Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New GAS Schedule, Shows are Dropped...  (Read 8996 times)

gsfan85

New GAS Schedule, Shows are Dropped...
« on: April 05, 2004, 05:50:07 PM »
Hey everyone,

GAS likes to make MAJOR updates to schedule without informing any viewer before hand.  The new weekend schedule seems similiar, but the new weekday schedule is TOTALLY different...

(All Times Eastern)
6AM-Nick Arcade
6:30-Nickelodeon GUTS
7AM-Legends of the Hidden Temple
7:30-Legends of the Hidden Temple
8AM-Nickelodeon GUTS
8:30-Nickelodeon GUTS
9AM-Figure It Out
9:30-Figure It Out
10AM-Pumping GAS
            Legends of the Hidden Temple, Finders Keepers, Global GUTS, Super Sloppy Double Dare, Figure It Out
12PM-You're On!
12:30-You're On!
1PM-Get the Picture
1:30-Get the Picture
2PM-Double Dare
2:30-Super Sloppy Double Dare (1987 Weekend Version)
3PM-Pumping GAS
            Get the Picture, Nickelodeon GUTS, Figure It Out, Finders Keepers, Legends of the Hidden Temple
5PM-Get the Picture
5:30-Family Double Dare
6PM-Global GUTS
6:30-Finders Keepers
7PM-Double Dare 2000
7:30-Family Double Dare
8-9PM (VARIOUS)-Check Yahoo TV for Details
9PM-Family Double Dare
9:30-You're On!
10PM-Pumping GAS
            Legends of the Hidden Temple, Finders Keepers, Global GUTS, Super Sloppy Double Dare, Figure It Out
12-2AM (VARIOUS)-Check Yahoo TV for Details
2AM-Pumping GAS
            Get the Picture, Nickelodeon GUTS, Figure It Out, Finders Keepers, Legends of the Hidden Temple
4AM-Nick Arcade
4:30-Nick Arcade
5AM-Finders Keepers
5:30-Finders Keepers

What Would You Do? and Classic Wild & Crazy Kids have been off the schedule along with the awful game show Game Farm for a while now.  However, as of today, GAS no longer airs Think Fast and Make the Grade.  They air enough airings of other shows, that I'd think they could forfeit some times for 2 classic Nick game shows.  And yes, I checked the weekend schedule as well, the two shows do not air then either.

Adam

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 06:08:36 PM »
That schedule is a mess IMO. Way too much GUTS.....

It doesn't help that I actually LIKED Think Fast and Make the Grade...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 06:10:02 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

gsfan85

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 06:42:49 PM »
Something else to think about.  There are now 2 episodes of You're On! that air 7 days a week.  That is 14 episodes a week.  There are only 26 episodes of the entire series.  Let's do some math.  That means it will take less than 2 weeks to get through the entire series.  With 4 weeks in a month, the series will repeat twice in a month.  12 months in a year, each episode will repeat 24 times in a year.

Pretty pathetic, when there is an incredible collection of episodes of Think Fast, Make the Grade, What Would You Do and Wild & Crazy Kids which they don't use.

Adam

daveromanjr

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 07:32:49 PM »
Talk about going down the tubes!  I loved the morning block of early nick classics... but maybe they'll be back on the next change.

I, for one, never liked GUTS mainly cause I'm not into sports.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 07:37:28 PM by daveromanjr »

gsfan85

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 07:39:52 PM »
When Nick GAS first came on in March of 99, I was SHOCKED when I saw the schedule.  All these shows that were such rarities to trade for, were all airing on this station.  Nobody ever thought they would see Finders Keepers or Make the Grade airing again.  

For some reason, I had a feeling these two shows wouldn't be on for long.  They are the only two shows that really never had a popular spot on the network.  

I'm lucky I taped them when I did I guess, I have a feeling they'll be back at some point.  I think the double run of all the morning shows is dumb, considering all those shows are repeated MANY other times throughout the day.  It's cool having DD and SSDD back to back, and I must say it was cool seeing SSDD 1987 back on the schedule.

Adam

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 07:51:30 PM »
I recall seeing the original Nick GAS schedule archived in ATGS once....IIRC, Think Fast and Make the Grade didn't have permanent slots then either. Considering that they grossly over-run You're On, I'd think they could place Make the Grade and Think Fast in one of those slots.

gsfan85

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 07:54:17 PM »
I'd be interesting in seeing that schedule.  I tried pulling it up, but I couldn't find it when I searched.  Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks!
Adam

PeterMarshallFan

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 05:39:09 AM »
Wow!  2 of my favoritte kids shows are gone.  Make The Grade & Wild And Crazy Kids.  I especially LOVED W&CK because they were shot at various places from shopping malls to ice arenas to soccer fields, even a ski resort was once used as a location.  It was fun while it lasted.

gsfan85

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 01:15:50 PM »
The new version of WACK with Mati Moralejo is still on.  However, it airs all the time, and it only lasted for 10 episodes (one for some reason, that GAS does not even air).  

It gets VERY repetitive.  The old version of WACK hasn't been on the network for at least a year and a half.

Adam

JayC

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 07:27:16 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 12:15 PM\'] The new version of WACK with Mati Moralejo is still on.  However, it airs all the time, and it only lasted for 10 episodes (one for some reason, that GAS does not even air).  

It gets VERY repetitive.  The old version of WACK hasn't been on the network for at least a year and a half.

Adam [/quote]
 I HATED the new Wild and Crazy Kids.  Most boring and worthless show Nick has aired since The Brothers Flub.  I wasn't surprised at all it was canceled so quickly.  Original was a whole lot better.

gsfan85

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2004, 07:30:04 PM »
I figured I should write this on this topic since it seems related.  Has anyone ever seen "Total Panic" or "Outta Here!"?  Both shows seem like shows GAS SHOULD be airing, but aren't.  Panic was a weekly show hosted by Greg Lee, and from what it looks like Outta Here! seemed like an audience participation show, very similar to What Would You Do? and possibly You're On.  

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has ever seen these.  I loved old school Nick, but have no memories of these two shows.

Adam

GS Warehouse

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 11:43:24 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 06:30 PM\'] I figured I should write this on this topic since it seems related.  Has anyone ever seen "Total Panic" or "Outta Here!"?  Both shows seem like shows GAS SHOULD be airing, but aren't.  Panic was a weekly show hosted by Greg Lee, and from what it looks like Outta Here! seemed like an audience participation show, very similar to What Would You Do? and possibly You're On.  

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has ever seen these.  I loved old school Nick, but have no memories of these two shows. [/quote]
 I remember both shows very well (I [heart]ed Outta Here! co-host Tiffany Hunter).  But for TP, you didn't mention Molly Scott (ObGS: Before TP, she was the "pin-girl" on the one-time Nick-at-Nite show Kingpins).

I don't have Nick GAS now, but I will likely be moving later this spring, and it is on the equivalent digital cable tier to the one I have now.  Why do I have the distinct feeling that by the time I do move, all the good stuff on NGAS will be gone?

gsfan85

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 01:15:11 AM »
Believe me, GAS is still AWESOME.  Get the Picture, all the Double Dare versions, Finders Keepers.  There are just some of the better more rare shows they decided to take off.  However, the way GAS runs, don't expect for them to be gone for too long.

Anyone have any footage of Outta Here or Total Panic?  The shows seem interesting.

Adam

uncamark

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 03:35:14 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 06:30 PM\']I figured I should write this on this topic since it seems related.  Has anyone ever seen "Total Panic" or "Outta Here!"?  Both shows seem like shows GAS SHOULD be airing, but aren't.  Panic was a weekly show hosted by Greg Lee, and from what it looks like Outta Here! seemed like an audience participation show, very similar to What Would You Do? and possibly You're On.  [/quote]
"Total Panic" was basically an attempt by Nick to update "Wonderama," with a variety show format featuring games, music videos, guests, cartoons, etc.  Two segments were reworked elements of the "Rated K" (the junior Siskel and Ebert show) and "Nick Rocks" (videos) shows.

The potential problem with "Total Panic," beyond the fact that the early shows were pretty dire (the guy who Greg Lee replaced as male host, whose name I don't remember, was really bad--Greg was originally the announcer), is that they would have to be severely reformatted to air today.  There's so much dated material in those shows that would be hard to get around, not to mention the 5-6 minute holes in the shows for cartoons--Nicktoon episodes last 12 minutes and I don't think Nick currently owns *any* acquired cartoons with 5-6 minute lengths (in the original, "Bananaman," 60s Paramount shorts and one of those British series with a narrator doing all of the speaking which title I forgot--vintage Warners cartoons ran on the premiere show, which aired on a Saturday, but someone pointed out that ABC had exclusive rights to Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings, they were never seen on "Total Panic" again).

Perhaps they could remedy this by turning to Viacom-owned Terrytoons, making Silly Sidney and Dinky Duck popular among certain kids again.  Naah, wouldn't happen.  And of course, there's probably lots of dated material in those "Double Dare" reruns on Nick GAS already.