Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Studio shows on which there was no logo  (Read 5294 times)

Jimmy Owen

Studio shows on which there was no logo
« on: March 31, 2004, 07:39:24 AM »
Watching my tape of "The Love Experts," I noticed no on-set logo for the show.  Any other examples?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

rugrats1

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 07:57:11 AM »
One other show that comes to mind is "Win Lose or Draw" -- no on-set logo, other than the one that was displayed on-screen at the start and end of each show.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 08:01:50 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 07:57 AM\'] One other show that comes to mind is "Win Lose or Draw" -- no on-set logo, other than the one that was displayed on-screen at the start and end of each show. [/quote]
 I think the cards displaying the words/puzzles to be played had a WLOD logo on them ,at least for some of the run.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 11:00:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 07:39 AM\'] Watching my tape of "The Love Experts," I noticed no on-set logo for the show.  Any other examples? [/quote]
Marshall HSq and the first two seasons of Bergeron's*...they added a floor logo starting in the 2000 season. Ditto for Louie's Feud...they added a floor logo* in their third season as well.

70s LMaD comes to mind as well.

*I don't count putting the logo on a video monitor as an on-set logo, per se.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bricon

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 11:05:48 AM »
I don't believe there was a logo on the "Hot Streak" set.

Neumms

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 11:16:46 AM »
The original "Twenty One?" "The $64,000 Question?" Wink's "High Rollers."

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 11:21:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 11:16 AM\'] The original "Twenty One?" "The $64,000 Question?" Wink's "High Rollers." [/quote]
Would a contestant having 21 on their scoreboard count as a logo? ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

irismason42

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 03:10:11 PM »
And Body Language doesn't even have a on-set logo neither does the Black and White episodes of the panel shows and not even Password.

Tony

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 03:16:30 PM »
IIRC, The $10,000 Pyramid didn't have its logo on the set anywhere (at least during the original CBS run, possibly during the entire run of the "orange" set).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 03:16:50 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 01:10 PM\'] And Body Language doesn't even have a on-set logo neither does the Black and White episodes of the panel shows and not even Password. [/quote]
 Sure Password did. Wasn't much of one, but it had that small Password logo at the top of the set, dinnit?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 03:29:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 07:39 AM\'] Watching my tape of "The Love Experts," I noticed no on-set logo for the show.  Any other examples? [/quote]
 I don't recall anything on Diamond Head....not that anyone cares.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 04:15:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 03:16 PM\'][quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 01:10 PM\'] And Body Language doesn't even have a on-set logo neither does the Black and White episodes of the panel shows and not even Password. [/quote]
Sure Password did. Wasn't much of one, but it had that small Password logo at the top of the set, dinnit?[/quote]
Oh, yeah.

And while we're at it, even if it didn't match the logo in the titles or credits, the title of "WML?" was on the panel's table for years, with the sponsor over it.  And even though you rarely saw it on television, photos reveal that the sets of the 60s all had a logo sign center stage over the cast's entrance/blackboard (and in the last years, when there were no more rotating single sponsors, there was a "WML?" logo directly over the blackboard).

And on "IGAS," there always was a sign center stage with the title on it, even if once again it didn't match the current logo (like that Robert Rowe Paddock monstrosity with all of the question marks).

And the words "To Tell the Truth" were always over the panelists' heads, whether they were stage left or stage right.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 04:27:39 PM »
The original and best version of "It Takes Two"--which debuted on this very date in 1969--had no logo except for the occasional item they brought out on stage pertaining to the question that had the show's name on it, though usually not in the show's official font.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Gus

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 05:16:51 PM »
Nobody's mentioned Wheel of Fortune?

And how 'bout Card Sharks? Definitely the 80s version, but what about the 70's version, because if I'm not mistaken, the little sign rose to the ceiling after the intro sequence. As did Match Game.

And if we're not counting logos on cards, we could count Russian Roulette, as could we the current season of Lingo, I think. I haven't seen it many times, and I don't think there's a logo as there was the other two sets.

Did Tattletales have the logo on-set, or was it just the big bunch of T's? I don't remember.

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 05:30:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 05:16 PM\'] Did Tattletales have the logo on-set, or was it just the big bunch of T's? I don't remember. [/quote]
I remember seeing a big TT logo towards the left part of the set. I want to say it's where the husbands/wives sat for isolation.