Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contestants Surrendering Game Show Winnings  (Read 5713 times)

BrentW

Contestants Surrendering Game Show Winnings
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2004, 07:29:05 PM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Well that explains it.  He didn't win crap.  :)  I AM SO HAPPY.  He lost.  I don't mean to be gleeful, but being lucky enough to get picked for JEP! THEN getting the call for Millionaire...well..that's enough good luck for one person..I'm sorry!  :)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2004, 07:48:10 PM »
And thus ends today's episode of "The Point is Moot." Bye-bye everybody.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2004, 04:52:14 AM »
Before I "officially" sign off on this topic, I just want to thank all those who made this topic a very intresting one.  

My final comment:  Sure he left J! with only a $2,000 consolation prize which is very easy to surrender given he won 250 times more money on Super Millionaire.  But, it's the experience that counts.  The lesson here:  Don't try to make too much of a spectacle of yourself.  You're only fooling yourself if you do.

Don Howard

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2004, 12:53:19 PM »
[quote name=\'BrentW\' date=\'Mar 18 2004, 07:29 PM\'] Well that explains it.  He didn't win crap.  :)  I AM SO HAPPY.  He lost.  I don't mean to be gleeful, but being lucky enough to get picked for JEP! THEN getting the call for Millionaire...well..that's enough good luck for one person..I'm sorry!  :) [/quote]
 True that. He'll just have to find a way to get by on that measly $500K.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2004, 05:35:45 PM »
Sure he left J! with only a $2,000 consolation prize which is very easy to surrender
Hey, a couple of cases of Turtle Wax are worth SOMETHING!

uncamark

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2004, 03:40:39 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 19 2004, 05:35 PM\']
Sure he left J! with only a $2,000 consolation prize which is very easy to surrender
Hey, a couple of cases of Turtle Wax are worth SOMETHING![/quote]
They don't get the cases of Turtle Wax or the lifetime supply of Centrum Silver or the gift from Inventions Submission Corporation on "J!" any more, IIRC.

Tony

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2004, 06:11:01 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 22 2004, 03:40 PM\'][quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 19 2004, 05:35 PM\']
Hey, a couple of cases of Turtle Wax are worth SOMETHING![/quote]
They don't get the cases of Turtle Wax or the lifetime supply of Centrum Silver or the gift from Inventions Submission Corporation on "J!" any more, IIRC.[/quote]
I'm positive Mr. Clementson was being facetious.

As Mr. Lemon might put it, "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2004, 06:33:33 PM »
[quote name=\'BrentW\' date=\'Mar 18 2004, 07:29 PM\'] S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Well that explains it.  He didn't win crap.  :)  I AM SO HAPPY.  He lost.  I don't mean to be gleeful, but being lucky enough to get picked for JEP! THEN getting the call for Millionaire...well..that's enough good luck for one person..I'm sorry!  :) [/quote]
Or are you utterly jealous because you didn't qualify?  IMO, if you are intellegent enough to make both J! and Millionaire...that's worthy of recognition, not being dumped on.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 06:33:52 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

starcade

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2004, 08:00:37 PM »
I'd argue for the Kimmer...

In both applications, he was truthful.  He had not appeared on any other game show within the time frame at the point of his application for J! (Super Millionaire probably wasn't even scheduled at that point...), and SM allowed for his participation on J! not to be disqualifying.

I think that, if they're going to put standards for not appearing on multiple shows in quick succession into the rules, they should allow those standards to be universal.

starcade

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2004, 08:03:32 PM »
However, after reading the thread, and seeing Matt, they have no choice.

The Kimmer must forfeit his winnings, since he violated the J! contract, if Matt's bold-faced quote is correct, by appearing on SM.  I don't think it'll be an issue though -- he can't have won $500K on J!...

starcade

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2004, 08:04:34 PM »
C'mon -- Chris was being silly -- the "Lifetime Supply of Turtle Wax" was one of the most endearing "parting gifts" ever known on game shows...  ;)

HYHYBT

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2004, 09:09:44 AM »
Yes, but if you don't have a turtle it's about useless.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

goongas

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2004, 12:26:14 PM »
-- he can't have won $500K on J!...

Why not?  The sky is the limit now for winnings.  Not likely he could have, but perhaps they would bump up the Tournament of Champions payout, etc.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2004, 02:07:58 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 10:09 AM\'] Yes, but if you don't have a turtle it's about useless. [/quote]
 Through an unfortunate accident I don't care to discuss, I learned it's also quite effective on bald heads.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.