answers in the 60s and 70s on occasion.  But yeah, there's been MANY close losses too.  BTW, on a semi-related question...anyone got an idea of the official range of points that can be earned with a "Puntas Extra" lollipop?  (I've only seen 5's appear myself)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 11:49:31 PM »
Well on today's hour, it seems that both things I talked about came to light!  There was a 199 loss in DR (causr the last answer was a 0), but the second DR was saved by a 20 point extra (so we know it goes up to 20 now)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

WorldClassRob

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 10:18:46 PM »
If anything, the only subtitles you will see on Telefutura is the conversion of Mexican Pesos to United States Dollars.

And if you convert 100,000 pesos to the USD today, you're looking at less than $10,000.

starcade

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2004, 07:23:34 PM »
Actually, I was thinking another direction on the toughness of Dinero Rapido:

It almost seems like you either get questions you can't possibly get 40 between the top 2 answers of, or you have to get the #1 answer (for about 60-70 points, I think I've seen a 72) or you basically get a 0.

I've seen more than a couple Dinero Rapidos with like 3-5 0's and a couple of 2's.