Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mr. Game Show  (Read 5902 times)

gameshowhost1

Mr. Game Show
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2004, 10:07:25 PM »
I have Mr. Game Show sitting atop a shelf in my "game room," a room with hundreds of board games, many from the tv quiz shows.  He's the first thing one would see coming into the room.  The box is a bit torn and I haven't actually had batteries in him for years.
Ernie
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 10:07:54 PM by gameshowhost1 »

jrjgames

Mr. Game Show
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »
I have one! ;)

DJDustman

Mr. Game Show
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2004, 10:34:39 PM »
There was an episode of Hollywood Squares 1986 where a Mr Game Show was showcased and there was a question on how much it would cost. It was $90 back then.  It was a hilarious episode on the same week where Alf hosted.

zachhoran

Mr. Game Show
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2004, 10:46:18 PM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 09:34 PM\'] There was an episode of Hollywood Squares 1986 where a Mr Game Show was showcased and there was a question on how much it would cost. It was $90 back then.  It was a hilarious episode on the same week where Alf hosted. [/quote]
 And the Mr. Game SHow was given away as a prize on Finders Keepers on a few occasions.

whewfan

Mr. Game Show
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2004, 05:25:08 AM »
I still have the console myself, but Gus himself has yet to be found. Oh well, you don't really NEED the Wink Martindale lookalike to play anyway.

I've posted about Mr. Game Show before, but I personally found him to be a big disappointment. When I bought the toy, it was already going at half price, $40, but it cost $10 just for batteries!

Mr Game Show had no volume control, and when I turned the game on, I discovered it was VERY VERY LOUD.

GS Warehouse already posted it's various and often repetitive phrases, and it's obvious Gus Glitz attended the John Davidson School of Game Show Hosting. "Great Entertainment" indeed...

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools I Went To
Mr. Game Show
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2004, 12:28:23 PM »
i tried to find one on ebay but had no luck finding one; i'll have to try again some other time.
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"