Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You're Fired....  (Read 1716 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
You're Fired....
« on: March 28, 2004, 01:34:09 AM »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JamesVipond

You're Fired....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 12:20:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 01:34 AM\']http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20040327/...G=home&SEC=news

Draw your own conclusions...[/quote]
I personally don't care how popular Donald Trump's TV show is. If I saw that slogan on a billboard here in South Dakota, and it didn't identify The Apprentice, I'd get the wrong impression. And heaven help us all if Mr. Trump's trademark applications are approved!
"He has big eyes ... and they're BLUE!"

-- a boy describing Bill Cullen on Child's Play

TheInquisitiveOne

You're Fired....
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 01:30:58 PM »
Another pure case of someone believing his own hype.

I'd be careful if I were Donald Trump, because with a meteoric rise like this, there's only one direction he can go...

The Inquisitive One, wondering how someone can trademark something that has been, is now, and always will be said in the workplace
This is the Way.

Brandon Brooks

You're Fired....
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 01:58:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 01:30 PM\'] I'd be careful if I were Donald Trump, because with a meteoric rise like this, there's only one direction he can go... [/quote]
 I hope you understand that on the scale of Trump's moneymakers, this show is really unimportant.  A man who is worth a couple of billion is not going to fall from grace from a show he made $6 million off of.

Brandon Brooks

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
You're Fired....
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 02:57:19 PM »
Except that, as we've learned from the Martha Stewart mockery / trial, a corporation's stock price is largely tied more to impressions than to fiscal reality.  One of those impressions is the image put out by the head of your company.  If Trump's public image loses value, so does his corporation.  By extension, so does his net worth, since it's heavily tied into the stock value.

Comparing his December stock price to what it is now (ticker symbol: DJT), he's more than doubled the value of that company, no doubt in large part to this second coming of his celebrity.  So, yes, he has someplace to "fall".

Then again, maybe I'm just bitter that I didn't invest in Trump before the show started.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 03:03:00 PM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."