Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Horse is a Horse....of course of course  (Read 5418 times)

tvwxman

A Horse is a Horse....of course of course
« on: April 02, 2004, 01:50:59 PM »
From TV Week....GSN Bets on Ponies: GSN will air a six-episode reality series about horse racing, the network announced Friday. Titled "The American Dream Derby," the series gives six racing fans a chance to own, train and race a thoroughbred.

"Horse racing has always been a part of America's culture, but with the recent popularity of 'Seabiscuit' and the tremendous success of reality programs allowing contestants to 'live the dream,' the time is right for this series," said GSN President and CEO Rich Cronin.

For the final race, viewers in states where it is legal will be able to place bet online for the race. #
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

DrBear

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 01:57:18 PM »
And if it threatens to flop, they can add celebrities and call it "Celebrity Sweepstakes."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 04:17:27 PM »
yeah, this idea sounds really really dumb to me.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 04:27:03 PM »
Not a bad idea...on paper. Horse racing is slightly interesting, but not that interesting.

But what if, just what if...this were done with Nascar? How many people would watch then, I wonder...
insert signature here

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 04:37:47 PM »
Yawn...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 04:47:02 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Apr 2 2004, 02:27 PM\'] Not a bad idea...on paper. Horse racing is slightly interesting, but not that interesting.

But what if, just what if...this were done with Nascar? How many people would watch then, I wonder... [/quote]
 One. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

1978-Jeopardy

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 07:23:33 PM »
blech. Ick. Yuck.

Yeah, that sums it up.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 07:24:56 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 2 2004, 04:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Apr 2 2004, 02:27 PM\'] Not a bad idea...on paper. Horse racing is slightly interesting, but not that interesting.

But what if, just what if...this were done with Nascar? How many people would watch then, I wonder... [/quote]
One. ;) [/quote]
 Yeah -- the guy who couldn't change the channel because he fell asleep during the horse racing show.

Brakus

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 07:45:59 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Apr 2 2004, 01:50 PM\'] From TV Week....GSN Bets on Ponies: GSN will air a six-episode reality series about horse racing, the network announced Friday. Titled "The American Dream Derby," the series gives six racing fans a chance to own, train and race a thoroughbred.

"Horse racing has always been a part of America's culture, but with the recent popularity of 'Seabiscuit' and the tremendous success of reality programs allowing contestants to 'live the dream,' the time is right for this series," said GSN President and CEO Rich Cronin.

For the final race, viewers in states where it is legal will be able to place bet online for the race. # [/quote]
 Good idea, wrong network.

It'd be more fitting for a SPORTS network to pick it up (ESPN, Fox Sports Net, etc.). It'd be more appropriate if TVG or HRTV (two cable networks dedicated to horse racing) would pick them up.

But GSN? Ummm, no.
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

Brakus

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 07:48:33 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Apr 2 2004, 04:27 PM\'] Not a bad idea...on paper. Horse racing is slightly interesting, but not that interesting. [/quote]
 My God. There are way too many kids (under 21) on this forum.

For those that take an interest in horse racing -- namely those that are willing to go through the handicapping process, the money management, betting strategy, etc -- then it *might* be an interesting show. But it's on the wrong network. Leave the sports to ESPN and their ilk.
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 10:13:45 PM »

You know what...I have had it up to here with some members of this board's attitudes on younger people. Yes I made a grammatical error- and I should have changed it. But get off your damn high horse and stop acting like the people who are under 21 are blithering idots. Many of them have interesting things to say.

BTW, I am 21 as of August 2003.
insert signature here

dzinkin

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 10:50:48 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Apr 3 2004, 10:13 PM\']

You know what...I have had it up to here with some members of this board's attitudes on younger people. Yes I made a grammatical error- and I should have changed it. But get off your damn high horse and stop acting like the people who are under 21 are blithering idots. Many of them have interesting things to say.

BTW, I am 21 as of August 2003. [/quote]
 As we saw on ATGS, age and maturity aren't one and the same.  You have nothing to apologize for.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2004, 10:53:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Apr 3 2004, 07:48 PM\'] My God. There are way too many kids (under 21) on this forum. [/quote]
 You really need to get over yourself.

Brandon Brooks

Brakus

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 12:07:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Apr 3 2004, 10:53 PM\'] You really need to get over yourself. [/quote]
 Since when did I change my name to Chris Lemon? Yeesh. You must have me mixed up with somebody else.

It would help if some people would stop acting like it should only be for people under 21. If you can't act mature enough to handle some of the material on this board, then at least fake it 'til you make it.

ObGameShow: It *would* be difficult to do a show on horse racing without some aspect of the betting interest included.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 12:49:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Apr 3 2004, 10:07 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Apr 3 2004, 10:53 PM\'] You really need to get over yourself. [/quote]
Since when did I change my name to Chris Lemon? Yeesh. You must have me mixed up with somebody else.
 [/quote]
 Wow. And I didn't even tell YOU you were being an overbearing schmuck anywhere in this thread.

Hey, look at that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe