Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: #SurveyAlsoSaid: All Family Feud 100 Responses on Twitter  (Read 942 times)

chad1m

#SurveyAlsoSaid: All Family Feud 100 Responses on Twitter
« on: April 15, 2024, 01:39:51 PM »
Last week, in a post called #SurveyAlsoSaid, the Family Feud Twitter account began posting complete survey data for one question on each show. I do believe this is the first time any official show capacity has given out all 100 answers. For example, today's (de-emojified) post gave us this information:

We asked 100 women. You’re drunk at a bar and you see a man who dumped you. What do you do?
#1 Ignore Him (40)
#2 Leave / Hide (18)
#3 Tell Him Off (15)
#4 Pour Drink On Him ( 8 )
#5 Say Hi (7)
#6 Puke On Him (2)
#7 Flip Him Off (2)
#8 Headbutt / Attack (2)
···
#SurveyAlsoSaid (not seen on TV)
* Cry (1)
* Stare At Him (1)
* Warn His Date (1)
* Twerk (1)
* Smile At Other Men (1)
* Act Happy (1)

As of today, five questions have had their responses posted.

JohnXXVII

Re: #SurveyAlsoSaid: All Family Feud 100 Responses on Twitter
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 09:48:16 PM »
I was wondering, have the producers of Family Feud ever just made up the responses to a survey, or are they above such chicanery?

SuperMatch93

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 09:53:30 PM »
I was wondering, have the producers of Family Feud ever just made up the responses to a survey, or are they above such chicanery?

Wouldn't that be an S&P issue, given that Steve always said that they surveyed 100 people?

/then again, they never said which 100
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 09:53:52 PM »
I don’t know, why don’t you tell us?

/wow
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chad1m

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 10:48:32 PM »
Today's survey showed how neatly the top 8 maximum fits some questions, and how the way some survey respondents miss the point never see the light of day.

We asked 100 people. Name something a male stripper called “The Pool Boy” might be holding.

Top 8 answers on the board
#1 Net / Skimmer (39)
#2 Hose (11)
#3 Pool Noodle (11)
#4 Life Preserver (7)
#5 Beach Ball (4)
#6 Speedo / Trunks (4)
#7 Himself / Butt / Trouser Snake (4)
#8 Float / Raft (3)
···
#SurveyAlsoSaid (not seen on TV)
* Jock Strap (2)
* Bucket of Water (2)
* Pool Brush (2)
* Towel (2)
* Cue Stick (2)
* Pool Vacuum (2)
* Floatie / Water Wings (1)
* Goggles (1)
* Squeegee (1)
* Rubber Duck (1)
* The 8 Ball (1)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 11:22:02 PM »
While I think "cue stick" is a magnificent answer, I could not see this survey being played if it or similar answers had qualified to be on the board.
This signature is currently under construction.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 01:55:39 AM »
Could somebody please bookmark that tweet for the next time we have the conversation about how not every answer with at least two respondents is required to be displayed on the board?

A mildly interesting disclaimer in each of these tweets:

Note: #FamilyFeud surveys are conducted anonymously via phone throughout the 🇺🇸 by people who are not #SteveHarvey.

Are there viewers who think that Steve Harvey is the one going out and soliciting these responses? Anyway, I found it informative to learn that the surveys are conducted by phone now (I believe they were done by mail in the Dawson/Combs days). That would help eliminate any spelling bias in the "Give me a word that rhymes with ______" questions.

I assume that the people being contacted by phone know that they are specifically answering Family Feud questions (as opposed to the producers creating a pretense of conducting a general national survey), given the number of questions that are about Steve Harvey.