Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where Are They Now?  (Read 13514 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Where Are They Now?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 04:00:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 12:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 01:45 AM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 10:02 PM\'] Two others still not mentioned: Summer Sanders, last seen on NBA Inside Stuff (did she survive the transition from NBC to ESPN?) [/quote]
Following up on Matt's very astute comments about doing yer freakin' legwork, if you'd taken the twelve seconds it takes to load up NBA.COM, then the four more it takes to click the "Inside Stuff" link on the front page, you'd know that it's still her and Ahmad. [/quote]
Oh sure, lord it over those of us on dialup that you've got a nice fast Internet connection.  :-p
 [/quote]
 Actually I was converting loosely to 56K dialup times. Page came up for me in about four. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

HYHYBT

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 10:31:09 PM »
She was also featured on one of the pilots for To Tell The Truth '90 in a One On One segment. She is a "screamer" for the movies, dubbing in screaming for Kate Capshaw in Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, for example. I don't recall if they ever used her on an aired show.

In case anyone cares, she was.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

tommycharles

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2004, 11:56:25 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 11:02 AM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 10:58 AM\']
Very honorable of you.  It probably looks to many as though I overreacted, but I've just got a thing about research and getting correct information out there. 

My one piece of advice -- worded more politely -- is to be careful about making blanket statements like "his current whereabouts are unknown" without checking first. (It hardly took a "massive" amount of effort.)  You could say something like "I don't know anything more about him", but that gets into an entirely different issue of whether to bother to post at all. [/quote]
Doing a Google Advanced Groups Search using ATGS can be a big help to find out game show information, certainly. But I believe there is no archive for our six month stay on Ezboard, correct? [/quote]
 Well...you can still access the board itself and read old posts if you would want to.

tommycharles

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2004, 11:59:25 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 12:04 PM\'] Larry Toffler: actor, screenplay writer
 [/quote]
 Is this the same Larry Toffler that showed up on Russian Roulette as a fitness instructor?

PeterMarshallFan

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2004, 09:49:23 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 12:59 AM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 12:04 PM\'] Larry Toffler: actor, screenplay writer
 [/quote]
Is this the same Larry Toffler that showed up on Russian Roulette as a fitness instructor? [/quote]
 I haven't seen the episode, but I've heard that it was him....

aaron sica

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 10:32:59 AM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 03:09 PM\'] Where are they now, huh? Can I Play?, I got a good one! :-).

As we already known Donald Trump is the host of "The Apprentince" ("Your'e Fired!" [oh, were gonna have to pay royalities for that one now, are we?) but 14 years earlier he put on the air a game show called "Trump Card".  The host of that show was not "The Trumpster" rather a former NFL player named Jimmy Cefalo. For my friends who live in Broward, Dade, or Monroe county here in Florida you already know what happened to him. Although for those who aren't, check out this link...

http://html.click10.com/mia/insidewplg/per...718-143120.html [/quote]
 Not to mention that Cefalo hails from the same area this year's GSC is coming from....

BrandonFG

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2004, 01:44:27 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 08:49 AM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 12:59 AM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 12:04 PM\'] Larry Toffler: actor, screenplay writer
 [/quote]
Is this the same Larry Toffler that showed up on Russian Roulette as a fitness instructor? [/quote]
I haven't seen the episode, but I've heard that it was him.... [/quote]
 He was also a contestant on Greed, wasn't he?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GS Warehouse

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2004, 03:12:24 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 12:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 08:49 AM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 12:59 AM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 12:04 PM\'] Larry Toffler: actor, screenplay writer
 [/quote]
I haven't seen the episode, but I've heard that it was him.... [/quote]
He was also a contestant on Greed, wasn't he? [/quote]
 Warning: Useless Trivia Alert!  Toffler was the captain of the only group in Greed history to pass on two Terminator challenges.  He and four other men went on to take home $100,000 each.

Toffler was also a contestant on Debt.

sshuffield70

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2004, 06:58:59 PM »
Concerning the original post:  Wasn't Michelle Roth later on one of the shopping channels.  I keep thinking QVC (but then again, we also had HSN and FNN's Telshop.)

zachhoran

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 07:18:14 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 05:58 PM\'] Concerning the original post:  Wasn't Michelle Roth later on one of the shopping channels.  I keep thinking QVC (but then again, we also had HSN and FNN's Telshop.) [/quote]
 She was announcing FNN/Score's game show Time Out for Trivia, around the same time she did Crosswits.

brianhenke

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 08:47:59 PM »
Wesley Eure

He's got something to do with Dragon Tales on PBS, I presume.

Brian

Iowa is the North Star State?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions - and the Rock was there today!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

sshuffield70

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2004, 11:33:15 AM »
That was it!  So it was Score.  I knew it was one of those.

(BTW, FNN merged into CNBC in the 90s.  And that's when CNBC took off.)

uncamark

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2004, 11:45:10 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 05:58 PM\']Concerning the original post:  Wasn't Michelle Roth later on one of the shopping channels.  I keep thinking QVC (but then again, we also had HSN and FNN's Telshop.)[/quote]
'twas TelShop.

TelShop was my introduction to shopping programming, since it was on overnights on one of the UHF stations in Chicago before I got cable and before HSN took over channel 60.  In retrospect, it was much quirkier in presentation and outlook then HSN and most of the other shopping shows--Michelle was extremely soft-sell much of the time (which made for a great late-night soundtrack, if you get my drift), and Todd Donaho and the other guy on the show whose full name I forget (he was John) did a *lot* of winking at the camera about the quality of what they were selling.  Quite a difference from HSN's stridency when they came into Chicago broadcast.

joe_capitano

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2004, 01:04:30 AM »
You're thinking about John Darin, who was a frequent sight in infomercials as well (not always as Darin).

Speaking of GS connections, one Pirie Jones was a TelShop host. IIRC, she was one of the models on the disaster that was Bargain Hunters. And, of course, Todd was the "Commissioner of Sports Trivia" when it was good to take Time Out for Trivia.

uncamark

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2004, 03:15:34 PM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 12:04 AM\']Speaking of GS connections, one Pirie Jones was a TelShop host. IIRC, she was one of the models on the disaster that was Bargain Hunters. [/quote]
Pirie Jones used to be *all over* cable.  If she wasn't doing "TelShop" (I still remember that "finger snap" promo that ran on FNN), she was hosting on MovieTime, the predecessor to E! (along with some guy named Greg Kinnear), she was one of the first hosts of Encore in their early days (along with some guy named Mark DeCarlo), hosting on the Fashion Channel (or style. 15 years ahead of its time) or doing an infomercial.

And while Googling Pirie, I just happen to uncover this article (WARNING:  PDF file) that discloses that Pirie introduced one of our least favorite hosts to his wife.  Aw.