Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Season Of The Mole On Netflix June 28  (Read 1785 times)

DoItRockapella

New Season Of The Mole On Netflix June 28
« on: May 19, 2024, 02:40:21 PM »
I honestly thought it would never happen, but...

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/05/16/the-mole-season-2-new-host-and-release-date-announcement-382511/20240516netflix04/

New host is Ari Shapiro from NPR. AFAIK, it is three episodes a week for three weeks.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: New Season Of The Mole On Netflix June 28
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 02:48:40 PM »
I was going to say the success of The Traitors had to be a huge tick in The Mole's favor, but this renewal was first reported in February 2023, when The Traitors had just been out in America for a month. So perhaps not.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 03:23:51 PM »
It’s amusing when you recall that Alan Cumming and Ari Shapiro have just been out on tour together with their “Considered Cabaret” show that they’re now hosting similar shows.
@lambertman

Clay Zambo

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 04:47:22 PM »
VERY much looking forward to seeing Ari, rather than just hearing him. I'm not a huge MOLE fan, but I'll certainly try this.
czambo@mac.com

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 12:48:03 AM »
I was going to say the success of The Traitors had to be a huge tick in The Mole's favor, but this renewal was first reported in February 2023, when The Traitors had just been out in America for a month. So perhaps not.
Season 1 of Netflix's version looks to have come out around the time that Traitors was starting to air in English-speaking countries, so it's still possible someone said "we have The Traitors at home"
This signature is currently under construction.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2024, 02:38:20 PM »
It’s amusing when you recall that Alan Cumming and Ari Shapiro have just been out on tour together with their “Considered Cabaret” show that they’re now hosting similar shows.

Entertainment Weekly has a good interview with Ari Shapiro about The Mole that touches on this topic.

https://ew.com/the-mole-new-host-season-premiere-date-ari-shapiro-exclusive-8640665

I really want to check out The Traitors, but don't want to pay for Peacock just for that one show. I paid for CBS All Access\Paramount+ for about two years, then realized there was nothing I wanted on it other than Star Trek.

Loogaroo

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2024, 07:30:33 PM »
Netflix Mole was a welcome sight given the 15 some-odd years that had elapsed since ABC's last foray into the format. But holy hell, the show had some of the worst editing I've ever seen on a competitive reality show. I get that it's a streaming platform and "bingeing" is a thing, but come on. End the episode with an elimination like a civilized person, please.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

TimK2003

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2024, 10:25:34 PM »

Entertainment Weekly has a good interview with Ari Shapiro about The Mole that touches on this topic.

https://ew.com/the-mole-new-host-season-premiere-date-ari-shapiro-exclusive-8640665

I really want to check out The Traitors, but don't want to pay for Peacock just for that one show. I paid for CBS All Access\Paramount+ for about two years, then realized there was nothing I wanted on it other than Star Trek.

There are some pretty good deals for short-term (1‐2 months) subscriptions on some subscription channels for the next few days in honor of National Streaming Day, but I don't think Peacock or Paramount are offering anything.

^^^ This is through (at least) most Roku devices.

vtown7

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2024, 06:44:14 AM »

There are some pretty good deals for short-term (1‐2 months) subscriptions on some subscription channels for the next few days in honor of National Streaming Day, but I don't think Peacock or Paramount are offering anything.

^^^ This is through (at least) most Roku devices.

Two things:

1. As I did for Netflix Mole S1, I'm going to turn on Netflix just for one month (and will do it the cheapest way I can), I'm once again baffled why they don't drop this over several weeks.  Netflix: you could have had three months from me if you'd just do it differently!

2. Having watched, in order, Canada English, UK 1, NZ 1, AUS 1, UK 2, US 1, AUS 2, France 1, and currently watching Canada French, I can vouch that it's worth your while to check out The Traitors.  That being said... I found NZ as the best "introduction" version and the UK version as the strongest version overall.

Ryan :)

/Traitors France 2 is sitting downloaded raring to go
//Someone on Traitors Canada French was on the Quebecoise version of Pyramide back in 2009
///yes, I took an hour long detour to visit the set of Traitors NZ 1 when I was over in January - and they gave me a tour!