Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Q2 2024  (Read 2823 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Buzzr Q2 2024
« on: March 21, 2024, 12:52:28 AM »
April 1st starts off with an interesting curiosity:

All week at 7PM Eastern Buzzr will be running Match Game 90 for an hour, with episodes all being shows previously rerun in marathons. (They're doing similar hours on Saturday 3/23 and Sunday 3/31 at 5PM.).

Match Game 90's never been on the regular schedule in Buzzr's nearly nine years of existence.  Not sure if this is going to be a one-off or if they're going to eventually segue to a normal run of the show. Test?

snowpeck

Re: Buzzr Q2 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 01:12:31 AM »
April 1st starts off with an interesting curiosity:

All week at 7PM Eastern Buzzr will be running Match Game 90 for an hour, with episodes all being shows previously rerun in marathons. (They're doing similar hours on Saturday 3/23 and Sunday 3/31 at 5PM.).

Match Game 90's never been on the regular schedule in Buzzr's nearly nine years of existence.  Not sure if this is going to be a one-off or if they're going to eventually segue to a normal run of the show. Test?
I was wondering the same thing. They've done similar things with shows returning to the schedule after a long absence. For instance, Moore TTTT had a few weeks of repeats prior to them adding fresh ones, so I could see them applying something similar here even though it's never been on the regular schedule before. I'd definitely be interested in seeing Match Game 90 on the regular. The last time they did a survey, I specifically mentioned it as a show I'd like to see them run.

EDIT: On the other hand, I'm also reminded that they randomly ran a week of To Tell the Truth 1990 in the slot for the Garry Moore version recently, so who knows.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:53:00 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 02:38:51 AM »
Has anyone been keeping track of how many Rayburn-hosted Match Games Buzzr has aired? I only find myself tuning in once in a great while, but I think I've seen the network get into the syndicated run. Have all of the Match Game PM episodes aired on Buzzr? I'm curious how much is left before the network has no choice but to move to the '90s version of the show if it wants more fresh episodes.

Given how frequently Super Password airs on Buzzr, there would appear to be sufficient demand from the audience to see celebrities from that time period.

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 03:00:35 AM »
Has anyone been keeping track of how many Rayburn-hosted Match Games Buzzr has aired? I only find myself tuning in once in a great while, but I think I've seen the network get into the syndicated run. Have all of the Match Game PM episodes aired on Buzzr? I'm curious how much is left before the network has no choice but to move to the '90s version of the show if it wants more fresh episodes.

Given how frequently Super Password airs on Buzzr, there would appear to be sufficient demand from the audience to see celebrities from that time period.
They've gotten through the entire CBS run (minus any episodes they've deemed inappropriate) and a large chunk of PM. There's still about 30 or so PM shows from 1976 they haven't gotten to.

They're currently working their way through the syndicated run. They've gotten about a third of the way through season two.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 12:05:31 PM »
Well, the MG '90 addition seems to be part of what I'm guessing will be an hour of revolving eras that'll change weekly, perhaps? The week of 4/8 shows MG '73.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 09:37:12 PM »
Effective 4/15:

What's 'new': Body Language, Supermarket Sweep
What's gone: Tattletales.

1pm to 3pm changes up for the week (Edit 4/10: 80s Split Second/LMAD on Weekdays and Temptation/Sale on weekends return after a one week break the week of 4/22. Primetime changes remain)

The prime/late changes are regular changes, which includes 80s LMAD getting pulled from prime (and the return of Supermarket Sweep after a short hiatus as well as Body Language after a longer one). I think this is the first time Tattletales has been off the Buzzr schedule entirely (unless it reappears next week after the Spring Break stunt ends). Based on the time period downgrade and now nearing the end of Kroeger's episodes, wouldn't be surprised to see it exit soon.

Weekdays:
Week of 4/15 Only:
1:00PM to 3:00PM (week of 4/15 Only): "Spring Break Getaway" stunt. (See Below)

then regular changes:
6PM-8PM Match Game switches to 73
8:00PM: Match Game 73 x2 (Replaces To Tell the Truth 73 x2)
9:00PM: To Tell the Truth 73 x2 (Replaces Tattletales 76 x2)
10:00PM: Password Plus 81 x2 (REplaces Newlywed Game 90s x2)
11:00PM: Supermarket Sweep x2 (Replaces LMAD 80s x2)
12:00AM: Body Language x2 (Replaces Classic Concentration x2)
1:00AM: Newlywed Game 90s x4 (Replaces Password Plus x2 and Super Password x2)

Weekends:
Buzzr's "Spring Break Getaway" stunt (reairs from weekdays) blows out weekend afternoons from 1P-6P the week of 4/15.

7:00pm: Match Game 73 x4 (Replaces Password Plus 81x2 and To Tell the Truth 70s x2)
9:00pm: To Tell the Truth 70s x2 (Replaces Tattletales)
11:00PM: Supermarket Sweep x2 (Replaces Classic Concentration x2)

Most of the above had been blown out for programming stunts on weekends since the end of January, but that appears to be the new regular prime/late schedule 7 days/week
----------
The spring break getaway stunt will be a rotation/sampling of various spring break themed episodes and prizes from various shows in the Buzzr library, primarily Classic Concentration, Eubanks' Card Sharks, Press Your Luck, and both versions of 80s Sale.

Classic Concentration locks down the 1P Hour all week, Eubanks' CS takes the 2:00pm half hour all week, and a mix of PYL and 80s Sale airs at 2:30p. (PYL M-W, Sale Th/F). All of those episodes reair on Saturday or Sunday from 1p-6p.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:40:05 PM by Chelsea Thrasher »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2024, 02:51:20 PM »
Effective 4/15:

What's 'new': Body Language, Supermarket Sweep
What's gone: Tattletales.  Split Second, 80s LMAD, and Temptation are gone for at least the week of 4/15, and 80s Sale is reduced to two programming stunt eps, one from each version.  These may change back the week of 4/22 or change to something else. The prime/late changes appear to be normal changes, which includes 80s LMAD getting pulled from prime (and the return of Supermarket Sweep after a short hiatus as well as Body Language after a longer one). I think this is the first time Tattletales has been off the Buzzr schedule entirely (unless it reappears next week after the Spring Break stunt ends). Based on the time period downgrade and now nearing the end of Kroeger's episodes, wouldn't be surprised to see it exit soon.

Weekdays:
1:00PM to 3:00PM: "Spring Break Getaway" stunt. (See Below)
then:
6PM-8PM Match Game switches to 73
8:00PM: Match Game 73 x2 (Replaces To Tell the Truth 73 x2)
9:00PM: To Tell the Truth 73 x2 (Replaces Tattletales 76 x2)
11:00PM: Supermarket Sweep x2 (Replaces LMAD 80s x2)

Weekends:
Buzzr's "Spring Break Getaway" stunt (reairs from weekdays) blows out weekend afternoons from 1P-6P the week of 4/15.

7:00pm: Match Game 73 x4 (Replaces Password Plus 81x2 and To Tell the Truth 70s x2)
9:00pm: To Tell the Truth 70s x2 (Replaces Tattletales)
11:00PM: Supermarket Sweep x2 (Replaces Classic Concentration x2)

Most of the above had been blown out for programming stunts on weekends since the end of January, but that appears to be the new regular prime/late schedule 7 days/week
----------
The spring break getaway stunt will be a rotation/sampling of various spring break themed episodes and prizes from various shows in the Buzzr library, primarily Classic Concentration, Eubanks' Card Sharks, Press Your Luck, and both versions of 80s Sale.

Classic Concentration locks down the 1P Hour all week replacing 80s Split Second. Eubanks' CS takes the 2:00pm half hour all week, and a mix of PYL and 80s Sale airs at 2:30p. all of whom replace 80s LMAD.  (PYL M-W, Sale Th/F). All of those episodes reair on Saturday or Sunday from 1p-6p.

No idea what happens to that two hour segment (or the weekend time cleared out for reruns) the week of the 22nd, as the schedule stops at the end of Sunday and on-air/social promotions had indicated it was a one week stunt.

In addition, they'll be sprinkling new CC eps into the 4PM-6PM block on Monday, Tuesday and half of Wednesday (starting with 950--OAD 2/18/91).  Although I don't get why their numbering system still has them labeled as "90_0950"--it's not a matter of tape date; those shows definitely taped in 1991.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)